• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/26 Pre-season GDT: New York Rangers at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Until Kindl is given significant time during the regular season, it's a no comparison. But seriously, don't let me stop you from comparing apples to oranges.

If you don't have the hockey knowledge to scout players based on what we have watch thus far, then I don't know what to say to you. Don't give up on Ericsson just yet, and don't hang all your hopes on Kindl his rookie year. One thing I can guarantee you is that both players will be whipping boys this year, just as Jiri Fischer was a notable whipping boy on LGW his first two seasons as well. I expect Ericsson and Kindl to be no different.

And if you live out of network and are not able to watch the games on television, then I'm sorry if I come off harsh. But apparently you either have not watched them play, or just don't understand hockey. Both have made bonehead plays so far this preseason, both give up 2 on 1, 3 on 1 break aways, both are making rookie mistakes.

Watch a game, two or three before you argue something you clearly have no knowledge of...

Edited by Heaten

If you don't have the hockey knowledge to scout players based on what we have watch thus far, then I don't know what to say to you. Don't give up on Ericsson just yet, and don't hang all your hopes on Kindl his rookie year. One thing I can guarantee you is that both players will be whipping boys this year, just as Jiri Fischer was a notable whipping boy on LGW his first two seasons as well. I expect Ericsson and Kindl to be no different.

And if you live out of network and are not able to watch the games on television, then I'm sorry if I come off harsh. But apparently you either have not watched them play, or just don't understand hockey. Both have made bonehead plays so far this preseason, both give up 2 on 1, 3 on 1 break aways, both are making rookie mistakes.

Watch a game, two or three before you argue something you clearly have no knowledge of...

I never said anything about giving up on Ericsson. Let's not start inserting words into mouth. All I'm saying is that you can't make an accurate assessment of Kindl until you've seen him play with the big club in a regular rotation. Right now, Kindl is a pure prospect. Ericsson is far from it. I'm shocked that I have to point out this distinction to you. Just because you can somehow magically divine knowledge of how Kindl will perform in a regular rotation on the Wings doesn't mean any of us little people can.

Kindl has had basically zero chance to learn tendencies and develop chemistry with the regulars, unlike Ericsson, yet you have no problem saying they are basically the same player. This makes you look dumb. (note: this is an opinion and therefore not debatable)

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Heaten

I never said anything about giving up on Ericsson. Let's not start inserting words into mouth. All I'm saying is that you can't make an accurate assessment of Kindl until you've seen him play with the big club in a regular rotation. Right now, Kindl is a pure prospect. Ericsson is far from it. I'm shocked that I have to point out this distinction to you. Just because you can somehow magically divine knowledge of how Kindl will perform in a regular rotation on the Wings doesn't mean any of us little people can.

Kindl has had basically zero chance to learn tendencies and develop chemistry with the regulars, unlike Ericsson, yet you have no problem saying they are basically the same player. This makes you look dumb. (note: this is an opinion and therefore not debatable)

In what post did I say Kindl was an experienced NHL veteran? So in your logic nobody can observe a players performance based on the games they played so far in the preseason because they don't have 1+ years under their belt? Lastly, what post did I say Ericsson and Kindl will develop into the same player? And you want to talk about inserting words into mouths and looking dumb? Lol.

Pot meet kettle.

In what post did I say Kindl was an experienced NHL veteran? So in your logic nobody can observe a players performance based on the games they played so far in the preseason because they don't have 1+ years under their belt? Lastly, what post did I say Ericsson and Kindl will develop into the same player? And you want to talk about inserting words into mouths and looking dumb? Lol.

Pot meet kettle.

Nice backstroke...

The point is, if Kindl and Ericsson look identical to you (a point I happen to disagree with, beyond a couple plays that any player could make at any given time), that's not a shining endorsement on Ericsson. He should be leaps and bounds ahead of Kindl in his development.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Heaten

Nice backstroke...

The point is, if Kindl and Ericsson look identical to you (a point I happen to disagree with, beyond a couple plays that any player could make at any given time), that's not a shining endorsement on Ericsson. He should be leaps and bounds ahead of Kindl in his development.

Yes, a 291st overall pick who didn't start playing as defenseman until the age of 21 should ALWAYS be "leaps and bounds ahead" of a 19th overall pick who's position was always a defensemen. /facepalm

Got logic? :huh:

Edited by Heaten

Yes, a 291st overall pick who didn't start playing as defenseman until the age of 21 should ALWAYS be "leaps and bounds ahead" of a 19th overall pick who's position was always a defensemen. /facepalm

Got logic? :huh:

Not necessarily ALWAYS (again with the words in mouth)... but after 2 playoff runs and an entire regular season? Definitely. Ericsson's past is immaterial. He's expected to play defense at an NHL level. If your scientific analysis of Kindl and Ericsson reveals that they are both playing exactly the same type of game and that you could "switch jerseys" and nobody would tell the difference, then Ericsson is already behind Kindl.