• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Abdelkader nails Schenn and fights him

Rate this topic

Not a good fight by either side. Schenn was just trying to force him down to the ice the entire time, and Abdelkader just failed at overpowering him. Not much you can do about that. Besides that, holy s*** thats what I call a hip check.

Edited by cjm502

Great frickin hipcheck. Schenn won the fight, but pfft, what was he doing? Trying to maul him to the ground while throwing wild lefts? Jeez, and I love Abby. Looking forward to seeing him do that alot this year (the hitting part, and the fighting but maybe not the dumb powerwrestling by Schenn).

I want to know why Schenn didn't get an extra 2.

Yeah. Great clean hit, and he engaged the fight. Also why whats his name didn't get an elbowing penalty on Coatzee in that replay they show in that vid.

Wings got handles on the scoreboard, but I loved what I saw from the team (didn't see the whole game).

Ahh...good. I wasn't able to watch the game and the announcer in that clip said no one got an extra.

Yep. 5 for fighting, 2 for instigating, and 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct,

Since his 09 playoffs, Abdelkader has been growing into one of my favorite Wings - his work ethic, spirit and desire to always add elements to his game continues to impress me... that was a PERFECT hip check and the fight was really a wrestling match due to Schenn, but Abs form looked greatly improved... the boxing lessons and the training with May seems to be heading him in the right direction when he does fight...

Edited by stevkrause

I would hardly even say Abby lost that fight, if you look they both land about the same amount of punches then Schenn gets the take down.

Abby is going to be a Dallas Drake clone. 40 points, some fights and some big, sometimes dirty hits. I love it

What was the unsportsmanlike for?

visor

Just Schenn's manner at which he instigated it... I thought Armstong should have gotten the extra 2 if anything... to be honest, I thought the unsportsmanlike was a little overkill, they already gave him the instigator...

it was automatic

Guest scottj

god.. i was watching that fight n was hoping that they could actually get some good punches in instead of schenn holding onto abby trying to wrestle him down. obviously if there was a winner it wasn't abby but that was hardly a fight imo

Great hit. Wrestling match doesn't count as a fight. 19 minutes of penalties for huggytime has to suck.

What was the unsportsmanlike for?

Retaliation on a clean hit. I think that's something the NHL is trying to cut down on. Don't be surprised to see more of those in addition to instigating on these lameass clean hit retaliation scrums.

From Toronto Star:

Schenn also took on Detroit’s Justin Abdelkader in a lively third-period scrap. Schenn toppled his foe, but took a pair of minors, a five-minute fighting major, and a 10-minute misconduct.

They conveniently left the "why" out of the account.

From Toronto Sun:

Schenn not only recovered from a back injury in time for the game, he was at his best positionally and even tried a solo rush. Taking exception to a low Justin Abdelkader hip check, he also won the ensuing fight

It's nice to see Schenn being noticed by the print media again.

good hit by Abby. He got there a tad late (not a late hit, but it would've been cleaner had he got to the boards and not got Schenn in the leg). Still a good hip check though, and good to see him sticking up for himself.

It just shows what's exciting about Abby, but also how the Wings won't be relying on him for fighting.