• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#141 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

13:44 PIT Chris Kunitz : Tripping - 2 min 13:44 DET Johan Franzen : Roughing - 2 min 13:44 PIT Chris Kunitz : Roughing - 2 min 13:44 PIT Chris Kunitz : Roughing - 2 min 13:44 DET Johan Franzen : Cross checking - 2 min 15:17 PIT Kris Letang : Slashing - 2 min 15:17 DET Tomas Holmstrom : Slashing - 2 min 15:17 DET Tomas Holmstrom : Unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 15:17 DET Tomas Holmstrom : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

Edited by edicius, 03 October 2010 - 05:34 PM.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#142 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

#143 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Really? Which one? I've never seen one stop any of those shots. Maybe 1 in 20 times a goalie could.

PIT is making Osgood go east to west which IMO Ozzie has never been good at that.

#144 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

Ugh, I missed it. What happened between Kunitz and Franzen and Homer?

Kunitz slew footed Flip (I think it was), and Franzen came over and went after him a bit, Kunitz backed down. matching penalties.

Homer took a slashing penalty and was pissed. threw a towel in the penalty box, then got 10 minutes and a game, I think.

#145 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

PIT is making Osgood go east to west which IMO Ozzie has never been good at that.

True, but I wouldn't say he had much of a chance on any of the goals. Plus the defence isn't playing anywhere near the caliber we know they can, and that's got me a little tense today.

#146 RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40

Loving my Wings until the day I die!

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

Kunitz slew footed Flip (I think it was), and Franzen came over and went after him a bit, Kunitz backed down. matching penalties.

Homer took a slashing penalty and was pissed. threw a towel in the penalty box, then got 10 minutes and a game, I think.

Classy move there Kunitz.

Thanks for the recap.
Count me in, but don't count me out,
You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,
Fight through the hurt, Fight through the pain,
Without the ache there is no gain,
We live our lives for the love of the game
Pillar - For the Love of the Game

#147 Wingfan191

Wingfan191

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

Homer didn't get a game misconduct, he'll be back in the 3rd.

#148 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Glad I didn't spend my hard earn money to see them play like they don't care. I don't care if it's preseason. They all are sucking out there.

Amen, sister. If I paid to see that game I'd demand to get my money back. Wouldn't work, but I'd sure as hell make waves. This is a piss-poor, pass-happy, defenseless piece of s*** and so much for the Oz trying to move toward his 400th goal. Ain't gonna happen in this one.

And to top it off, we have the a-hole ref sending Homer to the bin after he's pounded on about five times. Yessirree, makes sense to me. NOT.

I don't care if it's exhibition or whatever. It's a total embarassment. Bah. Humbug.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#149 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Our forwards are playing sloppy and cant hold the puck, and the defense hasnt been there to help out at all. Bad overall game by nearly the entire team.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#150 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

Ozzie must be having All-Star game flash-backs!!! :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#151 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

So Osgood planning on being the worst goalie in the league for a second straight year?

He's off to a good start in this preseason with a 5.45 GAA and .850 SV%. That's before this game as well.

To even suggest that this loss will be Ozzie's fault is beyond comprehension. Which can only mean that your attention-grabbing behavior is becoming even more laughable than this game. You really need to get a life.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#152 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

Kenny Holland just confirmed on Red Wings Live Ericsson will be paired with Salei (on the 3rd pairing) to start the season.

Edited by Heaten, 03 October 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#153 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Good thing this is a preseason game.

I've been lurking listening to Pens fans. What a hoot. Topics of conversation include:
Sid is the best and everyone else is just jealous.
Is Modano American or Canadian?
Is Modano married to Carrie Underwood?
Ovechkin is over-rated and will be bottom 6 soon.
Wings are old.
MAJOR discussion over where the Pens play.

It's been a hoot.
Best one: Pens are better than Wings because the Pens have won 4 cups and the Wings only have won 3.

#154 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

I've been lurking listening to Pens fans. What a hoot. Topics of conversation include:
Wings are old.

It's been a hoot.
Best one: Pens are better than Wings because the Pens have won 4 cups and the Wings only have won 3.

I can only hope you are making this up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#155 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Wings are old.

It's been a hoot.

Posted Image

#156 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Really? Which one? I've never seen one stop any of those shots. Maybe 1 in 20 times a goalie could.

I suggest we (including myself!) do not feed the flamer anymore. This game is bad enough. :sly:

#157 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

1997 + 1998 + 2002 + 2008 = 3???

#158 RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40

Loving my Wings until the day I die!

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

Amen, sister. If I paid to see that game I'd demand to get my money back. Wouldn't work, but I'd sure as hell make waves. This is a piss-poor, pass-happy, defenseless piece of s*** and so much for the Oz trying to move toward his 400th goal. Ain't gonna happen in this one.

And to top it off, we have the a-hole ref sending Homer to the bin after he's pounded on about five times. Yessirree, makes sense to me. NOT.

I don't care if it's exhibition or whatever. It's a total embarassment. Bah. Humbug.

I was just saying this exact thing. I would be so mad if I paid money to go to this game and they were playing like they are. Yes, it's the preseason and it really doesn't count, but bad habits can develop and it's frustrating to watch them play like they don't even care about the outcome.
Count me in, but don't count me out,
You can't shut me up, you can't shut me down,
Fight through the hurt, Fight through the pain,
Without the ache there is no gain,
We live our lives for the love of the game
Pillar - For the Love of the Game

#159 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

I can only hope you are making this up.

Unfortunately, no.

There are other people there so it wasn't entirely this kind of stuff, but this was the stuff that kept me reading.

#160 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

I'm not sure if it really matters or not but when was the last time the Wings ended the pre-season with a losing record??