• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Sample

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Rate this topic

With the pre-season coming to an end I wanted to know who you thought impressed, who you think will be huge in the future, and who needs to part ways asap?

I was impressed with Kindl, Lashoff, and Smith. With these guys in the system I think that The Red Wings are set for years to come on defence. I think that Abby could be a big part of this team in the years to come. If he gets a bit stronger on his skates and keeps working like he does now. He kind of reminds me of a young Mac! And to the Ugly, Ericcson. He does not look like he has improved one bit over last year. I say start looking for a team that needs a big soft d-man that will give him some ice time. He may become a good d-man in this league but with the Red Wings depth he will just be in the way in Grand Rapids. Trade him for a pick and play Kindl/Smith.

Mursak, Emmerton and Coetzee I think all looked pretty good. Tatar too but he's a little young. Kindl basically took Ericsson's spot but I'm not ready to give up on Big E completely just yet. All in all, the kids looked good.

esteef

Why was Salei signed? It would suck to lose Ericcson or Kindl. Kyle Quincey all over again.

Kindl I will agree with, but Ericsson has had more than enough chance and he hasn't shown a whole lot. He needs to start wrecking people like he is capable of if he has a future with this team. Kindl other than a few boneheaded plays has impressed me with his on ice vision. He definitely has the edge for that 6th spot so far IMO. Salei was brought here to replace Lilja, so I don't know why you are surprised he was signed.

My vote goes to Jordan Owens. Plays his heart out and really works hard. I like him a lot. I expect to see good things out of him in GR.

The bad - Ericsson

Last night on the hockey night in canada broadcast of the game they kept commenting on how we had our AHL team playing. Then on one of the Toronto goals someone goes right around Ericsson and Houston said something about how that would be tougher on an NHL defensemen. I thought it was pretty funny.

Edited by nosyt612

The ugly? Ericsson, Ericsson, Ericsson, & Ericsson. I think it's official that he will be the new whipping boy on LGW & he's all but lost his spot to Kindl, who looks a hell of a lot more comfortable out there. Also on the good side, give Smith a year or 2 in GR and he's going to be more than ready for the big club. Also very impressed with Mursak & Owens who has been flying around. The bad? The fact that Ritola got off to a slow start due to the ear issue & never really got going. Think it's inevitable that he's the odd man out for that last forward spot.

Owens showed he could play on the 4th line now I think, he is physical and would have above average skating even for the NHL.

Mursak is gonna be a player.

Tatar looked good.

Emmerton was A LOT better the i expected

Kindl looks better then everyone used to say, I guess reading stats doesn't give accurate scouting reports like some on LGW like to think

I see the new whipping boy has been selected for this regular season.

I didn't get to see much of the preseason, but Kindl looked good. and last night it was nice to see Ericsson crosschecking Phaneuf. It was a glimmer of how he should be playing.

But the lineups are so jumbled up with regular season and AHL guys on both teams, I don't put much stock in anything until the games count.

I was really impressed with Smith! He seemed pretty comfortable in most of the games I saw him play. Emmerton was alright. I would really like to see Kindl take Ericsson's place! Just looking at the score sheet for tonights game against the Penguins and Big E is already -3.. I cringe every time he's on the ice...

I say trade him...

With the pre-season coming to an end I wanted to know who you thought impressed, who you think will be huge in the future, and who needs to part ways asap?

I was impressed with Kindl, Lashoff, and Smith. With these guys in the system I think that The Red Wings are set for years to come on defence. I think that Abby could be a big part of this team in the years to come. If he gets a bit stronger on his skates and keeps working like he does now. He kind of reminds me of a young Mac! And to the Ugly, Ericcson. He does not look like he has improved one bit over last year. I say start looking for a team that needs a big soft d-man that will give him some ice time. He may become a good d-man in this league but with the Red Wings depth he will just be in the way in Grand Rapids. Trade him for a pick and play Kindl/Smith.

like i said before...the islanders need a big soft dman to eat minutes. let him play a season there and finish -50

Guest screwdahawks

There is no doubt Ericsson is having problems but to dump on him every friggin day is just bulls***. The kid switched to defense when he was 17 years old. He has had 1 full season in the NHL. Give him some god damn slack.

It took Fischer and Kronwall a hell of a lot longer than one season to start lookin like they belonged in the NHL..