• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisdetroit

Hawks lose part of their CORE for a month

Rate this topic

While the evil side of me is chortling, this is not a big deal at this point. It's the beginning of the season. If they start getting bent over by injuries in January, THAT will be a problem. And then it will be a full-blown belly laugh.

While the evil side of me is chortling, this is not a big deal at this point. It's the beginning of the season. If they start getting bent over by injuries in January, THAT will be a problem. And then it will be a full-blown belly laugh.

Ordinarily I would agree, but in the current NHL, once you fall behind, you are pretty much effed. The beginning of the season is when they want to rack up a few cushion points if possible. A sputter start for them could easily result in a very long season.

Ordinarily I would agree, but in the current NHL, once you fall behind, you are pretty much effed. The beginning of the season is when they want to rack up a few cushion points if possible. A sputter start for them could easily result in a very long season.

I don't agree. Last season for the Wings is a great example of how you can be decimated by injuries mid-season and still have a 100 point season. Now, we all know that's not going to happen for Chicago under the same circumstances, but now is much better than later, especially for the Hawks.

I don't agree. Last season for the Wings is a great example of how you can be decimated by injuries mid-season and still have a 100 point season. Now, we all know that's not going to happen for Chicago under the same circumstances, but now is much better than later, especially for the Hawks.

I hope you're right because I want the Wings to be the team that bounces their butts out onto the golf course.

Bruising backliner?!? Dude made one big hit in his career at Buffalo. He's supposed to be a good guy to jump up in the play, which he's reasonable at, but now he's a bruising backliner?

The only thing he bruises is the hawks cap.

Ouch. It is a tough break for Campbell. The collar bone last season, now this to start off the new season.

I guess he can take some consolation in the fact he's grossly overpaid. He'll be well paid for rehabbing that knee.

Yeah he's in his 30's and has been getting injured a lot lately. I'm kind of worried Holland is going to try to bring him to Detroit.

I think for me the point is that I would rather do well early and have less pressure to get in then have to pull out all the stops and go full bore to get into the playoffs late. Then once in potentially be tired and thus not ready for the playoffs.

Is it possible to recover from a bad first half. Sure, but id rather not be put in that position in the first place.

I think for me the point is that I would rather do well early and have less pressure to get in then have to pull out all the stops and go full bore to get into the playoffs late. Then once in potentially be tired and thus not ready for the playoffs.

Is it possible to recover from a bad first half. Sure, but id rather not be put in that position in the first place.

Yeah, teams that go full-bore and enter playoff mode a month early tend to get bounced from the playoffs in the early rounds (Wings last year). Tend to do better the years they have a playoff birth locked early and can start resting guys in the final month - despite a poor closing month to the regular season.

That dictionary comment is pretty funny stuff! I will be using it in the future.

Can somebody please make a photoshop of a rotten apple core with a blackhawks body/head. That would make me giggle like a school girl today.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yeah he's in his 30's and has been getting injured a lot lately. I'm kind of worried Holland is going to try to bring him to Detroit.

Why would you be worried, we all know your just a Hawks fan in disguise :D. Not that I care, it's just funny to see you continue to stick to your role.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yeah, teams that go full-bore and enter playoff mode a month early tend to get bounced from the playoffs in the early rounds (Wings last year). Tend to do better the years they have a playoff birth locked early and can start resting guys in the final month - despite a poor closing month to the regular season.

Under normal circumstances, you are completely correct; however, I'll bet $20 bucks right here and now that even if Chicago remains completely healthy, they don't make it to the WCF, hence my position that they're better off with injuries now rather than later.