• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mead

Anyone else having trouble canceling Dish?

Rate this topic

I talked to a customer service rep earlier and asked if there had been any progress negotiating with Fox. They gave me the same line about how if they paid Fox what they wanted it would mean a 50% rate increase for me. Then I said

"So, I need to go ahead and cancel my service and switch to comcast or directtv if I want to be able to watch hockey."

(03) HY3 Jasmine S.U1J: I am sorry to hear this.

(03) HY3 Jasmine S.U1J: You will be able to watch these games on your local CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX or ESPN stations.

(03) HY3 Jasmine S.U1J: You wont loose your local channels.

Then she offered to transfer me to customer loyalty so I could go ahead and cancel. The transfer just stuck me in an infinite loop of

"All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.

An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.

The next available Agent will be with you in a moment."

I talked to a customer service rep earlier and asked if there had been any progress negotiating with Fox. They gave me the same line about how if they paid Fox what they wanted it would mean a 50% rate increase for me. Then I said

"So, I need to go ahead and cancel my service and switch to comcast or directtv if I want to be able to watch hockey."

(03) HY3 Jasmine S.U1J: I am sorry to hear this.

(03) HY3 Jasmine S.U1J: You will be able to watch these games on your local CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX or ESPN stations.

(03) HY3 Jasmine S.U1J: You wont loose your local channels.

Then she offered to transfer me to customer loyalty so I could go ahead and cancel. The transfer just stuck me in an infinite loop of

"All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.

An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.

The next available Agent will be with you in a moment."

1. this operator obviously had no clue what they were talking about

2. they are trying to make it as hard as possible to cancel

It took 2 hours to cancel. Comcast is coming on friday to do my install. I'll be at work on friday night so im going to have to watch the stream of fridays game anyway, but at least my wife will be able to watch the game at home.

Well DirecTV will be at my house next Monday, so I only have to watch the first two games on my computer. in a way I'm really happy dish Network did this, I found DirecTV. I will be getting 10x the amount of stuff for less money with DirecTV, then I got with dish Network.

Well DirecTV will be at my house next Monday, so I only have to watch the first two games on my computer. in a way I'm really happy dish Network did this, I found DirecTV. I will be getting 10x the amount of stuff for less money with DirecTV, then I got with dish Network.

all i need is vs, nhln, and nbc, if i could just buy those 3 channels i would be set for life, but no

I am debating DirecTV or Charter cable... with Charter we can get the cable, internet & phone for about $100 a month less than what we are now paying for 3 individual bills, but with DirecTV they have the home dvr networking so we can watch dvr recorded programs (games) on whatever tv's we want. Decisions, decisions...

i did the switch 5 years ago....i am in Albuquerque NM and dish had me missing all kinds of games.

blackouts....and phoenix home games.

( they are 800 miles away...so of course, its my local team and i should go instead of watch)

i missed approx. 20-25 games each year because of dish. then...if the wings played phoenix in the playoffs...i would have been playoff screwed.

since direct tv came in....i have missed 1 game in 5 years.

i recommend everyone that loves their team...do it.

GO DIRECT TV

Guest CaliWingsNut

I can't wait for google tv and other services to run these guys outta business.

We're currently paying separately for tv, telephone, and internet all running on the same networks and wires. You may get a combo pack, but you're still paying for 3 services, when internet is all that really should be charged anymore.

Edited by CaliWingsNut