• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ram

NHL Gamecenter

Rate this topic

wow, heaten dropping some real talk in this thread. nice work.

dobbles OWNED like a slave.

what are you talking about? heaten has already shown he gets his information from a 10 year old website. i think its quite obvious he is not qualified.

here is a real simple way to show how his thought process is flawed. in his post where he bases his calculations off of totally flawed information, he comes up with 60 dollars a day for hockey streams bandwidth costs. yet, in order to serve up video to that many people, the site would need multiple t1 lines or several t3 lines. there is no way that sort of bandwidth can be had for 60 bucks a day. even on his outdated link, it lists 800 a month for a t1 line. i wouldn't be surprised if their bandwidth costs is in the 5 figures a month.

Guest Heaten

whelp, it's been fun and I said my peace. It's time for me to gracefully bow out of this thread since the mudd slinging is going full force while people fail to back up anything they claim.

Support internet piracy, order Hockeystreams.com NOW! So NHL ticket prices, NHL Center Ice, and Game Center prices will eventually increase for legit paying customers :thumbup:

Good day ;)

its about time. maybe be a little more informed next time you open your mouth.

but go ahead and keep harping on the piracy angle. because there are so many people in here defending that part of the equation!

I've got a question; how is the picture quality of Center Ice games through Comcast on an HDTV? I've read somewhere its atrocious, is it really that bad? What is better picture quality, Gamecenter Live or Comcast Center Ice on HDTV?

As far as Gamecenter is concerned, can you start at the beginning of an in progress game? The one thing I liked about Center Ice was I could DVR all the games and skip the commercials. I usually didn't have time to start the game until about 9, so I'd play my recording from the beginning and usually be about caught up by the end.

Is Hockey Streams illegal? Because if it is, why are we even talking about it?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Thanks for all the info McAwesome. I'm really excited to learn of this PS3 app, although a little disappointed to hear that it will cost $10.

Guest Shoreline

Because it's debatable whether or not the site is illegal. Only thing for sure is if it got shut down, it would obviously have been illegal. Voila. Moving on..

Hockeystreams does seem like one of the best if not the best option, particularly with those who don't have low monthly bandwidth caps, or maybe no or limited cable/satellite options.

Has anyone with an iPhone tried hockeystreams?

Edited by Shoreline

As far as Gamecenter is concerned, can you start at the beginning of an in progress game? The one thing I liked about Center Ice was I could DVR all the games and skip the commercials. I usually didn't have time to start the game until about 9, so I'd play my recording from the beginning and usually be about caught up by the end.

Yes you can but it's a bit tricky. When you select the game it goes directly to the live feed. I would turn the volume down and cover the top of the screen so I couldn't see the score, then move the little progress bar back to the beginning. You can then skip commercials. Theres a little skip 1 minute ahead button too.

So I have decided that I am going to go to Game Center Live thanks to this thread. However, money is a little tight at the moment since I am a broke-college-student. Does anyone know of any promo codes that I may be able to use? I'm sure it's the same for many of you these days, but every dollar counts.

GameCenter has DVR-like controls, you can start the game over anytime after it starts for up to 24 hours, so using your example if you could not start watching the game until 9, you could start the game over from the beginning and skip the coomercials.

As for hockeystreams, the odds of it being legal are pretty slim, and the fact that the people from the NHL digital media department that we meet with every few months have said they are investigating the site leads me to believe that it is not legal. I think they said there are some jurisdiction issues involved, but that they have shut down most of the illegal sites selling pirated feeds of NHL games.

So I have decided that I am going to go to Game Center Live thanks to this thread. However, money is a little tight at the moment since I am a broke-college-student. Does anyone know of any promo codes that I may be able to use? I'm sure it's the same for many of you these days, but every dollar counts.

The only promotion available is for Center Ice subscribers through Rogers, Shaw, and Bell in Canada, they get a free GameCenter subscription with their paid Center Ice subscription. If money is tight you can pay in installments instead of all at once, 8 payments of $19.95 is a lot easier to handle than one lump sum of $159

So I purchased it finally! I'm excited to watch all games. However, is there any new info on the PS3 app for it yet?

No new info, still scheduled to be released in the PSN store on October 7th.

Also, when do the auto-renew charges go through?

Check your notification email, the billing will take place in 3 batches, on the 4th, 5th, or 6th, the date and amount of your billing will be in the email you received last week.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If you turned off auto-renew, when does your account go dormant?

Hmm. I never received an email. How can I check if I'm on auto renew? There isn't much under "my account".

PM me your GCL username and I will check, but the renewals finished last night at midnight so if you haven't been charged yet then chances are you weren't set up for renewal.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If you opted out of auto-renew, then your account will be deactivated at 11:59pm ET on October 6th

Thanks. I had to start a new account because I wanted to switch to the monthly installments and was just curious as to when the old account would close up.

Can't wait to hear about the GameCenter app for PS3.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Anyone having trouble with the new gamecenter using firefox? The vault works fine but live games won't play. Works perfect in IE. Loving the higher bitrates. Looks awesome.

I'm having the same problem. It is working on IE, but the game is blacked out. I hope this gets fixed today.

Edit: Try signing on from here on firefox. Worked for me. http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm?id=2010020003&navid=sb:watchnow

Edited by Howard He Do It?!