• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Dish Network and FS Detroit negotiating

Rate this topic

Guest best poster in LGW history

the kicker here is that if you're an nhl center ice subscriber that pays the full amount up front (like me), you can't cancel or transfer the NHL CI service, even though we're not even past the free preview stage of the season yet. you're stuck with an additional 170 bucks out the window on top of the dish cancellation fee.

what i did is threaten to cancel dish if they didn't refund my nhl center ice charge in full. they did...but i'll cancel dish next week anyway. feels good man.

Guest Heaten

I heard direct is paying cancellation fees for dish customers.

Is this true? I'll switch right now if so

Dish sucks!

Of course when I told Dish customer service I was probably going over to Direct TV they said that in the next couple months FSD will be negotiating with them too, saying I could be in the same boat all over again. Unfortunately I don't know of a way of verifying that.

Folks, I cannot watch the Wings because of this dispute. This is killing! Any thoughts from someone in same situation! It also appears that Fox pulled plug on Cablevision in NYC/Philly area. This will affect the MLB playoff over there!

I'm not in Detroit so I can watch the games on Center Ice, but I am starting to wonder if all this BS with Fox and Dish is why almost none of the center ice feeds are actually in HD this year. I remember having a ton of HD feeds in the past and so far this year the only HD games I've seen have been on NHLN or VS.

I'm not in Detroit so I can watch the games on Center Ice, but I am starting to wonder if all this BS with Fox and Dish is why almost none of the center ice feeds are actually in HD this year. I remember having a ton of HD feeds in the past and so far this year the only HD games I've seen have been on NHLN or VS.

Yes it is and its getting suckier (will the judges take that?). Most of the HD feeds for hockey come from the FSN RSNs which FOX is no longer transmitting to Dish. That is why we only get the CSN and a couple FSN feeds that are not part of the current dispute in HD on CI.

I've given them 2 weeks since most of the Wingz games were available in HD on VS or NHLN. I'm calling DirecTV tomorrow in time for the CGY game next week (thx Kenny for getting 5 days off in between!).

Yes it is and its getting suckier (will the judges take that?). Most of the HD feeds for hockey come from the FSN RSNs which FOX is no longer transmitting to Dish. That is why we only get the CSN and a couple FSN feeds that are not part of the current dispute in HD on CI.

I've given them 2 weeks since most of the Wingz games were available in HD on VS or NHLN. I'm calling DirecTV tomorrow in time for the CGY game next week (thx Kenny for getting 5 days off in between!).

That's really pissing me off. I wonder if they will comp my bill for the lack of HD feeds.

That's really pissing me off. I wonder if they will comp my bill for the lack of HD feeds.

Couldn't care less for the $7 credit - I want the games in HD and I want them now (well, dont need tonights as I'll be at the game)!

The game was on last night in standard def (Yotes feed), and it was horrible...DirecTV can't get here fast enough.

You can say that again, that was the worst feed that I think I've seen in awhile! :ranting: The sound and picture were horrible! I checked our upcoming program guide and it looks like we'll be getting the Detroit non-HD feed for Thursday's game (fingers crossed!) We tried to watch the Anaheim game tonight and it was giving us a message saying that there were technical difficulties so I called dish and complained for about 30 minutes and they ended up giving me the $5 off my bill for the next 12 months or gave me an offer to cancel the service entirely. I explained to her that the whole reason we buy center ice is to get fox sports Detroit and I don't feel like I should have to pay full price when I'm not getting the channels that I have been for the past several seasons. We aren't under contract with dish since we've had the service for 7 years now but I don't feel like all the trouble that comes with making the switch... we're just going to hold out and hope that this issue gets resolved sooner rather than later! :(

Guest Heaten

I'm torn about ordering Direct TV because I 'heard' (how true it is your guess) is that Direct TV will be going through contract negotiations with Fox Sports in 2-3 months. I'd hate to sign a contract with them and DISH gets worked out and I'm stuck with Direct TV with no Fox.

Contracts should be null & void if they can't deliver. :ranting:

Couple of things from some other boards where I've been following this (as always, YMMV):

- FOX's contract isn't up with Direct until sometime 2011 AND

- the issue FOX is having with Dish has already been mitigated with Direct - FOX wants their local FSN stations on the lowest tier so more subs get them = greater revenue instead of having sub having to pay for a higher tier Not to say another issue may not arise......

