• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

I agree that Patrick Sharp is not top 50, but if you want to talk stats, here are his past 3 seasons:

07/08 - 36g, 62pts
08/09 - 26g, 44pts (61 games = 35g, 59pts over 82 games)
09/10 - 25g, 66pts
09/10 playoffs = 11g, 22pts (22 games).

Bolland, Hudler and Filppula have not put up stats anywhere near that, what makes them better?

Sharp plays about 5 more minutes at ES than Hudler, and about 1-2 more than Flip. Sharp is a decent defensive player, while Flip and Bolland are notably better and Hudler is above average.

If Hudler played in Sharp's spot and with his minutes, he'd be an 80 point player. Flip and Bolland are two of the league's better two-way players. Sharp is not far behind, but he's fourth out of the group.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#42 StevieY'sguy

StevieY'sguy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

Lidstrom is the best in the world at what he does, and he's ranked so low.

What a joke.

I love Lidstrom as much as anybody but he is no longer the world's best defenseman, Keith and Doughty have certainly surpassed him and the gap will only continue to grow.....I agree with the criticism of the number 3 ranking of Toews but he is definitely a top 10 player, his games is very reminiscent of Yzerman's in the second half of his career..will probably never win a scoring title but is extremely well rounded. In my opinion the biggest omission to the top 15 is Getzlaf.

#43 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

I love Lidstrom as much as anybody but he is no longer the world's best defenseman, Keith and Doughty have certainly surpassed him and the gap will only continue to grow.....I agree with the criticism of the number 3 ranking of Toews but he is definitely a top 10 player, his games is very reminiscent of Yzerman's in the second half of his career..will probably never win a scoring title but is extremely well rounded. In my opinion the biggest omission to the top 15 is Getzlaf.

As far as the last two years, I have ranked the top two defensemen Lidstrom-Keith and then Keith-Lidstrom. I would put Lidstrom as the best over the two years. As far as this season? Keith and Doughty certainly come in as the Norris favorites, but Lidstrom should be considered in the top three at the very least, and the only defenseman I would consider putting ahead of him on a top-50 list would be Keith. The others who are on this list ahead of Nick are good, but not at Nick's level. And ranking Nick one spot ahead of Mike Green is like saying that Alexei Zhamnov was Sergei Fedorov's equal.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#44 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

Who is the person who thought Ovechkin wasn't in the top 2?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 GordieHowe4Ever

GordieHowe4Ever

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

How does Crosby make #1, he should be at the bottom of the list.