• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

Comcast (owner of Versus) did this to Directv last season, so maybe Fox thinks they deserve more money at DishNet. However you look at it, just blame Comcast, it's always their fault :P

Well if this does get people thinking of switching, I'd be willing to help pay for a partial of your Directv bill (see topic in my sig).

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#22 IDLE19

IDLE19

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

Why anyone would go with Dish Network over DirecTV is amazing to me.

wait until your contract is up and your monthly bills goes up 30 bucks a month. then let me know how "good" directv is.

to add to this thread. Fox Sports is being lame as hell in this situation. dont these asstards know there is thing an economic problem right now and they want to add more useless bills for their gain? they can go f*** themselves.

#23 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

Last year when Direct TV and Versus was going through that major (and lingering) contract dispute, I thought to myself "why anyone would go with Direct TV over Dish Network is amazing to me."

Guess Direct TV isn't so great after all, is it?

#24 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Last year when Direct TV and Versus was going through that major (and lingering) contract dispute, I thought to myself "why anyone would go with Direct TV over Dish Network is amazing to me."

Guess Direct TV isn't so great after all, is it?

Directv is the same as every other TV provider out there. They all have contracts with channels and want the best deal for them. If the channel or network wants more money, then there is a holdout. Uverse pulled the plug on the Hallmark channel earlier this year for the same reasons.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#25 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

Directv is the same as every other TV provider out there. They all have contracts with channels and want the best deal for them. If the channel or network wants more money, then there is a holdout. Uverse pulled the plug on the Hallmark channel earlier this year for the same reasons.

Glad you understood my point :thumbup:

#26 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

Ya know, I am so sick of these cable and satelite companies charging out the ass for their programming. It is starting to get real old. This spring I cancelled Dish Network and went with ATT U-Verse and they were just as bad. So I said the hell with all of ya, went to Charter, got the best internet for 45 bucka a month and now I will pirate all the games for free. I basically pay 45 bucks a month and can watch whatever I want when I want with the internet as apposed to 130 bucks for things I cannot control! Hmmmmmmmm!

#27 best poster in LGW history

best poster in LGW history

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

Ya know, I am so sick of these cable and satelite companies charging out the ass for their programming. It is starting to get real old. This spring I cancelled Dish Network and went with ATT U-Verse and they were just as bad. So I said the hell with all of ya, went to Charter, got the best internet for 45 bucka a month and now I will pirate all the games for free. I basically pay 45 bucks a month and can watch whatever I want when I want with the internet as apposed to 130 bucks for things I cannot control! Hmmmmmmmm!

i've just reported a certain don tottingham to the columbia authorities.

have a nice day.

#28 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

So will this affect Center Ice if you are a Dish customer and purchased it?

I haven't read the other replys so excuse me if I'm redundant;

This can't affect Center Ice as CI has different contractual obligations than Fox Sports. On dish, there are separate Fox Sports channels that you can subscribe, while CI is a separate pay per view service.
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#29 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:51 AM

I have had local cable, Dish and now Directv.

Directv has had the best customer service out of all of them for me. Dish network was just recently rated amongst other big corporations. They were in the top 5 for worst customer service.

When I complained last year to Directv about VS, they gave me my Center Ice package for free.

Dish Network sucks

Edited by miller76, 05 October 2010 - 02:56 AM.

lighten up people, it's the internet!

#30 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

That link didn't make me very happy. It told me what I already knew, my choice of providers is not very good. I can only have Dish, Directv, Brighthouse(Time Warner) or AT&T. Last time I left Dish we did the cable but their customer service is worst than Dish. I think I may have to resort to streams until it's straightened out. :angry:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#31 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

i've just reported a certain don tottingham to the columbia authorities.

have a nice day.

I need bond money now!!! :yowza:

#32 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

DISH NETWORK/FOX UPDATE.....

