• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

Helm's speed

Rate this topic

No doubt Helm is fast --- (too bad he doesn't have the skill to go with it!)

Anyway --- There are faster players.

Andrew Cogliano

Marian Gaborik

Patrick Kane

Mason Raymond (Questionable--- Maybe EQUAL to Helm)

Maxim Afinogenov

I have not seen Gaborik play this season but I wonder if his injuries slowed him down a little. I'm sure Helm could go around the rink in the 13 second range, which is top league speedster times.

I have not seen Gaborik play this season but I wonder if his injuries slowed him down a little. I'm sure Helm could go around the rink in the 13 second range, which is top league speedster times.

I remember back in the early 90s, watching Fedorov post times in the low 13s. My favorite was the 94 skills competition, Fedorov vs Coffey when Fedorov broke the existing record by about two tenths of a second.

Guest Crymson

With Wellwood and Tkachuk right behind him.

A friend of mine knows somebody who regularly caddies for Tkachuk. He says ol' chunker has gained 15 pounds since the end of last season.

Franzen said last year that Helm was the fastest skater he'd ever seen.

Someone mentioned Fipulla, Babcock has said in the past he is the best skater on the team (NB "best", not "fastest").

Someone mentioned Fipulla, Babcock has said in the past he is the best skater on the team (NB "best", not "fastest").

I remember that quote. I wonder how he defines best skater. He obviously doesn't count those relatively stationary moments where Fil seems to lose his balance a lot.

But I'm not sure Helm is clearly faster than Fil. Because Helm gets to play less minutes he can afford to go full blast when he's out there. At least, moreso than Filppula. Babs should make those two play a "suicide" contest or something.

I remember back in the early 90s, watching Fedorov post times in the low 13s. My favorite was the 94 skills competition, Fedorov vs Coffey when Fedorov broke the existing record by about two tenths of a second.

Fedorov didn't break a record in 94 as Gartner had a time that was better then Fedorov by .015 of a second in 93. If 92 was the first time ever (I cant find times before 92) that the fastest skater was done then Fedorov had the first record as he won that year.

Pretty nuts that a 36 year old could hang with the young people.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Helm is definitely the fastest on the team and the only prospects that are close are Mursak, Owens and Ferraro. Ferraro won the top prospects game fastest skater competition in his draft year and his game is completely built around speed. Thats why the knee injuriy hurt his production so much last season.