• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:45 PM

I agree with the general consensus on this one.

Eaves > Matls

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 04 October 2010 - 03:45 PM.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#22 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

If Maltby has outperformed Eaves I have no problem with this. None of us know what's going on in every practice. I want the players who work for a roster spot.

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

Shouldn't they both be on waivers in order to make room for Hordichuk?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 04 October 2010 - 03:51 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Shouldn't they both be on waivers in order to make room for Hordichuk?

Wait... isn't McGratton still available?
<_<

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#25 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

If Eaves is waived instead of Maltby I will not be buying my 19 game season ticket package. To be honest i think we should have waived draper before Ritola.

In that case I hope they do waive Eaves, I wouldn't want some fair weather fan sitting next near me at the Joe. You'd have everyright to be pissed but come on we're talking about which 4th liner you might see 7min a game from, hardly a reason to boycot the Wings, besides aren't you a little late getting your package since it includes 2 preseason games?

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#26 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

no way malts makes it, the only way is if eaves's injury is serious, but then again why not keep ritola
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#27 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

If Maltby has outperformed Eaves I have no problem with this. None of us know what's going on in every practice. I want the players who work for a roster spot.

I agree with this statement, that being said I think that Eaves is safe.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#28 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

They won't waive Eaves...This thread makes me sooooo happy that the negative button has been taken down...all this talk on Malts, Drapes, and the little about Holland would have seen everyones user rating drop like crazy!

#29 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

There's absolutely no explanation for a move like that that would make sense. There isn't a single facet of the game, besides experience, that Maltby has an edge on Eaves right now.

#30 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

There's absolutely no explanation for a move like that that would make sense. There isn't a single facet of the game, besides experience, that Maltby has an edge on Eaves right now.

Trash talk. Huge edge to Maltby.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

George Malik isn't always reliable, and this particular rumor is nonsensical.

#32 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, I don't see any way they keep Malts up with the big club. I can see someone making the argument that having both Drapes & Eaves injured to start the year might make Kenny lean towards keeping Malts up, but I would think they would be comfortable with Abby-Helm-Miller as the 4th line until those two are ready.

Would they keep Malts up over Meech? It's just as easy to call either up from Grand Rapids if they clear and are later needed, but Meech is far more likely to get claimed than Malt-O-Meal.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#33 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

The fact that the Wings would even consider waiving Eaves makes me worried. Eaves is young and he is a hard worker. He is good on the PK and can score goals.Plus he has a great smile and he gets so excited when one of his teammates scores a goal. What more could you ask for?

I like Maltby, but there is a reason that no other team signed him during the summer.I know he still has the desire to play but there are other guys on the team who are better than him and they deserve their chance. It is no fun getting old, but there comes a day when everyone has to accept that they are not the player that they used to be.

Edited by LidsFan, 04 October 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

It's obviously going to be Maltby put on waivers. Odds are no one will pick him up. So he's extremely low risk. Why lose one when you can lose none?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#35 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

It's obviously going to be Maltby put on waivers. Odds are no one will pick him up. So he's extremely low risk. Why lose one when you can lose none?

Because Maltby scored 50 goals in junior?

#36 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Is this a joke?

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#37 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Is this a joke?

It was suggested on FSD and reported o have been suggested by FSD by George Malik on Twitter.

Its from legit sources, but I think was speculation that has since been reported as fact.

I think people were just surprised Maltby wasn't waived with the rest of the crew today, which IMO is because if Draper, Eaves and Bert are all injured on Friday, they need somebody to fill in after putting one of them on short term IR.

That is my thought on it at least.

#38 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

First it was Ritola over Miller and I thought that was upsetting.

Eaves just screams Red Wing. So does Maltby, but this isn't 2000.

Fair point, but how likely is that scenario? Besides, I've never heard anything besides Patrick Eaves has been a very hard worker since joining the Red Wings.

I like Maltby, but this is borderline insane to even be considering.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#39 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Plus, he's got that insane smile when he scores.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#40 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

Wait, I don't understand. I thought the whole point of signing Maltby to a 2 way contract was so he could be sent down to GR because he wouldn't play a lot. Does he still have to clear waivers?

Regardless I think Maltby will clear waivers, so I'd rather see him there than Eaves. I love both and would hate to see either go, but right now Eaves is the better player.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.