• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheWestWing

And his fists have been placed in Bert's locker.....

Rate this topic

Brain research is so critical, not just for concussion research. What a great gift from the Probert family! :thumbup:

indeed, because of things like this researchers have recently made a break through in ALS research.

Boston University study by Ann McKee finds link between concussions and Lou Gehrig's disease

Edited by Original-Six

My brother suffered a traumatic brain injury about a year ago in a motorcycle accident. Luckily, he's expected to make close to a full recovery but even now, a year later, he's not 100%. I saw first hand how debilitating brain injuries are, even what seem like minor ones. Very happy to hear that the Probert family is giving such a generous gift.

Have to say that I personally was never a "big fan" of organ donation and myself had always declined on my license. About 3 weeks ago my Father passed away and we were asked about 5 minutes later if we would be willing to have any of his organs donated. We (my mom and brother and me) decided that it would be well representative of my Father to do this and agreed to it as he was always known as a selfless man who was there fore other more than himself.

We found out the next morning that they were able to use his corneas to allow two blind people to see and his skin to help burn patients. We think (but never got confirmation) that they were able to use his bone for cancer patients as well. It certainly is a great gift to give and it makes a family very proud of the departed loved one.

Glad to hear Probert's family was able to experience this blessing and that others will as well from their generosity.

Have to say that I personally was never a "big fan" of organ donation and myself had always declined on my license. About 3 weeks ago my Father passed away and we were asked about 5 minutes later if we would be willing to have any of his organs donated. We (my mom and brother and me) decided that it would be well representative of my Father to do this and agreed to it as he was always known as a selfless man who was there fore other more than himself.

We found out the next morning that they were able to use his corneas to allow two blind people to see and his skin to help burn patients. We think (but never got confirmation) that they were able to use his bone for cancer patients as well. It certainly is a great gift to give and it makes a family very proud of the departed loved one.

Glad to hear Probert's family was able to experience this blessing and that others will as well from their generosity.

Wow Lord Stanley! Thats a great story! I'm sorry for your loss, but to help others out when your in sorrow is something that is remarkable. Thats a great blessing you all did for those fortunate folks! You all should feel proud that your father could help out again. What a great story! Be wishes, Lets Go Wings Community will keep you and your family in our prayers! :thumbup:

This is a wonderful gift from the Probert family. God bless them!

My dad had to have a vein graft last October, and we know that a donor vein was used. People, please consider organ, tissue, and bone marrow donation.

Lord Stanley, your story is a prime example of the gift that your father passed on to others. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm proud of you and your family for letting your father help others, even in his passing.

This is a wonderful gift from the Probert family. God bless them!

My dad had to have a vein graft last October, and we know that a donor vein was used. People, please consider organ, tissue, and bone marrow donation.

Lord Stanley, your story is a prime example of the gift that your father passed on to others. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm proud of you and your family for letting your father help others, even in his passing.

lego.png

Take what you want, burn the rest, scatter me in the woods. Better someone gets something out of it than nothing.

I just saw a special on ABC news the other night about a family who lost their 13 year old daughter in a skiing accident. They donated her heart to someone for a transplant, through the internet they were able to connect with the person who received the heart and ended up meeting her, she was a 40ish woman, they got to hear their daughters heart still beating, giving life to someone else.