• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/25 Pre-season GDT: Red Wings at Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Holy s*** Filppula is actually shooting it!

I'd make another comment but I don't want to over Filppula the thread. I'll just hope someone else mentions how good Filppula looked on that PP (and the game in general, really).

Edited by Z and D for the C

Holy s*** Filppula is actually shooting it!

I'd make another comment but I don't want to over Filppula the thread. I'll just hope someone else mentions how good Filppula looked on that PP (and the game in general, really).

He looked confident out there, of course with a bunch of AHLers (and Bertuzzi) out there it isn't that hard to stand out.

Hopefully he has a good regular season.

Even though they lost it was a fun game to watch. I thought that the kids played with a lot of heart.

I know that the game means nothing, but there is a small part of me that really does not like losing to the Hawks.

What is Babcock doing to this group? Setting them up to lose? Is this like the group in which he wants to test their mental toughness or something?

Putting your AHL'ers in during the pre-season against a Hawks team dressing their stars isn't exactly going to equal a win. Nothing to see here, it's the pre-season.

This is good to hear. DOesn't Chicago have most of their guns in the lineup? I watched for all of 5 seconds and saw both Kane and Hossa.

Yessirree, they do/did have most of their guns in and our kids didn't bother to take a whole lotta crap from them and managed to give some back to them too. Fun game. Really!

What is Babcock doing to this group? Setting them up to lose? Is this like the group in which he wants to test their mental toughness or something?

My guess is that he wants to see how they perform under pressure, not only for tonight's contest, but to see who should be on the 4th line this season and to see what is coming in the future.

It also doesn't hurt for the GR coach to see them play in this situation and can work in player development.

He probably didn't expect them to win, but maybe he promised to bring cookies if they did.

I thought it was great...and actually a game like that will build confidence for the prospects. They hung with the Hawks big boys for the entire game. Guys like Owens, Mursak, Emmerton should feel very good about the way they performed. Good job mini wings!

Guest ChicagoMan

I like how all the Wings fans are saying OH ITS OUR MINOR LEAGUE TEAM....Well the Hawks iced Rockford essentially yesterday...were you saying OH WE DOMINATED THE CHAMPS!!!! Its just preseason haha

Ozzie not getting a star is laughable.

Highway Robbery.

He played well but he let in four goals and the first against him was stoppable.

Not a big deal considering it is the pre-season. I'm just happy to see an Osgood that plays really solid like tonight.

I like how all the Wings fans are saying OH ITS OUR MINOR LEAGUE TEAM....Well the Hawks iced Rockford essentially yesterday...were you saying OH WE DOMINATED THE CHAMPS!!!! Its just preseason haha

I don't think anyone was saying that. Get your head out of your ass.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Heaten

I gotta say, Hawks cannot feel good with that win, they iced a starting line-up while Detroit iced what... 3? Blackhawks had to win this game on the Power Play, Detroit could still have come out with the 'W' had they finished on their opportunities and played more disciplined. The story of this game was basically Hawks Power Play.... and I am extremely impressed how Wings generated lots of quality scoring chanced on the PK.

Without question, our kids have looked much better tonight against Hawks starting lineup, then Hawks kids did last night against our one and a half regular line-up and kids.... But I think that's going to be the story of the Hawks this year since they had to firesale most of their depth and replaced with scrubs.

This was a fun game to watch, on paper it should have been a blow out 7-0 Blackhawks, but our kids were just too much for them to handle. Wings definitely have a deep pool of talent!

Edited by Heaten

I gotta say, Hawks really feel good with that win, they iced a starting line-up while Detroit iced what... 3 regulars and Howard for 30 minutes? Blackhawks had to win this game on the Power Play, Detroit could still have come out with the 'W' had they finished on their opportunities and played more disciplined. The story of this game was basically Hawks Power Play.... and I am extremely impressed how Wings generated lots of quality scoring chanced on the PK.

Without question, our kids have looked much better tonight against Hawks starting lineup, then Hawks kids did last night against our one and a half regular line-up and kids.... But I think that's going to be the story of the Hawks this year since they had to firesale most of their depth and replaced with scrubs.

This was a fun game to watch, on paper it should have been a blow out 7-0 Blackhawks, but our kids were just too much for them to handle. Wings definitely have a deep pool of talent!

Well stated!

Hey, welcome! And congrats on your fist win in preseason. Hope your regular season goes a little better. See you soon, huh!

Nobody here said that.

Although I'm sure that Chicago fans are rejoicing a win over the Red Wings right now like it actually means something.