Edited by TheWestWing

Couple of things from some other boards where I've been following this (as always, YMMV):

- FOX's contract isn't up with Direct until sometime 2011 AND

- the issue FOX is having with Dish has already been mitigated with Direct - FOX wants their local FSN stations on the lowest tier so more subs get them = greater revenue instead of having sub having to pay for a higher tier Not to say another issue may not arise......

If this is why Dish is holding out, even more reason to leave, unless they do agree to this. I think it's ridiculous that I have to pay for 250 channels just to watch the Wings on FSN. I don't watch many other channels except locals and FSN, NHLnet and VS, would be nice to save a little money.

Making the switch tomorrow.

If anybody else is switching from Dish to Direct, PM me. We'd each get $100 off for a year in their Refer a Friend promo. Will you be my friend? (for $100?).

Dish = Biteman = Evil.

Making the switch tomorrow.

If anybody else is switching from Dish to Direct, PM me. We'd each get $100 off for a year in their Refer a Friend promo. Will you be my friend? (for $100?).

Dish = Biteman = Evil.

I never did understand why people would choose Dish over Directv (it is a little cheaper, but you get what you pay for). I sent you a PM.

If anyone else is thinking of switching over the $100 is pretty simple to get, Directv even has it setup to do online. PM me and I'll give you my account number, you won't be disappointed. They got the Versus thing fixed for a while (was Comcrap's fault) and they won't screw up the Fox Sports stuff since they are heavily promoting having Fox due to the Dish Net issue.

Christ, I had all kinds of problems getting DirecTV hooked up! First it was a 2 week wait to get it in. They get here last Thursday & unhook my Dish Network, start hooking up the DirecTV only to find that they were missing a part they needed. Had to come back Friday at noon. Well, Friday at noon I get a call - still don't have the part, will be there tomorrow (Saturday) at noon. Saturday at noon comes, no DirecTV guy. Finally at 3pm I call DirecTV after wasting my whole day off, and they have no record of the guy coming out. I said forget it, cancelled my order & called Charter. Charter had a guy out to my house the next day (Sunday) to install cable. Of course before that someone from DirecTV just shows up on Sunday morning - well after I cancelled my DirecTV order, saying he was there to fix the Dish Network sattelite so we'd have TV until they'd be back to hook up the DirecTV - IN TWO WEEKS! I told him to get lost. The Charter guy shows up 2 & a half hours late, starts hooking it all up, it gets dark out, he can't finish. So he had to come back yesterday (Monday - day 5 of this fiasco) & FINALLY, I have cable hooked up! Good God, why is it so hard to get someone to do a job? It's like pulling teeth to GIVE MY MONEY to someone!

End result, we have Charter cable hooked up (which is cool because now I can watch the Saginaw Spirit re-broadcasts throughout the week)complete w/NHL Center Ice - all good. Bye bye Dish Network!

Guest Heaten

I never did understand why people would choose Dish over Directv (it is a little cheaper, but you get what you pay for). I sent you a PM.

If anyone else is thinking of switching over the $100 is pretty simple to get, Directv even has it setup to do online. PM me and I'll give you my account number, you won't be disappointed. They got the Versus thing fixed for a while (was Comcrap's fault) and they won't screw up the Fox Sports stuff since they are heavily promoting having Fox due to the Dish Net issue.

I went with DISH because Direct TV didn't have Versus at the time and it looked like at the time it was going to be awhile for them to work it out. I want to switch to Direct TV but I am afraid of a future FOX and Direct TV negotiation dispute. Because Direct TV is promoting FOX hardcore right now doesn't mean there won't be a dispute when contract time comes up. Direct TV is banking on easy sales right now and 2 year contracts.

That said, I want to switch, I just don't like musical chairs and can't get a straight answer by Direct TV when their FOX Sports contract is up.

Well I have Cable now, with HD FSN Detroit and HD FSN Detroit + (Plus)!!! Plus all locals in HD!

I now watch the games on my laptop (18.4" 1080p LCD Screen) and I can't believe I've lived without HD Hockey before!! It's simply amazing!!!!!!!!