Just got off the phone minutes ago concerning this issue...After receiving a "generic" response via email from DISH - I went ahead, and called them once again for clarification...It does appear that this squabble between these 2 WILL affect the NHL Center Ice package; as in any game aired by FOX will not be on Center Ice if you are a subscriber of DISH.

Any questions - feel free to pm me.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#33 Alex Searcy

Alex Searcy

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

We are just a couple days from the season starting, so I'm in panic mode here. I've been talking all day with Dish reps, five so far, and no one seems to have any answer for me as to whether center ice is effected or not. One guy told me he was "positive that the situation will be resolved in a day or two" due to the mass amount of feedback they and fox is getting about this. Who knows...

#34 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

The Dish people don't know what they're talking about. Having dealt with them on other issues, they just tell you a standard response.

Just be ready to find some streams online to watch the games until this is resolve unless you can switch quickly.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#35 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

We are just a couple days from the season starting, so I'm in panic mode here. I've been talking all day with Dish reps, five so far, and no one seems to have any answer for me as to whether center ice is effected or not. One guy told me he was "positive that the situation will be resolved in a day or two" due to the mass amount of feedback they and fox is getting about this. Who knows...

There appears to be alot of vague answers on the behalf of DISH - not wanting to see a mass exudus of subscribers.

When I spoke to a "supervisor" at DISH - she didn't have anything to say when I canceled the Center Ice package, and when I informed her that there's the possibility of canceling my subscription with DISH - she just gave me the # to call :lol:

#36 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

I haven't read the other replys so excuse me if I'm redundant;

This can't affect Center Ice as CI has different contractual obligations than Fox Sports. On dish, there are separate Fox Sports channels that you can subscribe, while CI is a separate pay per view service.

I was under this impression as well - however I've been told that it will.

Way too many vague answers coming from DISH Network, but 1 thing is certain, and it doesn't look too good for those of us DISH Network subscribers.

#37 Alex Searcy

Alex Searcy

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

I was inquiring, and still continue to do so, as to whether this effects Center Ice. The last woman I spoke with said these are separate, and this is a totally separate package. However, the next guy I spoke with informed me if the feed comes from FSD/FSN, they can't show it, so they don't seem to know what's going on. I'm not going to drop the $165 if I can't see the Wings. I did get $20 off a month for the next 12 months though on my bill...that's something I guess :/

#38 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

That may be the case, if they cannot show the FSN feed even on Center Ice, you should still be able to watch the game with the other teams feed. Guess the only way to find out is once the season starts people can let us know what's going on.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#39 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

I was inquiring, and still continue to do so, as to whether this effects Center Ice. The last woman I spoke with said these are separate, and this is a totally separate package. However, the next guy I spoke with informed me if the feed comes from FSD/FSN, they can't show it, so they don't seem to know what's going on. I'm not going to drop the $165 if I can't see the Wings. I did get $20 off a month for the next 12 months though on my bill...that's something I guess :/

Are you under contract? I got $5 off per month, but can't get them to budge on the $20 per month (i am under contract)

Edit: I'm on live chat right now and they said FSN feeds will be on NHL center ice. I'm trying to get them to give me free center ice.

Edited by Heaten, 05 October 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#40 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

Are you under contract? I got $5 off per month, but can't get them to budge on the $20 per month (i am under contract)

Edit: I'm on live chat right now and they said FSN feeds will be on NHL center ice. I'm trying to get them to give me free center ice.

Yes, but will the FSD feed be blacked out in the state of Michigan? I have had Center Ice for years & they have never once allowed a Red Wings game be broadcast on Center Ice here (Hemlock, MI). Something to do with the blackout rule or something. I mean, they may still allow us to get all the out of market games on their respective Fox Sports stations, but I still do not think FSD games (or even the other team's feed) will be able to be shown locally even on Center Ice. It will be blacked out. I hope I am wrong, but I am making plans to switch over to cable just in case this doesn't get taken care of FAST!