• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Jimmy Howard not going with new mask

Rate this topic

On an interesting side note, I went to a dinner tonight for Season Ticket holders with a friend who is one, and got to talk one-on-one with Howard and Ericsson. I asked Jimmy what he did with his old mask, and he said it was officially retired. But then he said that the Doc Oct one is a back-up and that his real new one hasn't arrived yet. I then said, "You're probably not going to give me any hints as to what's on it, are you?" and he replied with a smirk, "No, sorry, you'll just have to wait until next week to see that one." :P

I was starting to thinking he might just been BSing me about the new mask. :lol: Can't wait to see the new one.

I'm sure that'll be cool with most people, the tachmask was awesome.

That said, Doc Oc should make a good ornament.

I LOVED the tachmask, so I'm glad he's going back to that mask... also, goalies are very superstitous creatures and he wasn't exactly lights out in the preseason with dococ, so....

I gotta say, I thought the DocOc was pretty cool actually, but you can't beat an instant classic - The thought behind the TachMask, the tie in to the Detroit auto industry, the tribute to the greats to wear the Winged Wheel and the overall artistic excellence that went into that mask made it instantly one of my top 5 masks in NHL history in my mind... just look at it, I mean, come on!

mask.jpg

Miss Wing Queen, on 20 September 2010 - 12:42 AM, said:

On an interesting side note, I went to a dinner tonight for Season Ticket holders with a friend who is one, and got to talk one-on-one with Howard and Ericsson. I asked Jimmy what he did with his old mask, and he said it was officially retired. But then he said that the Doc Oct one is a back-up and that his real new one hasn't arrived yet. I then said, "You're probably not going to give me any hints as to what's on it, are you?" and he replied with a smirk, "No, sorry, you'll just have to wait until next week to see that one."

If Miss Wing Queen is correct, i guess we won't see last years mask... if i was a goalie i would toss it up all the time... retiring old ones (cheesy doc oc ones too)...i just like the idea of a revolving door of different s*** on a mask, then if people requested you bring one back, you could do that!

Edited by soultrain

Miss Wing Queen, on 20 September 2010 - 12:42 AM, said:

On an interesting side note, I went to a dinner tonight for Season Ticket holders with a friend who is one, and got to talk one-on-one with Howard and Ericsson. I asked Jimmy what he did with his old mask, and he said it was officially retired. But then he said that the Doc Oct one is a back-up and that his real new one hasn't arrived yet. I then said, "You're probably not going to give me any hints as to what's on it, are you?" and he replied with a smirk, "No, sorry, you'll just have to wait until next week to see that one."

If Miss Wing Queen is correct, i guess we won't see last years mask... if i was a goalie i would toss it up all the time... retiring old ones (cheesy doc oc ones too)...i just like the idea of a revolving door of different s*** on a mask, then if people requested you bring one back, you could do that!

So... um, what happened with going back to the tach mask? Don't get me wrong, he's looked great through 2, but still...

http://www.mlive.com...winning_st.html

Howard's new mask arrived Monday. Designed by Ray Bishop of Grand Blanc, it is similar to last year's, featuring Howard's dream car, a 1967 Shelby Mustang, and the retired numbers of franchise greats Terry Sawchuk (1), Ted Linsday (7), Gordie Howe (9), Alex Delvecchio (10), Sid Abel (12) and Steve Yzerman (19).

Bishop incorporated the Detroit skyline in the new design and removed the tachometer.

Edited by CanadaBoy

http://www.mlive.com...winning_st.html

Howard's new mask arrived Monday. Designed by Ray Bishop of Grand Blanc, it is similar to last year's, featuring Howard's dream car, a 1967 Shelby Mustang, and the retired numbers of franchise greats Terry Sawchuk (1), Ted Linsday (7), Gordie Howe (9), Alex Delvecchio (10), Sid Abel (12) and Steve Yzerman (19).

Bishop incorporated the Detroit skyline in the new design and removed the tachometer.

Sounds pretty nice, I can't wait to see it!

Excited to see it. For fun, I Googled, 'Jimmy Howard New Mask' and this came up. I'd love to see a goalie incorporate old fighter plane graphic stylings.

James%20Howard.jpg

That would be a pretty good idea. They might want to leave off the Nazi Swastika and the Japanese Rising Sun, though!

Wouldn't want an NHL goalie "Godwin"ing themselves... :lol:

As for Jimmy's new mask. Can't wait to see it!