• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Casey

Ericsson on notice?

Rate this topic

Ok seriously...He was BRUTAL tonight...and I think this is the 1st "hate post" I have done about Big E but &^$@^, he is going to loose his spot if this keeps up. He has to stop thinking he is Lidstrom out there, using his stick to try and poke the puck away and ******* crush someone with his big body. Twice tonight I saw him BEHIND the NYR net.....

Step up or step out

Yes, with our luck based on a whopping two players. You do realize that there have been many others players who have gone on to do equally bad or even worse upon moving to other teams, right?

Yes, I realize that. I also don't actually think he'd win the Norris even if he did succeed. My sincerest apologies for a poor attempt at humor.

Ericsson looks plain lost out there. He's in the hotseat. No doubt about it. But guys..no need to worry..don't panic! We've got Janik! :thumbup: I'm thinking he's gonna get some games under his belt with the way Ericsson is playing.

Doubtful... you're more likely to see Janik in if Salei gets hurt and we have multiple injuries, if E doesn't earn/loses his spot as the 6th d-man, Kindl will take it and it hurts to say this (unapologetic Ericsson fan here) but Kindl has outplayed Ericsson thus far in the pre-season and probably already has earned the 6th spot, whether he is given it or not remains to be seen however...

did everyone forget about meech? that dude has ericsson spot if hes healthy sucksss

um... no.

100% wrong.

He was already waived and has concussion issues right now, he is destined for GR or another team, no ifs, ands, or buts about it...

If Ericsson does not earn that spot, it is Kindl's. period.

so if 20 games into the season Big E is a +5 and has 8pts or more do we all start retracking here or what?

heres what we should do, we have some good prospects coming thru on the D who have some size. How about we convert

Ericsson back to a forward and have Hommer teach him that front net pest job #96 does so well. Just think, Thomas

has maybe just this year left, what better way to use E's size for when Hommer hangs them up. Just a thought guys.

As much as i like Ericsson, I think he may need a confidence boost from playing in gr for a while. Re-find his game.

What if he moved back to forward? His time on d will have made him a better defensive forward and he could fix the tough guy problem. I would bet he would be all for crushing d men on the forecheck.

Guest Heaten

I'm not giving up Ericsson, and he won't be my "whipping boy" if he isn't the result to the negative play. In last night's game, people were blaming Ericsson on plays when he wasn't even on the ice. That's how much people unjustly hate the guy... and it's pretty sad, really.

um... no.

100% wrong.

He was already waived and has concussion issues right now, he is destined for GR or another team, no ifs, ands, or buts about it...

I agree- Meech is a utility guy..He cleared waivers- Kindl wouldn't. Kindl is a better D man and althoght Meech is useful because you can slot him in anywhere, Kindl is better on the blueline

The upside of all this is that there is an argument about the #6 defenseman. Most teams would love to have that as their only problem. I am not worried, let Chelios coach him up. If he fails we plug in Kindl, see what he can do, if he fails, we plug in Janik. If those two fail we trade Ericcson to Toronto and get Lebda back. (j/k on the Lebda part)

Guest Heaten

um... no.

100% wrong.

I disagree with the bolded. I'd bet the house that Ericsson and Kindl get rotated throughout the season. The opener may start with Kindl, but Babcock will rotate them throughout the season unless one of them unpredictably becomes absolutely amazing, which I 100% doubt.

so if 20 games into the season Big E is a +5 and has 8pts or more do we all start retracking here or what?

heres what we should do, we have some good prospects coming thru on the D who have some size. How about we convert

Ericsson back to a forward and have Hommer teach him that front net pest job #96 does so well. Just think, Thomas

has maybe just this year left, what better way to use E's size for when Hommer hangs them up. Just a thought guys.

Lets hope this isn't true, as we signed him to a 2 year contract through the 2011-2012 season.

I disagree with the bolded. I'd bet the house that Ericsson and Kindl get rotated throughout the season. The opener may start with Kindl, but Babcock will rotate them throughout the season unless one of them unpredictably becomes absolutely amazing, which I 100% doubt.

and if they're rotated, it's because the other hasn't won the spot either... the point I was making, is it's one or the other night in and out. period.

The upside of all this is that there is an argument about the #6 defenseman. Most teams would love to have that as their only problem. I am not worried, let Chelios coach him up. If he fails we plug in Kindl, see what he can do, if he fails, we plug in Janik. If those two fail we trade Ericcson to Toronto and get Lebda back. (j/k on the Lebda part)

:thumbup:

minus the Lebda part... some things shouldn't even be joked about!

So I'm guessing Ericsson will play in the next Toronto game? Right?

I feel like we should establish some fair expectations now. We've seen Kindl play and we're antsy to say "Kindl should have Ericsson's spot."

What can we expect from Jonny that's fair?

Guest Heaten

So I'm guessing Ericsson will play in the next Toronto game? Right?

I feel like we should establish some fair expectations now. We've seen Kindl play and we're antsy to say "Kindl should have Ericsson's spot."

What can we expect from Jonny that's fair?

Ericsson will play with the Griffins against (probably) Toronto's top players and goaltending. Wouldn't be fair to expect Ericsson to have as good of a game as Kindl did yesterday.