• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell will miss at least the first month of the season after suffering a knee injury.

The Chicago Tribune on Saturday quoted 'Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville as saying Campbell will be out of action about four or five weeks with a sprained right knee.

Campbell was forced to leave Friday's exhibition victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins after taking a hit along the boards.

It is another stroke of bad luck for the bruising backliner, who was forced to sit out the remainder of the regular season with a broken collarbone and fractured ribs after taking an illegal hit from Capitals superstar forward Alex Ovechkin last March. He was not fully healthy until late in the opening round of the playoffs.

Last season, the 31-year-old recorded seven goals and 38 points in 68 games, adding a goal and five points in 19 playoff tilts for the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Do or do not. There is no try

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

so the bad luck begins for the Hawks. Wonder if they will end up like us and play with half a team all season, due to injury. It would be interesting to see if they could make the playoffs (as the Wings did) with most of their regulars out injured.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#3 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

Don't worry guyz, our superhuman prospects will get r done!!1!!

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#4 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

I wonder if Brooks Orpik was involved...

#5 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

so the bad luck begins for the Hawks. Wonder if they will end up like us and play with half a team all season, due to injury. It would be interesting to see if they could make the playoffs (as the Wings did) with most of their regulars out injured.

When we lost all those guys, we had to bring in our top prospects from the AHL. Chicago's top prospects are already in the regular lineup....

#6 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Not a big deal. The Hawks have a 12-man core. With probably about 10 more core guys in high school. They'll be fine.

#7 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Ouch. It is a tough break for Campbell. The collar bone last season, now this to start off the new season.

I guess he can take some consolation in the fact he's grossly overpaid. He'll be well paid for rehabbing that knee.

#8 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

Yea, but he's one of their expensive core the fans want to get rid of, so he doesn't count.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

Campbell is a terrible player who adds nothing to their team. Him being out hurts the Hawks how?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Well, he's better than Leddy... The guy who will be replacing him.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#11 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

It's okay, Blackhawks have 5 players that will win Calder trophies this season. The pieces are falling in place fro them to walk away with the division title. <_<

Core

Edited by Heaten, 03 October 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#12 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

we have to remember that for all the crap Campbell gets for his albatross contract he is still a decent top 4 blue liner. when he got injured from Ovechkin's hit last season the Hawks struggled mightily in the games he missed

#13 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

:clap: If the Blackheads start looking for sympathy, they'll find it between "s***" and "syphillis" in the dictionary.

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,022 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

we have to remember that for all the crap Campbell gets for his albatross contract he is still a decent top 4 blue liner. when he got injured from Ovechkin's hit last season the Hawks struggled mightily in the games he missed

Agreed.

Campbell's not bad, he's just ridiculously overpaid. That's not his fault.

#15 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

Campbell is a terrible player who adds nothing to their team. Him being out hurts the Hawks how?

I disagree. Cambell is a good d-man but not a great d-man. The Hawks will replace him with yet another prospect.

#16 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

CORE! CORE! CORE!

#17 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Campbell isn't as bad as his contract. When he isn't playing, the Hawks struggle.
Posted Image

#18 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

that really sucks for them ... wait ... chicago can go f*** themselves. :)

#19 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Best top four in the league.

:rolleyes:

#20 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip