• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/25 Pre-season GDT: Red Wings at Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

I like how all the Wings fans are saying OH ITS OUR MINOR LEAGUE TEAM....Well the Hawks iced Rockford essentially yesterday...were you saying OH WE DOMINATED THE CHAMPS!!!! Its just preseason haha

I know you already been called out for the comment above. But can you cite your source? Bet you can't. ;)

Guest Heaten

"B-b-butt DETROITT STILL SUCKZ HAHAH!!!"

Yeah, I got the memo watching the game. Seems Hawks fans are more consumed with hate against the Red Wings then are joyful for finally icing a decent team and winning the cup.

But heh, I guess that's what happens to 'fans' (and I use that word loosely) for sucking for 60 years and getting owned by the Red Wings every step of the way.

Yeah, I got the memo watching the game. Seems Hawks fans are more consumed with hate against the Red Wings then are joyful for finally icing a decent team and winning the cup.

But heh, I guess that's what happens to 'fans' (and I use that word loosely) for sucking for 60 years and getting owned by the Red Wings every step of the way.

I was at the game. Yes, the fans were embarrassing. Obviously none of them knew that the Wings were dressing their minor league players, because they don't even know who the Wings starters are. Funny when the guys behind me were talking about how they can't wait til Versteeg gets on the ice. Oh and when they said: "Is Huet in goal?" They pronounced Huet "Hwett".

IMO, considering the disparity in roster talent, the Hawks did not play well at all. That was essentially their starting lineup, and for most of the game had little to no chemistry. The goals Turco let in were amazingly soft. Ozzie played well, so did some of the other youngsters. Stuart and Big Rig played pretty awful.

Overall, I'm pleased with the way the wings played, I was ready for MUCH much worse.

I was at the game. Yes, the fans were embarrassing. Obviously none of them knew that the Wings were dressing their minor league players, because they don't even know who the Wings starters are. Funny when the guys behind me were talking about how they can't wait til Versteeg gets on the ice. Oh and when they said: "Is Huet in goal?" They pronounced Huet "Hwett".

IMO, considering the disparity in roster talent, the Hawks did not play well at all. That was essentially their starting lineup, and for most of the game had little to no chemistry. The goals Turco let in were amazingly soft. Ozzie played well, so did some of the other youngsters. Stuart and Big Rig played pretty awful.

Overall, I'm pleased with the way the wings played, I was ready for MUCH much worse.

You have to be making that up.

You have to be making that up.

I wish I was. Obviously they weren't ALL saying that. Just one of the fellows behind me. His buddy was correcting him all the time. I think at one point he asked if the Wings still had Hasek... so he was a little behind the times.

Otherwise I was in a mostly Wing friendly section, including a very nice family all wearing Wings jerseys.

Guest Crymson

What is Babcock doing to this group? Setting them up to lose? Is this like the group in which he wants to test their mental toughness or something?

Do you ever stop complaining? It's the PRESEASON. It's an opportunity for the youngsters to show what they've got.

I like how all the Wings fans are saying OH ITS OUR MINOR LEAGUE TEAM....Well the Hawks iced Rockford essentially yesterday...were you saying OH WE DOMINATED THE CHAMPS!!!! Its just preseason haha

Really? Where?

Ericsson has been disappointing to say the least.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again here, Ericsson's max potential was what was shown during the 09 playoffs. If he comes even close to that level of play again he could be a solid 4th Dman, repeats his performance from 09 2nd Dman.

I gotta say, Hawks cannot feel good with that win, they iced a starting line-up while Detroit iced what... 3? Blackhawks had to win this game on the Power Play, Detroit could still have come out with the 'W' had they finished on their opportunities and played more disciplined. The story of this game was basically Hawks Power Play.... and I am extremely impressed how Wings generated lots of quality scoring chanced on the PK.

Without question, our kids have looked much better tonight against Hawks starting lineup, then Hawks kids did last night against our one and a half regular line-up and kids.... But I think that's going to be the story of the Hawks this year since they had to firesale most of their depth and replaced with scrubs.

This was a fun game to watch, on paper it should have been a blow out 7-0 Blackhawks, but our kids were just too much for them to handle. Wings definitely have a deep pool of talent!

I'm sure they're about as happy with their win as we were the other night when we dressed our stars and only came ahead by one.

Like everyone said before, it's the preseason, no team is out there giving it their all. They're just trying to see how the new guys mesh with the old ones. We're supposed to hate the Hawks, that's expected, but when you break down a preseason game like this it gets a little embarrassing. Save it for the regular season.

smith looked awful again, ericsson was better but still pretty bad, owens and tatar agian looked good, although tatar did get nailed, kindl looked pretty good to me, definitely miles ahead of smith or ericsson.

