• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

9/29 Pre-season GDT: Red Wings at New York Rangers

Rate this topic

I agree with the poster above who said that if Ozzy was in net everyone would be all over him. It's true too because I was reading the boards (like I often do during intermissions of games) and during that Pens game all I read was Ozzy bashing despite the fact that there was 20 shots against him in period 1. I know everyone loves Howard from last year, but to be honest there has not been one game so far that Howard has impressed me this pre season and he has been playing in the games with Nick, Pavs and Hank. IMO Howard has looked shakey, giving off really bad rebounds, and out of position a lot. Ozzy has looked very good this pre- season idc what anyone says he faced tons of hard shots against the Hawks and looked really good... but I guess we will see how it pans out, but at this rate Ozzy will be re- taking the number 1 job soon.

I know its only pre- season but Howard should look a bit better than he does tonight... the first 2 shots he should have had I don't care if it was Gaborick or not there was no screen and the 2nd goal to me looked like it did not even deflect... but the 3rd goal was not his fault at all. Essentially, if I am Babs I would just rotate them like he is right now and play whoever looks better more, and at this rate Ozzy is the one who I think will be getting more games, pre- season or not.

It's preseason. In the regular season, the entire defense will be playing and Ericsson will not be facing off against the opposition's top players.

He is making bad decisions with the puck and not keeping things simple. Regardless if its the top line or bottom line NHL players will take advantage of his mistakes one way or another.

I know everyone loves Howard from last year, but to be honest there has not been one game so far that Howard has impressed me this pre season and he has been playing in the games with Nick, Pavs and Hank. IMO Howard has looked shakey, giving off really bad rebounds, and out of position a lot.

That was one of his major issues last season as well, often kicking out rebounds right into the slot to an opposition player for an easy goal against. That said, I thought he improved greatly on that part of his game toward the end of the regular season, still giving up a lot of rebounds, but knocking them into the corner instead of into the slot. I'm crossing my fingers that it's just preseason rust on Jimmy's part, but seeing how well Ozzie's been playing in comparison, it makes me worry just a tad.

Guest Crymson

Jimmy stopped and redirected a puck out of harms way. Baby steps...

I've got some good cheese that would go very well with what you're doing right now.

Anyone else just see Franzen go off slowly? He made an open ice hit and it looked like he twisted his knee and went off slowly. Hopefully he was just tired.

Edit: He's back out there and we score. Thank god

Edited by hockey23

Guest Heaten

Filppula is looking good. Mursak with a good PK

Bertuzzi could have creamed a Ranger who had is head down, but backed off from the hit. Classy play.