• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Could Eaves be put on waivers?

Rate this topic

From Detroit Sports Nation on Facebook -

"Apparently the decision has come down to Eaves or Maltby in deciding who the last player to be waived is. That would be really a tough break for Eaves, who hurt his foot and didn't get a chance to earn a spot while Maltby got into a lot of game action ^RB"

"George Malik of Kukla's Korner is reporting via Fox Sports Detroit that Patrick Eaves could be hitting the waiver wire next ^RB"

If this happens, I very well may just scream.

Guest Heaten

"Could Eaves be put on waivers?"

Technically, Zetterberg and Datsyuk 'could' be put on waivers too. There's no restrictions to who can't be placed on waivers. I think Eaves chances of being placed on waivers is about equal to Modano's chances to being placed on waivers... Zero percent chance.

If Eaves gets put on waivers I am never forgiving Kenny for it.

There is no way Eaves is exposed to waivers with the way he's played here... as I said in another thread:

Something everyone needs to realize is that Patrick Eaves wasn't a 1st round pick on accident - He needs to finish his career here. Eaves is EXACTLY the type of player we need - He can fill many roles, plays with an edge and could play on higher lines in a scoring role as well if needed.

From Detroit Sports Nation on Facebook -

"Apparently the decision has come down to Eaves or Maltby in deciding who the last player to be waived is. That would be really a tough break for Eaves, who hurt his foot and didn't get a chance to earn a spot while Maltby got into a lot of game action ^RB"

"George Malik of Kukla's Korner is reporting via Fox Sports Detroit that Patrick Eaves could be hitting the waiver wire next ^RB"

If this happens, I very well may just scream.

I am going PURELY off of gut reaction and saying this is 100% speculation to create a story on a slow newsday... Eaves spot is safe and secure and I think the whole Wings organization knows that.

I am going PURELY off of gut reaction and saying this is 100% speculation to create a story on a slow newsday... Eaves spot is safe and secure and I think the whole Wings organization knows that.

Yeah, I don't see any way they keep Malts up with the big club. I can see someone making the argument that having both Drapes & Eaves injured to start the year might make Kenny lean towards keeping Malts up, but I would think they would be comfortable with Abby-Helm-Miller as the 4th line until those two are ready.

Edited by ogreslayer

Guest mindfly

If Eaves is waived instead of Maltby I will not be buying my 19 game season ticket package. To be honest i think we should have waived draper before Ritola.

From a hockey standpoint of course, everyone would agree.. but DRW is a special organization obviously so it's just out of question, too bad imo, he's 39, 40 in may and based on what he provides for the team on the ice at the moment he shouldn't have a roster spot.

I usually give Kenny Holland a lot of leeway in terms of roster decisions. But not this time.

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I would be if Eaves is let go in favor of Malts.

I normally try not to get to upset about Ken Holland moves. But waiving Patrick Eaves in order to keep Kirk Maltby up as a 14th forward would be one...

I will not be happy at all if Patrick Eaves is waived.

Maltby will clear waivers, Eaves will not.

This, I think, is the biggest factor.

Malts will be waived over Eaves.

Yeah, I don't see any way they keep Malts up with the big club. I can see someone making the argument that having both Drapes & Eaves injured to start the year might make Kenny lean towards keeping Malts up, but I would think they would be comfortable with Abby-Helm-Miller as the 4th line until those two are ready.

DEAD ON, 100%

If Eaves is waived instead of Maltby I will not be buying my 19 game season ticket package. To be honest i think we should have waived draper before Ritola.

In that case I hope they do waive Eaves, I wouldn't want some fair weather fan sitting next near me at the Joe. You'd have everyright to be pissed but come on we're talking about which 4th liner you might see 7min a game from, hardly a reason to boycot the Wings, besides aren't you a little late getting your package since it includes 2 preseason games?