• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#21 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

We are forgetting that most of Toronto's "A" squad, would likely be in the AHL elsewhere. I'm not sold on Jiggy either, he's getting slower, and our team is going to be going fast. This will be a good game.

#22 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

We are forgetting that most of Toronto's "A" squad, would likely be in the AHL elsewhere. I'm not sold on Jiggy either, he's getting slower, and our team is going to be going fast. This will be a good game.

Care to name these AHL caliber players on the Leafs? Their lack of firepower is a result of their lack of elite offensive players outside of Kessel. I don't think anyone playing in their lineup tonight is not worthy of an NHL contract.

#23 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

I think we're going to lose.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#24 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

This will be a good game for an exhibition. Looking forward to the pens game before the end of the preseason. I think they will ice the season lineup as close as possible. GO WINGS!

BTW, anyone checked out the wings "Questions" ad? Love it. I wish I knew all the exercises and drills those guys did in the offseason. Would love to have a hockey specific conditioning regimen.

Attached File  questions.jpg   78.41KB   20 downloads
mccarty3

#25 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Leafs lineup:

Versteeg - Bozak - Kessel
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
Sjostrom - Brent - Armstrong
Brown - Zigomanis - Orr

Beauchemin - Phaneuf
Kaberle - Komisarek
Gunnarsson - Schenn

Giguere
Rynnas

#26 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

Care to name these AHL caliber players on the Leafs? Their lack of firepower is a result of their lack of elite offensive players outside of Kessel. I don't think anyone playing in their lineup tonight is not worthy of an NHL contract.

They are a mash-up team of players that Burke could get to sign.
There are a few playing that won't make their team, for the most part, I don't want any of them on the Wings.
I could see the Leafs team winning the Calder cup this year. The Stanley Cup, not so much, which is why I think it will be a good game, the Leafs should win, but our guys backed by Howard may pull it out.

#27 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Abdelkader vs Brent tonight??

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Abdelkader vs Brent tonight??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xghApDL-m0

Lol perfect, i love when guys think they are hard asses and then get droppppped. If Apple Fritters lost any teeth on the crosscheck to the face, i wouldn't be surprised to see them square off =]
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#29 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

I think this one's going to hurt. That said, if the Wings somehow pull this one off I'm not letting my Leaf friend fans live it down.

#30 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Some people are putting too much stock in winning/losing. It's a meaningless preseason game. Just enjoy the game and observe the future.

#31 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:43 PM

Alright Owens, keep proving yourself tonight and earn some call ups this year, fight Mike Brown (who is prett ymuch the exact same player) and throw a big hit or 7

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#32 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

Exciting lineup. It will be fun to watch the young guns like Coetzee, Tatar, Owens, Smith and Mursak.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#33 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

Just curious.. has Kessel sat out any of Torontos games so far? Seems like he has been in then all and scored all of their goals.

Oh well, Im confident that the Griffins are just as good as the Leafs on any day..

LETS GO GRIFFINS!

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#34 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

Just curious.. has Kessel sat out any of Torontos games so far? Seems like he has been in then all and scored all of their goals.

Oh well, Im confident that the Griffins are just as good as the Leafs on any day..

LETS GO GRIFFINS!

He's played in 5 of 8 games.

#35 Uniblab

Uniblab

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

BWA-Hahahahahahahaha!
Bettman's a stoop *click* Stoop. Stoop *click click*

#36 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

Kirk Maltby on the 2nd line?

:lol:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#37 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

hey, buster, that's not just any kirk maltby! that's kirk 50 GOALS IN JUNIOR maltby!

#38 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

Some people are putting too much stock in winning/losing. It's a meaningless preseason game. Just enjoy the game and observe the future.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." - Vince Lombardi

If one, if not the greatest coaches of any sport of all-time disagrees with you, then I will have to respectfully disagree :P.

Plus: “We’re going there to win,'' Babcock said. "We’re going to play real good without the puck. We plan on Howie playing good. He’s got to get himself ready for the year. We’ll play as a good five-man unit and we’re going to push them for everything we can.’’

Edited by Konnan511, 02 October 2010 - 06:18 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#39 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

Dude, confidence is one thing. Delusions are another.

#40 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Stream?