• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IILeiBlazeII

Babs gives Miller a vote of confidence

Rate this topic

its miller time baby!

im not really sure why everyone is so excited with ritola, ive seen him play in a few games and hes never done anything to stand out.

let the bashing on me begin.

its miller time baby!

im not really sure why everyone is so excited with ritola, ive seen him play in a few games and hes never done anything to stand out.

let the bashing on me begin.

he hits more than miller, that is about it

Eh, I can't say I like it.

Miller is as good as he will ever be, which, really isn't THAT good. We already have a ton of players who do exactly what he deos; Eaves, Helm, Abby, Draper.

I'll be honest, I have never seen much of Ritola, but my understanding is that his upside and potential is way higher than Miller's ever will be.

I also thought that he was have a strong, hard working preseason. Oh well.

Guest Heaten

Ritola is one of those players that will come back and bite Holland in the ass (see Quincey and Leino). Ritola will be a 3rd line center capable of improving to a 2nd liner one day.

I really like Miller, but he's not the asset in this case. It's time like these that our "loyalty" bites the team in the ass. Maltby and Draper shouldn't even be here anymore.

Ritola is one of those players that will come back and bite Holland in the ass (see Quincey and Leino). Ritola will be a 3rd line center capable of improving to a 2nd liner one day.

I really like Miller, but he's not the asset in this case. It's time like these that our "loyalty" bites the team in the ass. Maltby and Draper shouldn't even be here anymore.

I cannot agree with you more here. But we all know how the Wings roll with their vets. :thumbup:

esteef

Edited by esteef

I meant the keeping of Draper and Maltby.

esteef

I know, and I think we're on the same page here, but in this case its Miller vs. Ritola.

I could be wrong on this, but Draper was signed to a 3 year contract right after the 08 cup run, which was a very strong season for him, where he led the league in faceoffs, had scored about 30 points or so the season before, and was considered one of the best 3rd liners in the league. So I can definitely understand the thought behind signing him at the time, it was only the next two years that his skill and contribution dropped considerably.

Maltby, he'll be in GR anyways, so he doesn't really factor in as to weather or not we keep Ritola ( I don't think).

I agree with whoever says this could come back to bite us. At least Leino had a chance to prove himself in the lineup, Ritola doesn't even get that luxury.

I know, and I think we're on the same page here, but in this case its Miller vs. Ritola.

I could be wrong on this, but Draper was signed to a 3 year contract right after the 08 cup run, which was a very strong season for him, where he led the league in faceoffs, had scored about 30 points or so the season before, and was considered one of the best 3rd liners in the league. So I can definitely understand the thought behind signing him at the time, it was only the next two years that his skill and contribution dropped considerably.

Maltby, he'll be in GR anyways, so he doesn't really factor in as to weather or not we keep Ritola ( I don't think).

I agree with whoever says this could come back to bite us. At least Leino had a chance to prove himself in the lineup, Ritola doesn't even get that luxury.

Yep, I take Miller over Ritola as well, but I'd also take Miller over Draper at this point. Oh well.

esteef

Yep, I take Miller over Ritola as well, but I'd also take Miller over Draper at this point. Oh well.

esteef

What should be happening is Miller taking over for Draper, and Ritola getting a REAl chance to play. Draper has been great, but his "intangibles" on this team no longer exist. He just skates circles out there.

What should be happening is Miller taking over for Draper, and Ritola getting a REAl chance to play. Draper has been great, but his "intangibles" on this team no longer exist. He just skates circles out there.

He has a pretty mean slap shot. Just ask the glass.

Guest Heaten

I remember some really strong plays from Ritola last year when he was called up. He only played like 7 minutes, but he worked his ass off and made stuff happen by himself. Wish I could have added the stuff on youtube, because to the normal eye, it might have been overlooked, but it was pure brilliance. I remember Babcock patting him on the back when his shift was over.

The guy is extremely strong on the puck, can dangle with the best of them, can do take-aways that would make Datsyuk blush, hits, and is extremely slippery out there. His work ethics is as strong as I've ever seen. The only think he didn't do was score goals. But do you really expect him to put up lots of points playing on the 4th line in only a couple of games and getting 7 minutes of ice time?

That said, Miller has had a very strong exhibition thus far. In the long run and the future of the Red Wings, Ritola is the logical choice. For the start of the season, Miller is the logical choice.

And whoever said Ritola will clear waivers is on crack. No way in hell he clears waivers.

Edited by Heaten

Guest Heaten

I hope Ritola clears waivers so that the Wings can keep him.

He won't. In a couple of months you will be adding him in your avatar.

Guest Heaten

I don't wish long term injuries on anyone, but this year I kinda hope Draper has sore balls for awhile.

Sorry Draper :ph34r:

I don't wish long term injuries on anyone, but this year I kinda hope Draper has sore balls for awhile.

Sorry Draper :ph34r:

If it meant keeping Ritola, then yeah. Just gets me that we would give up a guy that we have had in the system for so long, without even giving him a chance to play.

Leino was an unfortunate lost, but he got his chance in the Wings lineup, was terrible, and so we made the only sensible decision at the time (also forced by cap concerns) and let him go. Sure I wish we could have gotten more for him, but there you have it.

At least give Ritola a real chance. There is no way he clears waivers.