• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/24 Pre-season GDT: Chicago Blackhawks at Red Wings

Rate this topic

I don't know... I remember when Chicago fans use to come to this forum bragging how great their future is and how great their prospects are... yet I wasn't all that impressed with their kids at all. I think Red Wings prospects (Owens, Mursak, Emmerton, Tatar, Smith) completely dominated and overshadowed their prospects when they went head-to-head in the game. Bottom line, Red Wings have a very bright future ahead of them. I didn't notice any prospects on the Black hawks other than the one kid that got lucky on a PP.

Mursak, Tatar and Owens really stood out to me. I want to see more of these kids! :thumbup:

Of the few young players who are NHL ready that even PLAYED last night, only Morin looked impressive. Leddy had a pretty good game, but was on an awful pairing so it's really hard to judge. Beach reminded me a lot of the way Kopecky played for a large part of last year in that he appeared to be trying ot do too much instead of letting the game come to him. Vishnevsky, a guy who has a chane at a roster spot, really didn't play all that well while Jordan Hendry (who probably had a leg up to be the 5/6 dman on the bottom pairing) was flat out awful. Bickell, who pretty much has a roster spot locked up, played okay but nothing special. In all there where maybe 6-7 guys playing who will make the opening night roster and that INCLUDES the incumbants like Brouwer, Bolland, and Campbell.

Simply put, last night was Chicago's "B" team much like tonight will be for you guys. I wouldn't read too much into either teams performance, outside of trying to judge players who are vying for open roster spots. Outside of maybe Morin (who is not only playign his way onto the roster, but could potentially see a top 6 role), all of our better NHL ready forward prospects will be playign tonight. Morin may play again, and he'll be joined by Makarov (he's been great so far), Skille, and Stalberg. I'm looking forward to tonight as some of these young guys will be playing on lines with our studs.

Edited by zrf

I just have to back up the few people who have also said it:

Smith looked like garbage last night. He made some good offensive plays, but for good chunks of time it looked to me like he didn't know what a defenseman is supposed to do.

OK, he didn't look like garbage, he just didn't look anywhere near as good as I expect someone of his caliber, and someone that I suppose has an outside shot at a roster spot, to play.

Guest Heaten

Of the few young players who are NHL ready that even PLAYED last night, only Morin looked impressive. Leddy had a pretty good game, but was on an awful pairing so it's really hard to judge. Beach reminded me a lot of the way Kopecky played for a large part of last year in that he appeared to be trying ot do too much instead of letting the game come to him. Vishnevsky, a guy who has a chane at a roster spot, really didn't play all that well while Jordan Hendry (who probably had a leg up to be the 5/6 dman on the bottom pairing) was flat out awful. Bickell, who pretty much has a roster spot locked up, played okay but nothing special. In all there where maybe 6-7 guys playing who will make the opening night roster and that INCLUDES the incumbants like Brouwer, Bolland, and Campbell.

Simply put, last night was Chicago's "B" team much like tonight will be for you guys. I wouldn't read too much into either teams performance, outside of trying to judge players who are vying for open roster spots. Outside of maybe Morin (who is not only playign his way onto the roster, but could potentially see a top 6 role), all of our better NHL ready forward prospects will be playign tonight. Morin may play again, and he'll be joined by Makarov (he's been great so far), Skille, and Stalberg. I'm looking forward to tonight as some of these young guys will be playing on lines with our studs.

I was particularly watching how our kids (Mursak, Emmerton, Tater, Owens) matched up against Hawks kids (Morin, Leddy) and noticed Wings kids still controlled the play and dominated. I'm extremely impressed with our young kids, especially Tater, Mursak and Owens. I was just pointing out that Red Wings have a bright future, indeed.