Maple Leafs 4, Red Wings 2 Final

Emmerton, Tatar score in loss to Leafs

Air Canada Centre - Toronto, Ontario

65b0d0484a3aa7ea38838cf613dc.jpeg

TV/Radio

180px-NHL_Network_2009.pngCBC_logo.jpgm_c0ede3db37aa47ddb37314035506b0c5.jpg

Tonight's Stream

http://atdhe.net/20121/watch-toronto-maple-leafs-vs-detroit-red-wings

92886858.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0460E639E444C524D4CA80F5F6D294CB6C26F118CAE3EB056E30A760B0D811297

Game Preview:

Wings lineup loaded with Griffins

nhl_logo.png

Tonight's Officials

Unknown

riples187e.png

Pre-season

Toronto: 4-3-1

Detroit: 3-3-0

Last DET-TOR Meeting: 10/1, TOR 3 at DET 7Recap

No media available

riples187f.png

Goals

TOR Phil Kessel: 6

DET Henrik Zetterberg: 3

Assists

TOR Kris Versteeg: 6

DET Brian Rafalski: 5

Plus/Minus

TOR Phil Kessel, Nikolai Kulemin: +2

DET Brian Rafalski: +4

PIM

TOR Jay Rosehill: 23

DET Todd Bertuzzi: 17

riples187g.png

Drew Miller-Justin Abdelkader-Mattias Ritola

Kirk Maltby-Darren Helm-Willie Coetzee

Jordan Owens-Cory Emmerton-Jan Mursak

Tomas Tatar-Joakim Andersson-Francis Pare or Jamie Tardif

Jonathan Ericsson-Jakub Kindl

Brian Lashoff-Ruslan Salei

Doug Janik-Brendan Smith or Logan Pyett

TOR.gifProjected TOR Lines

Versteeg - Bozak - Kessel

Kadri - Grabovski - Kulemin

Caputi - MacArthur - Armstrong

Brown/Sjostrom - Hanson - Orr

Beauchemin-Phaneuf

Kaberle-Komisarek

Gunnarsson-Holzer

riples187h.png

98463444.jpg.23279_crop_340x234.jpg?1271364215

DET Jimmy Howard

2-1-0 3.38 GAA, .836 SV %, 0 SO

98835034_crop_340x234.jpg?1280878990

TOR JS Giguere

1-0-1, 3.03 GAA, .895 SV %, 0 SO

riples187i.png

DET Kris Draper (groin) out, Patrick Eaves (ankle) won't play, Todd Bertuzzi (back tightness) won't play

TOR Brett Lebda (shoulder) out, Jeff Finger (knee) out, Matt Lashoff (shoulder) out,

Mike Van Ryn (knee) out

Next Game

PIT.png

10/3, Penguins at Red Wings; 7:00 PM

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Drew Miller-Justin Abdelkader-Mattias Ritola

Kirk Maltby-Darren Helm-Willie Coetzee

Jordan Owens-Cory Emmerton-Jan Mursak

Tomas Tatar-Joakim Andersson-Francis Pare

Jonathan Ericsson-Jakub Kindl

Brian Lashoff-Ruslan Salei

Doug Janik-Brendan Smith

:blink:

I just hope they don't get run out of the building.

Young Leaf Fans are soo ridiculous when it comes to losing, my friends keep insisting that they would have easily beat the Wings if they played the monster or Giggy... some Toronto fans know alot, but the younger kids seem full of themselves when talking about their team.

Would they have beat them if Rynnas made a couple more saves? It's a definite possibility, let's be real here.

Would they have beat them easily? Probably not. Just like the Wings wouldn't have beat the Leafs as easily if Rynnas made a couple more saves.

Would they have beat them if Rynnas made a couple more saves? It's a definite possibility, let's be real here.

Would they have beat them easily? Probably not. Just like the Wings wouldn't have beat the Leafs as easily if Rynnas made a couple more saves.

My argument is, if Howard/Osgood played the Leafs probably would have lost even if Monster or Giggy played. They keep thinking that Detroit was playing their number one goalie or something last night.

After watching the game last night it made me even more excited for the season. The boys seem refreshed and watching Dats and Z together reminded me of years past. It was also good to see Toronto, who despite the score, moved the puck around pretty well and showed some very good qualties. IMO when they add Schenn and JS they should be in a good position to grab a play off spot. Would be nice to see an original 6 team play better than they have, their bottom of the conference days may be over....

Edited by Cheveldae32

Guest Heaten

:blink:

I just hope they don't get run out of the building.

I just hope Ericsson doesn't get blamed for making boneheaded plays that cost us a goal when he's not even on the ice like last game he played. It was funny whenever someone scored against us, it was automatically Ericsson's fault... and he wasn't even on the ice. But it wasn't really funny, it was kind of pathetic, really.

Edited by Heaten

I just hope Ericsson doesn't get blamed for making boneheaded plays that cost us a goal when he's not even on the ice like last game he played. It was funny whenever someone scored against us, it was automatically Ericsson's fault... and he wasn't even on the ice. But it wasn't really funny, it was kind of pathetic, really.

True. He just hasn't looked all that good but Babcock said he was happy with his dmen in that last game.

Remember how we felt last night, that's how the Leafs will feel tonight with our AHL squad going up. So how could Tatar not get first or second line duties with this squad. Plus, Smith should be in the top four at the very least.

We are forgetting that most of Toronto's "A" squad, would likely be in the AHL elsewhere. I'm not sold on Jiggy either, he's getting slower, and our team is going to be going fast. This will be a good game.

We are forgetting that most of Toronto's "A" squad, would likely be in the AHL elsewhere. I'm not sold on Jiggy either, he's getting slower, and our team is going to be going fast. This will be a good game.

Care to name these AHL caliber players on the Leafs? Their lack of firepower is a result of their lack of elite offensive players outside of Kessel. I don't think anyone playing in their lineup tonight is not worthy of an NHL contract.

This will be a good game for an exhibition. Looking forward to the pens game before the end of the preseason. I think they will ice the season lineup as close as possible. GO WINGS!

BTW, anyone checked out the wings "Questions" ad? Love it. I wish I knew all the exercises and drills those guys did in the offseason. Would love to have a hockey specific conditioning regimen.

post-18113-013566500 1286050490_thumb.jpg