• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

Helm's speed

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

What players in the NHL are as fast or faster than Helm?

Q #2

What prospects do the Wings have that will rival Helm's speed?

I gotta say, Helm's speed is so f#cking amazing.

Guest Heaten

Owens did look pretty fast last night. I heard Ferraro is fast also. Looks like Red Wings will be a very fast team in the future...

Mursak is very close to having the same wheels as helm

Agreed, Mursak is hyped as being "Helm with hands", and rightfully so. I remember one shift during the Red & White game where Mursak was skating stride for stride with Helm on the backcheck, I don't think I've seen anyone keep up with Helm like that.

I wonder if tey do any kind of skills competition during training camp like others do, it would be interesting to see who is really the fastest player on the team once and for all.

Agreed, Mursak is hyped as being "Helm with hands", and rightfully so. I remember one shift during the Red & White game where Mursak was skating stride for stride with Helm on the backcheck, I don't think I've seen anyone keep up with Helm like that.

I wonder if tey do any kind of skills competition during training camp like others do, it would be interesting to see who is really the fastest player on the team once and for all.

I just remember when I first took notice of Helm during the 08 playoffs, he was just so much faster than anyone else on the ice, even Draper back when he was in much better form.

I would love to see one of those skills competitions amongst Wings players and prospects!

Guest Crymson

I don't think anyone on the team is quite as fast as Helm. This is not something to be ashamed of, as he's unbelievably quick on the skates.

Were they both on the backcheck? Or did one have the puck? If so they would have to be the faster in my opinion. Just the one thing that sprung to mind when I saw that.

Guest Scrosby87

No doubt Helm is fast --- (too bad he doesn't have the skill to go with it!)

Anyway --- There are faster players.

Andrew Cogliano

Marian Gaborik

Patrick Kane

Mason Raymond (Questionable--- Maybe EQUAL to Helm)

Maxim Afinogenov

Matt Lombardi has some wheels. Duchene from what little I've seen could be up there. Lebda was fast, maybe just a step behind.

A lot of guys could probably match the top speed, but not the acceleration. Flip can fly, just takes him a few steps to get up there.

i dont think anyone on the team rivals helms speed, just my opinion though. do you guys think they will have the skating comp at the allstar weekend this year, and would helm be invited to participate?

Kane is quick but really not as fast as helm. He's too short to get a long enough stride to be as quick as some of those other guys.

I think Kane looks faster than he is. He just has to move his legs more often to cover the same distance as an average man.

He's just an illusion.

Guest Crymson

Very, very few skaters are faster than Helm, and those who are faster don't beat him out by much at all.

He seems even faster now than he was last season.

Guest Heaten

Datsyuk, with a gust of wind behind him.

Dats, though has quick acceleration, doesn't need speed. He'll just dangle through 5 guys and undresses the goalie for his goals.