• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ilmickeyli

Eklund predicts Central division rankings

Rate this topic

Wow. Just wow.

I just don't understand people. Injury's decimated our squad last year yet we got it together and made it to 5th seed.

A healthy roster this year and we squash these nay sayers once again.

I love how he refers to losing lebda as a bad thing... then turns around and says getting hud's 60 points back is only a bit of a help. Ummm yeah. Last time I checked lebda wasn't putting up the numbers Hudler can, or producing on the PP like Huds can.

A fat 12 year old could do a better defensive job then Lebda.

This article was full of fail.

I have to admit, I actually go to that idiot's site from time to time because it's flat out hilarious. Eklund has a secret mini hard on for the Leafs and ever since they signed Lebda he's been preaching about how it's going to turn out to be some sort of steal at $1.45M/yr for 2 years. I swear, this guy has written that over a dozen times over the course of the summer so there's no wondering why he'd now write that it's actually a bad thing the Wings let him walk.

The fact that anyone can see the Wings losing Lebda as a worse thing than losing Lilja blows my mind. Then on top of it Eklund, the ol' mighty hockey genius, doesnt mention the addition of Salei. The guy is a joke and when reading his stuff everyone should remember that.

Guest ChicagoMan

I dont understand the outrage to finishing behind Chicago or the idea that they won't be good. They lost role players which will be replaced by some great Talent coming up. Jeremy Morin looks to be an absolute stud, Skille can do just what Versteeg did, and Kyle Beach coming in soon.. and their Defense prospects are loaded for down the road.

I dont understand the outrage to finishing behind Chicago or the idea that they won't be good. They lost role players which will be replaced by some great Talent coming up. Jeremy Morin looks to be an absolute stud, Skille can do just what Versteeg did, and Kyle Beach coming in soon.. and their Defense prospects are loaded for down the road.

But wait, if they have role players, what else must they have in order to be a good team?

You are aware the outrage is that Detroit is listed as FOURTH in the division.

Read before you type.

He's going off base on purpose I think. I mean, it's a good career move and will garner more discussion and visits to his site. e.g. his Northeast predictions were just as odd:

1. Buffalo

2. Toronto

3. Boston

4. Montreal

5. Ottawa

I'm wondering if Eklund was sleeping when the Leafs and Bruins made their trades? He must think the Kessel trade didn't happen, the Leafs drafted Seguin, Rask is the starting goalie for the Leafs, and Sundin is still playing with that prediction. Boston is going to win the division, and the Leafs will be at the bottom, and I don't think there's much of a debate. Buffalo and Miller may make it interesting, but Boston easily is the best of those 5. A realistic and sober prediction would be:

Boston

Buffalo

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

I checked the rosters of the Eastern Conference, the Leafs are by far the worst of the 15, and they look worse then what I originally thought. Add to that there's no help on the way or a young stud player on the team who can drastically improve. Anyone who seriously thinks the Leafs can make the playoffs, or even finish anywhere but the bottom of the Conference is on crack.

You are aware the outrage is that Detroit is listed as FOURTH in the division.

Read before you type.

Right, at worst the Wings will finish 4th in the West.

I decided to do my own picks.

East

Atlantic

1. Pittsburgh (2)

2. Philadelphia (4)

3. NJ (6)

4. NYR

5. NYI

Northeast

1. Boston (3)

2. Buffalo (5)

3. Montreal (8)

4. Ottawa

5. Toronto

Southeast

1. Washington (1)

2. TB (7)

3. Atlanta

4. Carolina

5. Florida

West

Central

1. Detroit (2)

2. Chicago (4)

3. St. Louis (7)

4. Nashville (8)

5. Columbus

Northwest

1. Vancouver (1)

2. Colorado (5)

3. Calgary

4. Edmonton

5. Minnesota

Pacific

1. SJ (3)

2. LA (6)

3. Anaheim

4. Phoenix

5. Dallas

I'm wondering if Eklund was sleeping when the Leafs and Bruins made their trades? He must think the Kessel trade didn't happen, the Leafs drafted Seguin, Rask is the starting goalie for the Leafs, and Sundin is still playing with that prediction. Boston is going to win the division, and the Leafs will be at the bottom, and I don't think there's much of a debate. Buffalo and Miller may make it interesting, but Boston easily is the best of those 5. A realistic and sober prediction would be:

Boston

Buffalo

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

I checked the rosters of the Eastern Conference, the Leafs are by far the worst of the 15, and they look worse then what I originally thought. Add to that there's no help on the way or a young stud player on the team who can drastically improve. Anyone who seriously thinks the Leafs can make the playoffs, or even finish anywhere but the bottom of the Conference is on crack.

Right, at worst the Wings will finish 4th in the West.

whats wrong with the kessel trade as far as the leafs division chances this year? kessel will be a way better player than seguin this year

not saying they will win their division(or even be better than last in it) but the kessel trade still has done nothing but make their team better in the present(any negatives to it are merely looking towards the future)

Edited by ricky0034