• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings release Aaron Downey

Rate this topic

Was hoping he could have improved his game a bit and came back a bit better then last time but it didn't work out, this position needs to addressed through the draft I'm starting to think, not a guy who is past his prime that no one else wants.

Was hoping he could have improved his game a bit and came back a bit better then last time but it didn't work out, this position needs to addressed through the draft I'm starting to think, not a guy who is past his prime that no one else wants.

I agree. However, it seems that most enforcers don't break into the NHL until they are a bit older. I believe that Brian McGrattan is still unsigned (but on a tryout?) if the Wings are set on an enforcer this year. Hopefully they at least pick up someone willing to play in the AHL that can be called up. Is there a reason Downey wasn't signed to play in GR?

I agree. However, it seems that most enforcers don't break into the NHL until they are a bit older. I believe that Brian McGrattan is still unsigned (but on a tryout?) if the Wings are set on an enforcer this year. Hopefully they at least pick up someone willing to play in the AHL that can be called up. Is there a reason Downey wasn't signed to play in GR?

Probably a front office job is in the works.. lulz

I think the wings should take a risk in the 3rd round or so on an enforcer type, someone who could potentially become a macarty. Instead of the small high risk Euro or the potential thrid line center, take a risk oin a Lucic or Macarty type

I think the wings should take a risk in the 3rd round or so on an enforcer type, someone who could potentially become a macarty. Instead of the small high risk Euro or the potential thrid line center, take a risk oin a Lucic or Macarty type

Oh come on man... For an enforcer groupie such as you this misspelling is a travesty.

You mean Mitch Callahan?

McGrattan is on a tryout with Bruins (which already have Thornton, McQuid, Boychuk, Lucic, Campbell, Stuart, Reich...) He was really solid against Habs last week. McGrattan CAN skate, fight, hit... So yes, if Holland is looking for enforcer (at least is what he's saying every summer that Detroit needs to get tougher) I just don't see why he don't go after McGrattan.

Candidates still available to fill the spot:

Brian McGrattan (on a try-out with Boston)

Nick Tarnasky

Steve Begin

Begin is great hitter and that's it... don't expect him to fight.

Good we don't need a useless plug on the 4th line.

There is no room for a one dimensional enforcer in today's game, especially on the Red Wings.

Our powerplay is our enforcer.

What a poor comment - is that Schneider who's speaking?!

Guest mindfly

Good we don't need a useless plug on the 4th line.

There is no room for a one dimensional enforcer in today's game, especially on the Red Wings.

Our powerplay is our enforcer.

I sense some sarcasm here... :hehe:

I sense some sarcasm here... :hehe:

None what-so-ever.

I'm not saying fighting is useless, but I am saying a player that can only fight is useless.

I would of liked a Brandon Prust type player, but not a Aaron Downey type player.