• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Dish Network and FS Detroit negotiating

Rate this topic

Why anyone would go with Dish Network over DirecTV is amazing to me.

I have had local cable, Dish and now Directv.

Directv has had the best customer service out of all of them for me. Dish network was just recently rated amongst other big corporations. They were in the top 5 for worst customer service.

When I complained last year to Directv about VS, they gave me my Center Ice package for free.

Dish Network sucks

Edited by miller76

That link didn't make me very happy. It told me what I already knew, my choice of providers is not very good. I can only have Dish, Directv, Brighthouse(Time Warner) or AT&T. Last time I left Dish we did the cable but their customer service is worst than Dish. I think I may have to resort to streams until it's straightened out. :angry:

We are just a couple days from the season starting, so I'm in panic mode here. I've been talking all day with Dish reps, five so far, and no one seems to have any answer for me as to whether center ice is effected or not. One guy told me he was "positive that the situation will be resolved in a day or two" due to the mass amount of feedback they and fox is getting about this. Who knows...

The Dish people don't know what they're talking about. Having dealt with them on other issues, they just tell you a standard response.

Just be ready to find some streams online to watch the games until this is resolve unless you can switch quickly.

I was inquiring, and still continue to do so, as to whether this effects Center Ice. The last woman I spoke with said these are separate, and this is a totally separate package. However, the next guy I spoke with informed me if the feed comes from FSD/FSN, they can't show it, so they don't seem to know what's going on. I'm not going to drop the $165 if I can't see the Wings. I did get $20 off a month for the next 12 months though on my bill...that's something I guess :/

Guest Heaten

I was inquiring, and still continue to do so, as to whether this effects Center Ice. The last woman I spoke with said these are separate, and this is a totally separate package. However, the next guy I spoke with informed me if the feed comes from FSD/FSN, they can't show it, so they don't seem to know what's going on. I'm not going to drop the $165 if I can't see the Wings. I did get $20 off a month for the next 12 months though on my bill...that's something I guess :/

Are you under contract? I got $5 off per month, but can't get them to budge on the $20 per month (i am under contract)

Edit: I'm on live chat right now and they said FSN feeds will be on NHL center ice. I'm trying to get them to give me free center ice.

Edited by Heaten

Are you under contract? I got $5 off per month, but can't get them to budge on the $20 per month (i am under contract)

Edit: I'm on live chat right now and they said FSN feeds will be on NHL center ice. I'm trying to get them to give me free center ice.

Yes, but will the FSD feed be blacked out in the state of Michigan? I have had Center Ice for years & they have never once allowed a Red Wings game be broadcast on Center Ice here (Hemlock, MI). Something to do with the blackout rule or something. I mean, they may still allow us to get all the out of market games on their respective Fox Sports stations, but I still do not think FSD games (or even the other team's feed) will be able to be shown locally even on Center Ice. It will be blacked out. I hope I am wrong, but I am making plans to switch over to cable just in case this doesn't get taken care of FAST!

Guest Heaten

Well, switched from Dish Network to DirecTV today. That's the good news (I think). Bad news is that it will take 2 weeks to get it installed! WTF?

Did you go through Direct TV directly? I called our local retailer who is a Direct TV dealer and they can have us up and running in 24-48 hours.

My link

NHL Center Ice to be free for first 18 days

Wednesday, 10.06.2010 / 2:33 PM / News

NHL.com

NHL fans will get a free gift to start the season -- NHL Center Ice will be offered free by cable systems across the country for the first 18 days of the season.

From Oct. 7-24, fans will be able to watch up to 40 out-of-market games per week, as well as see the numerous innovations that are part of the 14-channel package.

Among the features are a multi-screen mosaic, featuring all the current action, with score and clock, available on the first channel of the package. There also will be a stats channel, and when possible dual feeds, featuring home and road broadcasts of the same game on separate channels. The package also will offer up to 12 games per week in high definition.

Participating cable companies are: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Bright House Networks, Cablevision Systems, Bresnan Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent and Verizon FiOS, plus a number of independent affiliates.

Fans who purchase a full season of NHL Center Ice by Oct. 31 will receive the Early Bird price of $171.80.

I don't know how this will help us locally, unless we can get the other team's broadcast, but I remember this from last year. At least we can figure out how it's going to work with this FSN crap.

Guest Heaten

To those who had NHL center ice in the past, will the away teams work or will they be blacked out? I am sure Michigan feeds will be blacked out on NHL center ice

I know that in the past, several Ducks games have been on Fox Sports West, which would mean that that feed would not be made available to DishNetwork customers. The Ducks website says that the game is on Prime, so there should be a feed to Center Ice.

