• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nate94gt

Do the wings have new jerseys this season?

Rate this topic

Not sure if its just because its preseason or what, but the names on the backs of the jerseys (or sweaters if you will) are straight across and are more of a blocky type of font. They are usual more of a rounded type of font and are not straight on the back, but rather curved a bit....

I think it has something to do with the fact that it's easier to produce the jerseys if they do the font that way, seeing as how you have not only the regular team members but also prospects and FA tryouts and so forth.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it's easier to produce the jerseys if they do the font that way, seeing as how you have not only the regular team members but also prospects and FA tryouts and so forth.

Basically.

The font used in the normals are curved to where each name has their own unique letters, so it is pretty expensive to get all of those in to patch on the jerseys.

This is cheap and gets the job done.

So here's what I don't understand. Someone that comes onto a Red Wings message board, notices the difference in font on the jersey, etc. Surely, such a person must be more than just a casual Wings fan. So, if such a person is not simply a casual Wings fan, how is it possible that this person does not know that they wear different jerseys every pre-season?

What's more crazy is that the same question gets asked every year without fail.

So here's what I don't understand. Someone that comes onto a Red Wings message board, notices the difference in font on the jersey, etc. Surely, such a person must be more than just a casual Wings fan. So, if such a person is not simply a casual Wings fan, how is it possible that this person does not know that they wear different jerseys every pre-season?

/thread

here's how. i just started watching hockey during the 08-09 playoffs. since then, i'd say i've become more than just the "casual wings fan". i had no idea they had different fonts between the pre-season/reg season jerseys until i watched the game against chicago two nights ago. when i saw the different font, i didn't know there was a "pre-season font".

Cannot understand why some veteran posters here are quick to jump on new posters/new fans for what appears to be a legit question.

IMHO it's not the best way to make a new impression, nor is it a very welcoming gesture...Glad to see new posters here, and new fans from around the country :thumbup:

people like to rip you down on this site...especially if your new or if you talk s*** about maltby

Ahhh that makes sense. I've always wondered why they went with different lettering in the preseason.