• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

NHL Center Ice

Rate this topic

Right now pre-season games are on the NHL Network, and not on Center Ice.

This will be my 10 season of having Center Ice; dunno how any Red Wing fan outside of Michigan can live without it.

Most Wings games are in HD, and have Mickey, and Ken...Not sure how the computer feeds are (in terms of picture/sound quality, but for me it's a non-issue since I'll gladly pay extra in order to watch it on my big screen HDTVs.

same here. I've had it for the past 9-10 years minus the ones I was deployed. And like someone else said you can make 4 payments and you get the first two rounds of playoffs. Sometimes you'll even get the same game from both cities so you can pick the one without the homers. ;)

Plus with the DVR/Tevo?whatever it's called now you can record the game and still spend quality time with the family and watch the game later. Just have to avoid the media till you can watch it.

This is going to be a sticky point, and I'm not sure if anyone has the answer... I thought maybe Center Ice would be the solution to my problem with Dish Network's failure to negotiate terms with FOX. After some consideration, though, when they were fighting with Versus, the games on Center Ice (with Versus feed) were blacked out. So, here's my question. Does anyone know if the FSN feeds (all regional coverage) are going to be blacked out?

I don't really want to swtich to Direct TV, but can and will if necessary... some of the best TV right now is on FX....

Curious.

I have had the package thru Comcast (cable) here in Indiana for several years and I can tell you that 0% of the games are in HD. It is so frustrating to pay good money for the CI package and watch std def feeds that might as well be 'atrocious streams'. Thought about switching to DirectTv just to see CI games in HD, but hate the idea of a 2yr contract. I might be able to watch higher quality feeds thru hockeystreams or gamecenter. The only time I get to watch HD hockey is games on VS, NHLn, NBC or the Wings/Hawks games on Comcast Sports Chicago. Not sure what I am gonna do this year.

my only complaint is that they dont broadcast in HD otherwise its worth it. A lot of the time they have both home and away broadcast.

they do show the playoff games that are not on VS or NBC.

Maybe it is dependent upon provider but I'll bet 95% of games are in HD if you have Dish Network. Usually you get 4 options for each game, both team's local feeds in standard and HD. Occasionally, you only get one of the team's feeds in HD but usually both are available.

This is going to be a sticky point, and I'm not sure if anyone has the answer... I thought maybe Center Ice would be the solution to my problem with Dish Network's failure to negotiate terms with FOX. After some consideration, though, when they were fighting with Versus, the games on Center Ice (with Versus feed) were blacked out. So, here's my question. Does anyone know if the FSN feeds (all regional coverage) are going to be blacked out?

I don't really want to swtich to Direct TV, but can and will if necessary... some of the best TV right now is on FX....

Curious.

To the best of my knowledge games are blacked out if they are on Versus or if they are on your Regional Fox station but not for any of the other Fox networks. I get lots of the games that are on a Fox feed just not the ones in my local area.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Curious.

Versus is blacked out on Center Ice because it is a national game. I'd imagine that Dish Network is not allowed to show any of the regional Fox Sports stations, including through NHL Center Ice.

Guest Shoreline

Indeed Versus games tend not to be televised on the Center Ice channels because of being a national telecast, although I've seen a few exceptions, but rare. Was for the longest time the same way with OLN and ESPN (though not ABC because it was regional).

GameCenter, if that's what it's still called, was horrendous at blacking out way too many games, when I had it, though that did not include last season so I would defer to someone who actually had it last season. I will second the notion of those going to alternative sites mentioned within the first few replies. It seems, outside of the discussion of whether or not they're legal, they offer better service and less legal hoopla bulls*** about blacking out games.

Edited by Shoreline

wikipedia has a pretty decent explanation of the blackout rules:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nhl_center_ice#Blackout_restrictions

as mentioned, versus often has exclusive rights to the timeslots that they have games showing. nbc usually has the same exclusivity rights on the weekends. one thing the nhl does is not schedule competing games during those times so that there aren't games that get totally ignored. so often its not a problem.