• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/2 Pre-season GDT: Red Wings at Toronto Maple Leafs

Rate this topic

WOW, that made a noise.

Abby really didn't do that bad at all, if you look at punches landed, besides the take down Abby was pretty well even with him. and Schenn is like 235 pound, Abby will become a solid middle weight fighter

Abby really didn't do that bad at all, if you look at punches landed, besides the take down Abby was pretty well even with him. and Schenn is like 235 pound, Abby will become a solid middle weight fighter

according to once website they are the same height and weight

Was I the only one who caught the CBC guys on NHL Network say 'Leafs 2 - 1 over Grand Rapids' at the end of the first period? xD I swear, I about choked on my dinner hearing that tonight. Classic Canadian coverage. :lol:

Guest Heaten

Ericsson was one of the best defensemen out there in red and white. Salei, Janik, Smith all made some pretty big bonehead plays. Howard saved their bacon on a few of their mistakes.

Mursak was the most noticable forward out there in red and white. He looks better than some of the players 1-2 years ahead of him, including Helm and Abdelkader. Mursak is the real deal.

Kindl looked good but Babcock was sure not to put him out during critical times (PKs and 5-on-3 PK). Don't think Babcock is sold on Kindl's defensive play and prefers Ericsson over Kindl.

Fun game to watch. The Mursak-Emmerton-Tater line (or whatever line Mursak was on) was the best line for the Wings. That line is going to do some damage in the AHL. :siren:

Did those morons in Toronto give their team a standing ovation for beating Grand Rapids? I watched about 5 minutes of it, but when I noticed all the big boys from Motown stayed home, I turned the channel. Good move by Babs for letting the Griffins make the trip, and giving the Wings a rest.

Cool story. I was in Toronto today for the Saskatchewan Roughriders @ the Toronto Argos in the Canadian Football League, Riders won 27-16 :thumbup:. We took the Go Train to the game (the commuter train to downtown Toronto), when the football game ended (about 6:00ish), Toronto's Union Station was filled with Wings jerseys. I said "Go Wings" about 20 times to Wings fans while waiting for the train home.

Solid effort from Grand Rapids. Really excited for the kids we got, and even the vets. Should we have injury problems this year (knock on wood lets not) we got guys who will be able to fill in fine. The depth in Motown is renewed bigtime.

Also, embarrasing for Toronto to only win 4-2 against Grand Rapids. 3 on the powerplay, hahaha thats not good fellas :lol:

Guest Stolberg

Ericsson was one of the best defensemen out there in red and white. Salei, Janik, Smith all made some pretty big bonehead plays. Howard saved their bacon on a few of their mistakes.

salei was solid with the exception of one goof

janik was janik but he wasn't getting much help from smith either

After a long vacation after graduating and going to Europe I finally started watching the Wings yesterday in the first game of their doubleheader.

Today was exciting to watch as the commentators pointed out that the RW were really the Griffins... it felt a little bit surreal watching practically an AHL team with some NHL experience against a fairly well experienced Leafs roster.

I am really curious to see if Emmerton can pick it up finally and start producing what is expected. And I agree with the others on here, Mursak seems like he is really good prospect. Hopefully his development will continue.

Was I the only one who caught the CBC guys on NHL Network say 'Leafs 2 - 1 over Grand Rapids' at the end of the first period? xD I swear, I about choked on my dinner hearing that tonight. Classic Canadian coverage. :lol:

I heard that too haha. Was worth a laugh :lol:

according to once website they are the same height and weight

On the leafs boards they talk about him being nearly 235 and hes listed as 230 on the leafs official site, whereas Abby is only listed at 212. Schenn only has an inch on him though

On the leafs boards they talk about him being nearly 235 and hes listed as 230 on the leafs official site, whereas Abby is only listed at 212. Schenn only has an inch on him though

Your first indicator that there might be embellishment is that you got your info from something Leafs related.

Phaneuf is a ******.

Yes. Yes, he is.

I was Ok with the game last night, pre-season loss, big deal. ;) I saw a lot of things I liked, and some I didn't.

Big E, what's your problem? No Cheli to teach you how to behave out there? Suit up the old man and hold camp, right now! :cool:

Your first indicator that there might be embellishment is that you got your info from something Leafs related.

You dont think Schenn is around 230? Hes pretty damn big out there this season I believe it

While I was at the game last night, I got yelled at for 3 straight periods while our Griffin's lost. A Leaf fan bought me a beer out of respect so I've got some respect for him. lol

Maybe it's old, but they played this video on one of the tv timeouts...