• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:50 PM

Don't waive Eaves, he broke Versteeg's nose.

Posted Image

esteef

Edited by esteef, 04 October 2010 - 10:23 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#42 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Eaves better not get waived, there will be no more Eaves Smiley :yowza:

#43 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

Kirk, I love ya, you're a good man, and you've given a yeoman's career for us, but if I had anything to say about it, your butt would be in Grand Rapids, and Patrick and Reuben would stay.
Posted Image

#44 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

Don't want to lose this.

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#45 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Don't want to lose this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

I guess they're really trying to set it up so that the 4th line is good each and every night.

Among Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves and Draper you got a bunch of guys who have to really fight in order to play and they all want to play. I guess whoever provides good defensive play and good offense are the ones who will stay on the ice. Just stating the obvious I guess.

#47 Zeowingsfan

Zeowingsfan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:24 AM

Wait, I don't understand. I thought the whole point of signing Maltby to a 2 way contract was so he could be sent down to GR because he wouldn't play a lot. Does he still have to clear waivers?

2-way contract determines pay when playing in the AHL and yes he would have to clear waivers.
The logo on the front is always more important than the name on the back

#48 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:30 AM

Ritola is on waiver
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#49 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#50 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

George Malik isn't always reliable, and this particular rumor is nonsensical.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

It was suggested on FSD and reported o have been suggested by FSD by George Malik on Twitter.

Its from legit sources, but I think was speculation that has since been reported as fact.

I think people were just surprised Maltby wasn't waived with the rest of the crew today, which IMO is because if Draper, Eaves and Bert are all injured on Friday, they need somebody to fill in after putting one of them on short term IR.

That is my thought on it at least.

you also have to consider the fact that maybe Maltby just doesn't know if he wants to go to GR and is considering retirement... out of respect, you don't "waive" a guy while he's making this decision with his family... I think this is the more likely scenario, is that he told Kenny that he doesn't know what he wants to do yet, so they're giving him 24 hours (well, gave him 24 hours as they decision will come down today) to make his decision before he's waived or retires...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#51 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

you also have to consider the fact that maybe Maltby just doesn't know if he wants to go to GR and is considering retirement... out of respect, you don't "waive" a guy while he's making this decision with his family... I think this is the more likely scenario, is that he told Kenny that he doesn't know what he wants to do yet, so they're giving him 24 hours (well, gave him 24 hours as they decision will come down today) to make his decision before he's waived or retires...

why would maltby sign a contract if he was just going to retire? that isn't very respectful either.

#52 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

why would maltby sign a contract if he was just going to retire? that isn't very respectful either.

Because it was a 2-way deal, so no caphit for Detroit if he does retire AND maybe he genuinely thought he could win a job in camp, or at bare minimum, get claimed by another NHL team, but you have to have a contract in the first place for that to even be an option... as the old saying goes "keep your options open"

How exactly would him signing a 2-way deal and then retiring be disrespectful by the way?

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#53 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:07 AM

It's nice the Wings have five guys who are hungry to be on that fourth line and prove themselves every night. Great for the team.

At the same time, from the perspective of the guys as individuals, it kind of sucks because none of those guys should be sitting as reserve forwards for any game and I'm sure they feel that way too.

#54 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:17 AM

SPAZZY EAVES!!! :w00t2:

Posted Image

#55 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

put Eaves on the top line a few shifts, not sure if Homer has the legs to keep with the Euro twins all game. Use Homer on the PP
and split shifts with Eaves on the 4th and top line.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#56 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:13 AM

put Eaves on the top line a few shifts, not sure if Homer has the legs to keep with the Euro twins all game. Use Homer on the PP
and split shifts with Eaves on the 4th and top line.

I think you're on the right track with this thought, but a little off... I think Eaves has all the skill and ability to play a top line role, plus one hell of a shot... I wouldn't have a problem at all with Eaves getting a FEW shifts here and there with the top unit and Holmstrom's minutes reduced, but this should not be a constant...
Maybe distribute the minutes as so:
ZDH - 16mins
ZDE - 6mins

Homer still all PP time and Eaves killing penalties, plus his 4th line minutes as normal... essentially what this would end up doing with minute distribution would be getting Holmer's minutes down a little on 5-5 and saving his legs and giving Eaves a shot to show what he can do, while giving him a few more minutes a game...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#57 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

great play by helm and eaves last night on the PK, definitely should have been the game winning goal. love seeing those 2 score, sometimes when our top guys score you can tell its just business as usual, but the look on those 2 guys faces last night was priceless
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#58 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

Oh, now everyone is all "Eaves I LOVE you" and when I posted a theoretical line combination in the middle of the summer with Eaves on Datsyuk's wing, I was torn apart.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#59 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

Oh, now everyone is all "Eaves I LOVE you" and when I posted a theoretical line combination in the middle of the summer with Eaves on Datsyuk's wing, I was torn apart.

I guarantee I was not one of those that tore you apart... I've always loved Eaves upside...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#60 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

I guarantee I was not one of those that tore you apart... I've always loved Eaves upside...

Ditto. I've been nothing less than a HUGE Eaves supporter.
-Elliot...does not panic.