• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisdetroit

Hawks lose part of their CORE for a month

Rate this topic

Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell will miss at least the first month of the season after suffering a knee injury.

The Chicago Tribune on Saturday quoted 'Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville as saying Campbell will be out of action about four or five weeks with a sprained right knee.

Campbell was forced to leave Friday's exhibition victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins after taking a hit along the boards.

It is another stroke of bad luck for the bruising backliner, who was forced to sit out the remainder of the regular season with a broken collarbone and fractured ribs after taking an illegal hit from Capitals superstar forward Alex Ovechkin last March. He was not fully healthy until late in the opening round of the playoffs.

Last season, the 31-year-old recorded seven goals and 38 points in 68 games, adding a goal and five points in 19 playoff tilts for the defending Stanley Cup champions.

so the bad luck begins for the Hawks. Wonder if they will end up like us and play with half a team all season, due to injury. It would be interesting to see if they could make the playoffs (as the Wings did) with most of their regulars out injured.

so the bad luck begins for the Hawks. Wonder if they will end up like us and play with half a team all season, due to injury. It would be interesting to see if they could make the playoffs (as the Wings did) with most of their regulars out injured.

When we lost all those guys, we had to bring in our top prospects from the AHL. Chicago's top prospects are already in the regular lineup....

Guest Heaten

It's okay, Blackhawks have 5 players that will win Calder trophies this season. The pieces are falling in place fro them to walk away with the division title. <_<

Core

Edited by Heaten

we have to remember that for all the crap Campbell gets for his albatross contract he is still a decent top 4 blue liner. when he got injured from Ovechkin's hit last season the Hawks struggled mightily in the games he missed

we have to remember that for all the crap Campbell gets for his albatross contract he is still a decent top 4 blue liner. when he got injured from Ovechkin's hit last season the Hawks struggled mightily in the games he missed

Agreed.

Campbell's not bad, he's just ridiculously overpaid. That's not his fault.

Guest Heaten

funny how not long ago they were so excited about Viktor Stalberg, now they want to burn him alive.

Yup, 4 weeks ago he was their savior, now he's their failure. I gotta say, for all the prospects the 'Hawks fans were trying hype up, none of their prospects looked any better than Red Wings during preseason. In fact, I'd likely take our prospects over any of their prospects (that played preseason games).

I'm sure their hopes of repeating is rapidly slipping away.

:clap: If the Blackheads start looking for sympathy, they'll find it between "s***" and "syphillis" in the dictionary.

major-payne.jpg

Notice how that article tried to make Campbell sound like a better player than he actually is, then again the worst part of his game is in fact his contract.

dammit... he is on my fantasy team... oh well, I guess thats who I get left with for drafting Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Semin, Kessel, Hossa, Penner and Richards ahead of any defensive picks.. dammit