• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/24 Pre-season GDT: Chicago Blackhawks at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Modano looked like the anti-Samuelsson on the point tonight, all passes and no shots.

Other than coughing it up in the 3rd though, Smith looked good, played with some confidence.

TSN is reporting 14 minutes played. He just looked invisible to me not really doing anything.

EDIT: updated

not impressed with modano. doesn't look like he wants to be here

I personally was against him coming here but now that he is here I hope what we saw today was just rust and getting to know new teammates.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in saying he doesn't want to be here but he looks disinterested so far. I can see why some say he packed it in a couple years ago. Never been a fan but hope he fits in and does well.

It's the preseason.

Seriously.

The preseason.

Look at the goal early in the third, horrible defensive play by Datsyuk to let that pass through. So he must suck.

No, it's just that it's just the preseason.

Preseason.

It's the preseason.

Do you get the point I'm trying to make?

If not, it's that it's the preseason.

Seriously, the preseason.

It's the preseason.

Seriously.

The preseason.

Look at the goal early in the third, horrible defensive play by Datsyuk to let that pass through. So he must suck.

Preseason.

It's the preseason.

Not a game man, preseason

Not a game man, It was the preseason.

Gotta love Allen Iverson.

Guest scottj

It's the preseason.

Seriously.

The preseason.

Preseason.

It's the preseason.

WHAT THE f*** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!!!!!!!!???????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got done watchign it, Owens is for ******* real, as is Tatar, both of these guys look NHL- ready. SMith was horrible, as was Ericsson, both of them were getting tossed constantly, were always out of position, smith seemed to have his head down perpetually, mursay and emmerton were also really good, modano still looks a little timid, salei looked really good. Beach was an 11th overall pick? His level of skill reminded me of Downey.

Edited by jollymania

I would think that as well. Seems to be the thing to do is play your better squad at home and let the kids/depth play on the road.

Teams try and play there young guys more when they are playing a team with there core in to see what they can do against NHL players. The preseaon is less about winning and more about seeing what you have and how they play in different situations. Thats why its not really a big deal if the Wings didn't kill the Blackhawks tonight. Its the preseason it is really hard to try and convince your good player to go out and play there best when they are playing for nothing. Not to mention for alot of this players its only there first or second game this season so there is some rust there. So thats why the guys that already have a roster spots are not looking so impressive. The young guys are the one who are trying to impress and prove themselves. That is why you hear alot on these forum that a player that is heading to Grand Rapids looks alot better then some one on the rooster its just because the people who have a spot are not trying really hard well the young guys are playing there best.

Just got done watchign it, Owens is for ******* real, as is Tatar, both of these guys look NHL- ready. SMith was horrible, as was Ericsson, both of them were getting tossed constantly, were always out of position, smith seemed to have his head down perpetually, mursay and emmerton were also really good, modano still looks a little timid, salei looked really good. Beach was an 11th overall pick? His level of skill reminded me of Downey.

Nice review. Looks like you are one of the few who actually watched the game.

I think the video feed is just a patch of what they show on the jumbotron at the Joe. So we're seeing all the hokey little games and stuff that they show during commercial breaks, intermissions, etc.

That's definitely what it was. It was weird reading through the GDT having everyone see what I saw at the game :lol:

Hey, hey, hey.

They call that goaltender interference now, even-though Crawford was so worried about homer he had his glovehand on Homers back and didnt see the puck shot. But yeah, Homer interefered =\.

The ref's explanation was that he was in the crease, nothing about interference. Maybe it was just poor word choice on his part, I dunno.

not impressed with modano. doesn't look like he wants to be here

He's a 40 year old player, in his 20th season and you're complaining about his performance in a pre-season game? We have a LONG way to go, he doesn't need to be burning himself out in a stupid pre-season game.

Question... I know the new rules regarding hits to the head, etc. However, in this play, it looked like Leddy was getting low, either to go for the puck or to brace himself for the hit. If Owen's elbow hadn't gone out, would this still have been called? If so, it doesn't seem right, since Leddy was lowering his body before the hit. You can't help but make contact above the shoulders when that happens.

loved that owens hit, gotta appreciate establishing a presence out there. i agree about salei, he was great out there. i am very surprised with him and am glad he is there to stay back and provide a steady defender on the 3rd pairing. cant wait to see him start laying some big hits and clearing the crease, something we've needed for a long time.

I thought Owens was really impressive last night, despite Babcock's comments about Emmerton and Mursak, I thought Owens was a bigger presence than either one of them. Owens-Abdelkader-Helm would be a serious forecheck.

I thought Ericsson, Tatar, and Owens looked really good. I wasnt impressed by Smith's defensive game, he looked pretty good offensivly, but was really lacking defensivly. Smith also needs to gains a lot more strength he got railed a few times, and wasnt very strong on his feet. Hes a big tough guy at parties apparently, maybe he should show that on the ice :ninja:

Guest Heaten

I am extremely impressed with this Owens kid; he's got heart and determination. When I saw him play my first thought was "this kid amazing!", and he is fast as hell! Looks like he'll rival Helm in the speed department. I see he's getting a lot of praise on here, so I must not be the only on who thinks this. and just think, Holland only had to give up Kris Newbury for him :D

Another kid I thought was probably the most impressive prospect on the ice (for either team) was Mursak. This kid is as offensively gifted as they come. His hockey IQ and talents are rock solid. He also "wow'd" me.

Here's something I didn't read anyone mention, but Howard is playing the puck better than I ever seem him play it. Looks like he's worked on playing the puck in the offseason and it shows. He's was passing the puck to players and making plays. I never thought Howard as a goalie who would play the puck, but he looked very comfortable and confident out there.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are PURE magic. This is going to be, hands down, the best line in the NHL this year. You heard it first here. :cool:

Ericsson is playing with an edge, it looks like Salei may be rubbing off on him. He was powering some Hawks regulars (Bolland and Hendry) and made them look like chop suey. Ericsson playing with nastiness is when he's at his best. Hope he keeps the trend going. I think we can thank Salei for the new found Ericsson's game.

Salei does look rock solid and I didn't realize how good of a passer he is. He seems very comfortable and never seems to panic. And his positioning is rock solid. And he's a great skater. i didn't realize this about Salei.

Tatar is a very smart hockey player. He was always in on the offensive mix of things. He was always right there making things happen and the puck seemed to follow him.

I am excited to see more of Smith. He's going to develop into a top pairing dman. He's got skills. He just needs to bulk up and get more physical. He made a couple good defensive plays, after than one bonehead play. I think quirk inspired him to tighten up.

I don't know... I remember when Chicago fans use to come to this forum bragging how great their future is and how great their prospects are... yet I wasn't all that impressed with their kids at all. I think Red Wings prospects (Owens, Mursak, Emmerton, Tatar, Smith) completely dominated and overshadowed their prospects when they went head-to-head in the game. Bottom line, Red Wings have a very bright future ahead of them. I didn't notice any prospects on the Black hawks other than the one kid that got lucky on a PP.

Beach was seriously an 11th overall pick? Lol. Would he even make it on our 4th line in the AHL? haha

Mursak, Tatar and Owens really stood out to me. I want to see more of these kids! :thumbup:

Guest Heaten

Owens played well, but I'm just not ready yet to see someone else wearing Jason Woolley's number.

Lol. :thumbup: