• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jollymania

Abdelkader nails Schenn and fights him

Rate this topic

Nice check, I LOVE those! I thought those kind of hit were outlawed in the NHL now, any hipchecks below the waist?

It's at hi knees:

abbyhit.jpg

I love those hits, I think they should be legal. Too bad about the fight though, I give Apple Fritters major props for sticking up for himself even if he lost the fight.

Nice check, I LOVE those! I thought those kind of hit were outlawed in the NHL now, any hipchecks below the waist?

It's at hi knees:

abbyhit.jpg

I love those hits, I think they should be legal. Too bad about the fight though, I give Apple Fritters major props for sticking up for himself even if he lost the fight.

1. schenn's legs are extended

2. you can't see abdelkader's hip, which probably was around scheen's hip which is the primary point of contact

1. schenn's legs are extended

2. you can't see abdelkader's hip, which probably was around scheen's hip which is the primary point of contact

1. Doesn't matter, if a player if hunched over you still can't target his head, same goes for low hits.

2. You can see Abbys hip and it is at his knees. Abby's head is barely at Schenn's hip, let alone Abby's own hip. Plus, logic would dictate it was at his knees since Schenn went end over end.

Like I said, I love these hits, and I think they should be legal, but this one was at his knees, or the very least below Schenn's hips, which is illegal in that new rule log.

Figured I'd do a quick paint thing to show you can't even argue it was a low hit:

abbyhitdisect.jpg

Edited by Konnan511

The homerism on these boards is out of control.

Abdelkader got beat up by a much bigger, stronger, and tougher Schenn. He was dizzy trying to pick himself up off the ice afterwards, and the ref had to help him onto his feet and maintain his balance. Schenn landed some bombs at the end of the fight if you watch closely. Nice try for Abdelkader, but he was simply outmached by a better fighter.

I'm not hating on Abdelkader, and I love the Wings, but I call it like it is.

1. Doesn't matter, if a player if hunched over you still can't target his head, same goes for low hits.

2. You can see Abbys hip and it is at his knees. Abby's head is barely at Schenn's hip, let alone Abby's own hip. Plus, logic would dictate it was at his knees since Schenn went end over end.

Like I said, I love these hits, and I think they should be legal, but this one was at his knees, or the very least below Schenn's hips, which is illegal in that new rule log.

Figured I'd do a quick paint thing to show you can't even argue it was a low hit:

abbyhitdisect.jpg

1. youre lines are off

2. it was still above the knees

1. youre lines are off

2. it was still above the knees

1.) Meh, I don't think so. Maybe the left side of the line for Abby's hip is a little low.

2.) Above his knees maybe, but doubtful, still below his waist. i.e. still illegal.

1.) Meh, I don't think so. Maybe the left side of the line for Abby's hip is a little low.

2.) Above his knees maybe, but doubtful, still below his waist. i.e. still illegal.

we need more angles, as far as me the refs are concerned it was clean, enjoy it or move on

The Gator took a bite...but Shenn is a future beast, so of corse he is gonna kick some ass...Still glad to see Abby bringin some big checks to the lineup!

The rule is pretty vague. I think it was a legal hit, but I guess it depends what you consider to be "the area of his knees."

An illegal "low hit" is a check that is delivered by a player or goalkeeper who may or may not have both skates on the ice, with his sole intent to check the opponent in the area of his knees

The homerism on these boards is out of control.

Abdelkader got beat up by a much bigger, stronger, and tougher Schenn. He was dizzy trying to pick himself up off the ice afterwards, and the ref had to help him onto his feet and maintain his balance. Schenn landed some bombs at the end of the fight if you watch closely. Nice try for Abdelkader, but he was simply outmached by a better fighter.

I'm not hating on Abdelkader, and I love the Wings, but I call it like it is.

I didnt see the game, and that wasnt in the above clip. Anyone have this part?

Great hit. Wrestling match doesn't count as a fight. 19 minutes of penalties for huggytime has to suck.

Retaliation on a clean hit. I think that's something the NHL is trying to cut down on. Don't be surprised to see more of those in addition to instigating on these lameass clean hit retaliation scrums.

I'm also incredibly tired of seeing fights develop from clean hits (regardless if this particular hit was clean). Apparently hockey players forget that they're playing hockey. Hits are part of the game, don't get your panties in a bunch because you got hit.

It's at hi knees:

abbyhit.jpg

How about the sweet "POW" on the boards right where Abby hits Schenn.

Clean hip check. Gotta love this kid. Mark my word....when Abby hits 57 games he will have as many hits as the 2nd best player at the end of the year.

I'm also incredibly tired of seeing fights develop from clean hits (regardless if this particular hit was clean). Apparently hockey players forget that they're playing hockey. Hits are part of the game, don't get your panties in a bunch because you got hit.

Maybe Schenn didn't think it was a clean hit?

I don't know if anybody asked him, but these things happen quickly and perhaps he thought it was a low hit.

we need more angles, as far as me the refs are concerned it was clean, enjoy it or move on

I guess me stating I loved the hit wasn't indicative of me enjoying it? All I said was it was a bit low and proved that it was.

Maybe Schenn didn't think it was a clean hit?

I don't know if anybody asked him, but these things happen quickly and perhaps he thought it was a low hit.

I'd be willing to bet he did.

And even if he didn't, so what? People complain about fights after clean hits (and I agree in some cases), but if a guy wants to fight his own battle after a hit, more power to him. And if he's not on the Wings and takes an extra 4 because of it, I'm even happier.

I'd be willing to bet he did.

And even if he didn't, so what? People complain about fights after clean hits (and I agree in some cases), but if a guy wants to fight his own battle after a hit, more power to him. And if he's not on the Wings and takes an extra 4 because of it, I'm even happier.

I agree. Over and over people complain about the lack of respect in the league, and then they ***** about a guy standing up for his own knees. Let the players determine for themselves what is a clean or dirty hit and answer for it. It is their bodies after all. More guys will end up hurt by leaving it solely in the hands of the officials.

Edited by kook_10

too lazy to quote the posts from the last page talking about the specific new rule, but my understanding of it after watching that video the nhl put out was that they are cracking down on hip checks that are very low and specifically target the knees; i don't think it has anything to do with being below the waist persay. while the still image does look somewhat low, i think it was still a clean hip check that did connect almost entirely with schenns hip area. in that rules video the nhl put out, the examples it showed were all hit where the player was significantly lower than abdelkaders hit.