• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#301 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Modano looked like the anti-Samuelsson on the point tonight, all passes and no shots.

Other than coughing it up in the 3rd though, Smith looked good, played with some confidence.

#302 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

TSN is reporting 14 minutes played. He just looked invisible to me not really doing anything.

EDIT: updated

not impressed with modano. doesn't look like he wants to be here

I personally was against him coming here but now that he is here I hope what we saw today was just rust and getting to know new teammates.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in saying he doesn't want to be here but he looks disinterested so far. I can see why some say he packed it in a couple years ago. Never been a fan but hope he fits in and does well.

It's the preseason.

Seriously.

The preseason.

Look at the goal early in the third, horrible defensive play by Datsyuk to let that pass through. So he must suck.

No, it's just that it's just the preseason.

Preseason.

It's the preseason.

Do you get the point I'm trying to make?

If not, it's that it's the preseason.

Seriously, the preseason.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#303 heikks86

heikks86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

yeah pre-season doesnt mean anything, the Lions went 4-0 in pre-season and then went 0-16 in the regular season

#304 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

The only players who take the preseason seriously are prospects and Brooks Orpik.

#305 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

So what part of the season are we at right now?

#306 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

Good game overall, nice to see Mursak pot one! Now hope the kids can take it to the s***hawks tomorrow too!
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#307 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

It's the preseason.

Seriously.

The preseason.

Look at the goal early in the third, horrible defensive play by Datsyuk to let that pass through. So he must suck.

Preseason.

It's the preseason.

Not a game man, preseason

Not a game man, It was the preseason.

Gotta love Allen Iverson.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#308 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

It's the preseason.

Seriously.

The preseason.

Preseason.

It's the preseason.

WHAT THE f*** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!!!!!!!!???????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#309 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:53 PM

We're at the core part, where there's depth.

Also, enforcers.
*this space for rent*

#310 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:17 AM

Preseason.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#311 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:24 AM

man Modano looked bad hope he wont be a bust
Posted Image

#312 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:50 AM

Just got done watchign it, Owens is forf****** real, as is Tatar, both of these guys look NHL- ready. SMith was horrible, as was Ericsson, both of them were getting tossed constantly, were always out of position, smith seemed to have his head down perpetually, mursay and emmerton were also really good, modano still looks a little timid, salei looked really good. Beach was an 11th overall pick? His level of skill reminded me of Downey.

Edited by jollymania, 25 September 2010 - 01:07 AM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#313 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#314 funguy21

funguy21

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

I would think that as well. Seems to be the thing to do is play your better squad at home and let the kids/depth play on the road.

Teams try and play there young guys more when they are playing a team with there core in to see what they can do against NHL players. The preseaon is less about winning and more about seeing what you have and how they play in different situations. Thats why its not really a big deal if the Wings didn't kill the Blackhawks tonight. Its the preseason it is really hard to try and convince your good player to go out and play there best when they are playing for nothing. Not to mention for alot of this players its only there first or second game this season so there is some rust there. So thats why the guys that already have a roster spots are not looking so impressive. The young guys are the one who are trying to impress and prove themselves. That is why you hear alot on these forum that a player that is heading to Grand Rapids looks alot better then some one on the rooster its just because the people who have a spot are not trying really hard well the young guys are playing there best.

#315 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:12 AM

Just got done watchign it, Owens is forf****** real, as is Tatar, both of these guys look NHL- ready. SMith was horrible, as was Ericsson, both of them were getting tossed constantly, were always out of position, smith seemed to have his head down perpetually, mursay and emmerton were also really good, modano still looks a little timid, salei looked really good. Beach was an 11th overall pick? His level of skill reminded me of Downey.

Nice review. Looks like you are one of the few who actually watched the game.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#316 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

I think the video feed is just a patch of what they show on the jumbotron at the Joe. So we're seeing all the hokey little games and stuff that they show during commercial breaks, intermissions, etc.

That's definitely what it was. It was weird reading through the GDT having everyone see what I saw at the game :lol:

Hey, hey, hey.

They call that goaltender interference now, even-though Crawford was so worried about homer he had his glovehand on Homers back and didnt see the puck shot. But yeah, Homer interefered =\.

The ref's explanation was that he was in the crease, nothing about interference. Maybe it was just poor word choice on his part, I dunno.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#317 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:47 AM

not impressed with modano. doesn't look like he wants to be here

He's a 40 year old player, in his 20th season and you're complaining about his performance in a pre-season game? We have a LONG way to go, he doesn't need to be burning himself out in a stupid pre-season game.

#318 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YkCI_KjERo

Question... I know the new rules regarding hits to the head, etc. However, in this play, it looked like Leddy was getting low, either to go for the puck or to brace himself for the hit. If Owen's elbow hadn't gone out, would this still have been called? If so, it doesn't seem right, since Leddy was lowering his body before the hit. You can't help but make contact above the shoulders when that happens.

#319 RedOrDead

RedOrDead

The Scorpion

• 48 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

I'll be there. Wings win 14 - 3.

Why? Please don't...

WHY?
A. Booing is fun
B. Beer makes booing even more fun.

... Was a great game tho

#320 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

loved that owens hit, gotta appreciate establishing a presence out there. i agree about salei, he was great out there. i am very surprised with him and am glad he is there to stay back and provide a steady defender on the 3rd pairing. cant wait to see him start laying some big hits and clearing the crease, something we've needed for a long time.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.