• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Ritola will be traded or waived

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Nice try? yeah, why let facts get in the way of your invented argument.

How about you spend less time judging posts or being a Red Wings cheerleader and more time actually talking hockey?

I'm guessing that'll be difficult, because it seems you mostly have no idea what the f*** you're talking about.

I think you're just avoiding addressing my arguments. Why you're resorting to personal insults instead is beyond me. In any event, I don't think it's worth the time of either of us to continue this.

And there's yet another ridiculous cop-out. The person to whom you responded was using exaggeration in order to prove a point. He was noting his belief that some people are overvaluing Ritola in their reaction to this matter. I agree. With this news, he in the minds of some people suddenly transitioned from an interesting possibility to a slam-dunk future success story. It's silly.

If he played for Chicago he would be a guaranteed Calder candidate.

I think you're just avoiding addressing my arguments. Why you're resorting to personal insults instead is beyond me. In any event, I don't think it's worth the time of either of us to continue this.

You know, calling my posts dumb over and over again is pretty much a personal insult.

As Matt suggested several posts before you did, I plan to keep it civil from here on out in this thread.

Guest Crymson

You know, calling my posts dumb over and over again is pretty much a personal insult.

As Matt suggested several posts before you did, I plan to keep it civil from here on out in this thread.

Insults towards absurd-looking comments do not equal insults towards one's person.

It would be pretty funny if Ritola turned into a stud. Yzerman already showing up his old boss. :D

(One last post)

And if he turns into a dud, most of those who are protesting in this thread won't say a word.

Edited by Crymson

Insults towards absurd-looking comments do not equal insults towards one's person.

Calling someone's post dumb is pretty much calling them dumb.

(One last post)

Ah were only that true. But I can dream...

And if he turns into a dud, most of those who are protesting in this thread won't say a word.

Which is why it's a good thing we have you here at the ready to pass judgment. keep up the good work. cheers.

apologies to the mods for derailing the thread. I facepalm myself.

Now it's a contest to see who can get the last word.

Which really needs to stop, now.

Matt posted a "strong suggestion" already, so consider this post to be a last warning. Keep it civil, everyone.

Fair points, but having Drew Miller here or not isn't going to affect the Red Wings chances of winning right now whatsoever. He'll have very little impact this season. Sacrificing a potential piece of the future for years to come for a guy that may not even be on the ice most nights isn't very sensible in my opinion.

I see what you are saying and I really see that whole side of the argument. The only problem I have with your post where you said 'He'll have very little impact this season.' You don't know that. Look at last year. The Wings needed Miller last year due to infuries and he stepped up. Who's to say they won't need him to do that again this yar and they know he can cuz he already did it. I think that it IS sensible to sacrifice a guy who MAY be a potential piece of the future (or may not) when you have no other option with him and he hasn't blown you away despite chances to do so for a guy who CAN make a difference depth-wise and as a 4th liner/PK guy and has proven that he can last season.... when you look at winning this year as the top priority, as I think it should be.

Good luck Ritola. You weren't going to be anything more than a bottom line guy here, hopefully you can find your niche on the second of third line in TB. In all reality, even in five years he wouldn't beat out Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Hudler, Filppula and probably one of Tatar/Mursak/Nyquist. He wouldn't crack the top six here, hopefully he can on a different team.