Howard can't stop a puck tonight.

#62 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

Senseless whining. Let's go over the goals.

1) Gaborik, one of the best goal-scorers in the league, rips a laser shot through a screen on the power play.
2) A Wings defenseman redirects the puck past Howard.
3) Sauer is left wide-open in the slot and rips a great shot through a screen.

Give me a break.

#63 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

I feel bad for Howard tonight. People are going to see his save percentage and think he is playing like garbage, those people are idiots.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#64 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

That's about as ugly a period as you'll get. Can't complain too much though, it's A-team vs B-team. I hope Flip's line is at least able to get on the board in this one though; Franzen's absence has delayed what will hopefully be a beautiful friendship.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#65 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

groin

damn icic hopefully just one of those pre season groin injuries hopefully not serious

#66 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

How many times am I going to have to hear "Ericsson's shot is blocked!"??? It was like that all last year too! Is he intentionally shooting the puck at defenders? Would it be too much to ask to take a peak at whats in front of you before you shoot?

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#67 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

That last one was iffy I'd admit. Someone was right in front of Howard that goal trying to play goalie, kneeling down and waiving their stick all around. I'm not sure who it was.

#68 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

It's preseason and people are crying already?
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#69 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hate to say this, but if it were Ozzie in the net this thread would be singing a diffrent tune (remember the pens game? 3 goals in 20 shots...in the first period alone. no love from this site).

Anyway, hopfully Howie can get bounce back. Regardless if they were screens defelctions or not, a save would be nice (just keeping the same expecations that are expected for Ozzie).

Now that-that's out of my system. I think this game is a wash...We are running 1/4 of an NHL line up with no star players, Just work on staying healthy.

Edited by Dynheart, 29 September 2010 - 06:50 PM.

#70 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

Trade Howard Posted Image
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#71 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

helm line looks the best so far

#72 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

It's preseason and people are crying already?

I would not be "crying" if it was our GR people making all the mistakes. But its some of our regulars *cough* Ericsson *cough* that are doing questionable things at best.

#73 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

in that case trade them all!
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#74 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

I would not be "crying" if it was our GR people making all the mistakes. But its some of our regulars *cough* Ericsson *cough* that are doing questionable things at best.

It's preseason. In the regular season, the entire defense will be playing and Ericsson will not be facing off against the opposition's top players.

#75 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hate to say this, but if it were Ozzie in the net this thread would be singing a diffrent tune (remember the pens game? 3 goals in 20 shots...in the first period alone. no love from this site).

QFT.

Ozzie with 3 goals on 20 shots = OMG HE SUCKS GET RID OF HIM!!!111

Howard with 3 goals on 8 shots = But you see, no goalie could have stopped those...

I know it'll never end, but it's stillf****** annoying.

The fact of the matter is that the defense is sucking (thanks again, McCrummy!) and Jimmy's not on his game tonight.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#76 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

I agree with the poster above who said that if Ozzy was in net everyone would be all over him. It's true too because I was reading the boards (like I often do during intermissions of games) and during that Pens game all I read was Ozzy bashing despite the fact that there was 20 shots against him in period 1. I know everyone loves Howard from last year, but to be honest there has not been one game so far that Howard has impressed me this pre season and he has been playing in the games with Nick, Pavs and Hank. IMO Howard has looked shakey, giving off really bad rebounds, and out of position a lot. Ozzy has looked very good this pre- season idc what anyone says he faced tons of hard shots against the Hawks and looked really good... but I guess we will see how it pans out, but at this rate Ozzy will be re- taking the number 1 job soon.

I know its only pre- season but Howard should look a bit better than he does tonight... the first 2 shots he should have had I don't care if it was Gaborick or not there was no screen and the 2nd goal to me looked like it did not even deflect... but the 3rd goal was not his fault at all. Essentially, if I am Babs I would just rotate them like he is right now and play whoever looks better more, and at this rate Ozzy is the one who I think will be getting more games, pre- season or not.

#77 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

It's preseason. In the regular season, the entire defense will be playing and Ericsson will not be facing off against the opposition's top players.

He is making bad decisions with the puck and not keeping things simple. Regardless if its the top line or bottom line NHL players will take advantage of his mistakes one way or another.

#78 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

I know everyone loves Howard from last year, but to be honest there has not been one game so far that Howard has impressed me this pre season and he has been playing in the games with Nick, Pavs and Hank. IMO Howard has looked shakey, giving off really bad rebounds, and out of position a lot.

That was one of his major issues last season as well, often kicking out rebounds right into the slot to an opposition player for an easy goal against. That said, I thought he improved greatly on that part of his game toward the end of the regular season, still giving up a lot of rebounds, but knocking them into the corner instead of into the slot. I'm crossing my fingers that it's just preseason rust on Jimmy's part, but seeing how well Ozzie's been playing in comparison, it makes me worry just a tad.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#79 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

wow lundquist is good
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#80 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

good start to the second thus far ..nice play from franzen to bert n what a save by lundqvuist