• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Maltby and Meech waived

Rate this topic

Kind the end of an era with Maltby possibly leaving but I think his time has more than run its course here. Possible he gets picked up by someone for his experience.

Meech was waived last week and Maltby is no surprise, anyone who thought for one second it was going to be Eaves is insane...

Meech was waived last week and it`s just getting reported now?

Meech was waived last week and it`s just getting reported now?

wow, time flew... it was actually last MONTH he was put through waivers -

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/09/08/sports/doc4c87cf2e72def828922154.txt

He will now be assigned to GR, they were just keeping him up to complete camp before assigning him to GR, while Holland tried to trade him...

wow, time flew... it was actually last MONTH he was put through waivers -

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2010/09/08/sports/doc4c87cf2e72def828922154.txt

He will now be assigned to GR, they were just keeping him up to complete camp before assigning him to GR, while Holland tried to trade him...

Thanks Steve, I knew he had been put on waivers almost a month ago and cleared. So now he just goes through the same process again obviously.

Anyone? I don't feel like explaining it.

Why exactly did you respond then?

Thanks Steve, I knew he had been put on waivers almost a month ago and cleared. So now he just goes through the same process again obviously.

No actually, teams have 30 days (or 10 games of regular season action) after a player clears waivers to assign them to the AHL, before having to expose them to waivers again, since it has not been 30 days, they can just assign him without having to send him through waivers again...

If you'll remember, we did it several times with McCarty in 08 and he remained with the big club several times after clearing, and then had to be sent through again...

Edited by stevkrause

I was going to but I'm too lazy to look everything up. My bad.

Haha it's all good. I was just being a smartass, time for more coffee I think.

No actually, teams have 30 days after a player clears waivers to assign them to the AHL, before having to expose them to waivers again, since it has not been 30 days, they can just assign him without having to send him through waivers again...

If you'll remember, we did it several times with McCarty in 08 and he remained with the big club several times after clearing, and then had to be sent through again...

Waiver wire fodder is what he is then :rolleyes: . He seems to know his role in the organization and correct me if I'm wrong but he doesn't seem to ***** about his circumstance which says alot for him.

Haha it's all good. I was just being a smartass, time for more coffee I think.

Waiver wire fodder is what he is then :rolleyes: . He seems to know his role in the organization and correct me if I'm wrong but he doesn't seem to ***** about his circumstance which says alot for him.

Meech will probably never be anything more than a fringe NHL'er/plug, but the guy does go into it with a lot of heart and never *******, so in that aspect, he is a good soldier for sure... I have a feeling he'll play in GR for a good part of the season and then a team decimated with injuries will trade for him for depth (low draft pick/future considerations, etc...)

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'm not sure if I like giving up on Maltby so early on in his development. This has another Quincy feeling and he did score 50 in juniors...

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'm not sure if I like giving up on Maltby so early on in his development. He did score 50 in juniors...

This is gonna come back to bite us imo. Another Quincey situation in the making.

edit: nice edit ;)

Edited by dat's sick

Kind of hope someone scoops Meech up. He'd probably help Grand Rapids, but I don't want him taking the spot of one of the guys still developing. Maltby should be a good mentor to the younger guys there.

Woke up kind of early this morning but then fell back asleep. I then dreamed that I logged on to LGW and then viewed a post by you saying "I told you guys" as Ritola cleared waivers. Sigh... Setting myself up for disappointment I guess.

Kind of hope someone scoops Meech up. He'd probably help Grand Rapids, but I don't want him taking the spot of one of the guys still developing. Maltby should be a good mentor to the younger guys there.

Meech could be a good call up in an emergency for depth purposes, so I hope he stays in the organization (unless a trade can be worked out) until at least after the ASG...

Woke up kind of early this morning but then fell back asleep. I then dreamed that I logged on to LGW and then viewed a post by you saying "I told you guys" as Ritola cleared waivers. Sigh... Setting myself up for disappointment I guess.

Yea, I'm kinda disappointed at losing Ritola too... if there was some way to keep him around a little longer, and keep the team we have... then I'd be happy. At least he's heading for TB with Stevie. I keep getting the feeling the bolts will be good this year.