Can we just send Ericsson down and keep Smith for the regular season? He looks plenty ready to be in the NHL to me, at least when you compare him to Ericsson. Besides, he needs to learn all he can from Lids before he retires.

at least ericsson can skate, smith wiped out like 5 times tonight

Guest Heaten

I'm sure they're about as happy with their win as we were the other night when we dressed our stars and only came ahead by one.

Like everyone said before, it's the preseason, no team is out there giving it their all. They're just trying to see how the new guys mesh with the old ones. We're supposed to hate the Hawks, that's expected, but when you break down a preseason game like this it gets a little embarrassing. Save it for the regular season.

Part of preseason is to scope out the young talent and, like I said in my earlier post, we have some kids that skated with a starting NHL line-up of the Hawks. What's not to like? You didn't enjoy watching the kids create chances and make players like Keith, Toews and Hossa (among other) work for the win? I remember one incident that Mursak hit Toews, took the puck to create a nice chance. Emmerton skated between two d-men on a short handed chance. They cycled in the offensive zone and turned Keith and other Hawks inside out and the Norris winner couldn't stop them... What's not to appreciate about that? To be honest, I was excited to watch this game to see how the kids do... I was expecting a complete blowout because they played their "core" and starting lineup. That wasn't the case, this game, in all honesty, could have gone either way. I think the call on Ericsson was weak, the no call on Kane running Osgood, not to mention Owens and Mursak hit the goal post a few times each. Oh, and Ozzy was solid as a rock. Ericsson with a few costly gaffs. Game could have easily went the other way...

Why are you embarrassed of how well the kids played under the circumstances? Because it's preseason, we shouldn't be excited to see the kids play well enough to give the Stanley Cup Championship team a run for their money? Seriously? Guess not everyone is excited about the Wings future as most of us on this board... /shrugs

Also want to mention how well Abdelkader and Miller were tonight. Abby looks stronger and Miller seems way more physical and determined to me. I always was a fan of Miller and hope Holland doesn't have to trade or waive him. They were solid as an ox together.

Stop being embarrassed, be proud that Wings have a bright future. Jebus, son. exclamation.gif

Edited by Heaten

Ozzie was really solid last night.

Filppula looks real good.

I liked Drew Miller's play a lot, if he keeps playing like this and Ritola doesn't get to go on the ice with that injury the decision of who to keep will be easy to make.

Smith looks good but gets crossed up to much on the backcheck...he fell over way too many times.

Stuart doesn't look comfortable on the left side at all, he made some un-brad like mistakes.

I was not very sold on Jakub Kindl.

Those were my observations from yesterday.

I was at the game Saturday night. I have to say, despite the score, our boys played well. I thought they moved the puck well and simply missed a few really good chances to net the puck. I was quite impressed with Kindl, Smith, Mursak, and Tartar. I’m looking forward to seeing more of these guys. Smith needs to add some weight, but he looked great as far as I’m concerned. Ozzie’s side-to-side wasn’t up to par and he gave up some really juicy rebounds. I really want to see him get his game back, I got a lotta love for the Oz.

I was impressed with the amount of Wings fans that were at the game and sporting the red and white. I just have to add that Blackhawk fans are REAL assholes. Drunken dumbasses trying to start s*** with me while I was there with my wife, son and nephew. Real classy. When the Hawks fans would start their “Detroit sucks” chant we would return the chant with “ELE-VEN CUPS!”

I can't wait to see our starting line up destroy these guys on Oct 9th durring their banner party.

Guest Heaten

I was at the game Saturday night. I have to say, despite the score, our boys played well. I thought they moved the puck well and simply missed a few really good chances to net the puck. I was quite impressed with Kindl, Smith, Mursak, and Tartar. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these guys. Smith needs to add some weight, but he looked great as far as I'm concerned. Ozzie's side-to-side wasn't up to par and he gave up some really juicy rebounds. I really want to see him get his game back, I got a lotta love for the Oz.

I was impressed with the amount of Wings fans that were at the game and sporting the red and white. I just have to add that Blackhawk fans are REAL assholes. Drunken dumbasses trying to start s*** with me while I was there with my wife, son and nephew. Real classy. When the Hawks fans would start their "Detroit sucks" chant we would return the chant with "ELE-VEN CUPS!"

I can't wait to see our starting line up destroy these guys on Oct 9th durring their banner party.

"Detroit sucks" chant we would return the chant with "ELE-VEN CUPS!" :thumbup:

Miller and Abby looked like madmen out there. They out matched Towes, Keith and Seabrook for extended periods of times. I agree our kids could have just as easily walked away with the 'W'. I don't think Hawks are going to much of a factor this year.