• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Ritola will be traded or waived

Rate this topic

I hope not because he has really stood out throughout the preseason.

He stood out for being a no-show. He only played in 4 games due to an ear ache. When he did play he was limited to under 10min and under 5 on one occasion. He had 1 assist and was -1. Ritola has shown nothing that the Wings can't get from someone else. Will he play well somewhere else? Maybe but these are the tough decisions that we have to make now with the CBA. The fact is this years Red Wings are better without him and than with him. The Draper argument may be a valid one but Draper embodies the Red Wings philosophy of taking care of your veteran players, it's the reason FA's want to take a discount to come here, and the reason our own players don't leave for larger paychecks.

He will be like Franzen in 2 years if he stay

If this were the case do you really think the Red Wings would let him go?! Come on... no offense but I love how all these armchair GM's know better than the Wings brass. Believe me, if the Red Wings thought they were making a huge mistake they wouldn't let him go, they'd make a tough decision with Draper or Miller.

Ritola to be waived or traded by Tuesday

Detroit Red Wings forward Mattias Ritola played his third game in three nights. He was battling for the last forward spot on the roster but hasn't done enough to earn it.

It appears he will be waived Tuesday unless he is traded.

General manager Ken Holland said the team's final cuts will come Tuesday. The 23-man roster must be set by 3 p.m. Wednesday.

Ritola must clear waivers to be sent back to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Veteran Kirk Maltby also appears destined to be waived. He, too, would start the season with the Griffins if he clears.

Defensemen Derek Meech (waived last month) and Doug Janik and goaltender Joey MacDonald must clear waivers to be assigned to Grand Rapids.

Drew Miller appears to have locked up a roster spot.

Edited by Konnan511

Zetterberg - Datsyk - Hudler

Franzén - Filppula - Cleary

Mursak - Helm - Eaves

Ritola - Abdelkader - Miller

No Homer, no Bertuzzi, no Modano.

How I would absolutely love to see this team.

I never jumped into the crazy negative rating game, but man are you lucky the mods removed negs... this post may have set an LGW record...

It's just the nature of the beast. If Ritola had made the team, his position would have been to fill Meech's seat in the press box anyway. Kind of hard to build off of that upside that way.... Detroit is so deep up front it's rediculous. Between Maltby, Tatar, Emmerton, Mursak and Owens, Kenny is going to have to draw straws when it comes time to recall a forward. Let Ritola go to a team where he'll be able to make an impact and PLAY.

It's just the nature of the beast. If Ritola had made the team, his position would have been to fill Meech's seat in the press box anyway. Kind of hard to build off of that upside that way.... Detroit is so deep up front it's rediculous. Between Maltby, Tatar, Emmerton, Mursak and Owens, Kenny is going to have to draw straws when it comes time to recall a forward. Let Ritola go to a team where he'll be able to make an impact and PLAY.

The fact that Verbeek was in attendence the other night leads me to believe that we may see the first Detroit-Tampa trade under the Yzerman era... if not for Ritola, there's also a very good chance they were looking at Maltby for a waiver wire claim when he gets passed through Tues

Edited by stevkrause

Guest mindfly

People need to realise Miller is one of the better PK men in the league, getting rid of him would be a disaster for the wings' PK.

This will realy suck this kid needs the shot , no instead they resign Maltby don't get me wrong I like malts but at some time we need to get younger!!!

Maltby is likely to be sent down too, his signing doesn't really affect Ritola.

Holland has to know that rittola is going to be claimed, he couldn't get anything for him???

With the CBA and the already incredibly competitive market, it's REALLY hard to trade guys who aren't fresh highly sought after prospects, or known commodities... they're essentially trying to trade an asset that the other 29 teams know we have to put on waivers anyway, so Holland's hands are really tied here... Ritola certainly didn't help his stock in the pre-season (he didn't play poorly either, just didn't stand out)

it sucks, but this is the cap world and we have to live with it...

With the CBA and the already incredibly competitive market, it's REALLY hard to trade guys who aren't fresh highly sought after prospects, or known commodities... they're essentially trying to trade an asset that the other 29 teams know we have to put on waivers anyway, so Holland's hands are really tied here... Ritola certainly didn't help his stock in the pre-season (he didn't play poorly either, just didn't stand out)

it sucks, but this is the cap world and we have to live with it...

meh, I know holland wanted to get a look in preseason, but after years of being in GR he should of had an idea of what he had. I am never one to question holland but this loosing guys for nothing stuff is getting tiring. should have traded him at the draft or over the summer. can't believe he couldn't get at least a 7th for him.

Disappointed to say the least.

meh, I know holland wanted to get a look in preseason, but after years of being in GR he should of had an idea of what he had. I am never one to question holland but this loosing guys for nothing stuff is getting tiring. should have traded him at the draft or over the summer. can't believe he couldn't get at least a 7th for him.

Disappointed to say the least.

There are guys that teams give up for nothing everyday in this league and a lot of them are much higher drafted than Ritola was, once again, it sucks, but it's part of the game... hell, we have two 1st Round picks on our everyday roster that other teams gave up for nothing (Cleary and Eaves)

In Holland We Trust.