This whole Fox vs. Dish has me pissed off and confused, and neither of their customer service departments seem to actually give a s***. When a company gives you their competitions phone number when you discuss dropping service with them, maybe it is time to leave. Just thinking.

so this entire week my guide has been showing the game on one of the Center Ice channels in HD.

this morning I check and it shows "Off Air" for the entire day. I call Customer Service and the girl tells me "sir if you scroll over to when the game is, it'll have the game listed. Channels go off air in the middle of the night"

Seriously? She thought I was looking up the game at 3am and wondering why I couldn't see it. :ranting:

And still right now it's showing Off Air for the HD broadcast and showing the game in SD as of right now. Did FSDetroit decide not to show the game or is this just the beginning of FS and Dish ****ing with me?

People in Michigan with dish will not get the game tonight even if we have center ice. Period.

Am I not right?

Honestly. I have no friggin idea. Been all over trying to get an answer since the original CI carriage is b/t NHL and inDemand with Dish just acting as the rebroadcaster. No one wants to answer this (Dish notwithstanding - they'll give you a yes and a no depending on which Punjab native speaking person answers the call). I've tried NHL, NHLLive, LeBrun (thx for nuttin mate), every friggin Dish forum that exists, and I even tweeted the Pope (well, I was going to.....).

Bottom line is that no one is saying if the dispute affects the CI carriage. The interesting thing is tho that Dish has all the non-Fox RSNs in the open AND their 'Find Game' page shows Prime (CH 411 I think) in the open w/o the game being marked as a Blackout. So if its not on CI, try PRIME I guess. I'm heading out to the FOX GRILL (ironic eh?) if its not on CI (I'm out of DET market BTW).

IIRC - all 3 teams based in California air most of their games via FOX which more or less means they too will have this issue that we Red Wing fans have.

Once again I'm surprised there's really no attention to this outside of us DISH Network subscribers...IMHO this has the potential to be alot worse than the DirecTV/VS issue of last season.

I don't have Dish so I haven't paid much attention to the amount of disdain over this, but it would not shock me if it is much bigger of a deal than you might think.

It may not be the most popular sport in here for most people, but it is also going to strike out in the immediate future a lot of college football games and a lot of NBA games for local markets, and from an overall geographic perspective in this country, football and basketball are more popular than hockey.

I remember reading an article about Georgia's college football game at Colorado last weekend being blacked out. It would also effect a lot of Big 12 schools who use Fox for broadcasts (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, etc.), Pac-10 schools I think as well (USC, UCLA, Arizona, etc.) and a large handful of other schools/universities.

The same will go for NBA teams and their diehard fans (Dallas Mavericks and Houston Rockets/Fox Sports Southwest, Oklahoma City Thunder/FS Oklahoma, LA Lakers and their FS partner, Detroit Pistons/FS Detroit, and a good bit more I believe).

DirecTV may have more subscribers than Dish, but I honestly think across the board this could affect a lot more people because it is going to involved multiple sports (football, basketball, hockey).

The Versus deal, as annoying as it was also, affected a limited scope in hockey games, as well as some college football games (Mountain West Conference, Pac-10, Big 12). And the Pac 10 and Big 12 broadcasts were often the 2nd/3rd/4th choices of popular games in the conferences I believe.

I live in the Grand Rapids area, had FSD until this. Yesterday I get this in the mail. Granted it says "games subject to local blackout". But why send it to me then if I use to get FSD and can't watch the Wings due to blackout?

cirw1.jpg

cirw2.jpg

Here's the answer, the CenterIce free preview of the Blackhawks game is blacked out as is the NHLN feed. You won't be able to see the Wings on CenterIce.

Looks like I will be cancelling my Dish and finding another service.

Not that it helps all of you in-market, but Dish has the FSN feeds on CI. The kicker is that the CI feed from inDemand only transmits SD feeds and the providers have the option of using their own HD feed of the specific RSN. Well, since Dish currently has NO HD feeds from any FSN, they're stuck using the SD feed. Which makes my new 60" plasma go flaccid.

I'll give them 5 more days since NHLN and VS have the next games in HD, then I'm off to Directv.

Guest Heaten

DISH blows. Can't wait til my contract expires. They did give me $20 credit per month for 3 months, then $10 credit for then next 9 months. If FOX comes back soon, I'm golden. If not, I may pay the extra $$ to cancel.