• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

October Schedule Wallpaper Now Available!

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Epic with vladdy in the background

btw why is sundays always first, is it the american way of making calendars?

Edited by mindfly

very cool man. I gotta wonder though, as a graphics and photoshop guy, where are you getting the high rez photos of the players and icons? you didnt recreate the logos did you? also just out of curiosity, how many brushes did you use on the red areas of the image?

Epic with vladdy in the background

btw why is sundays always first, is it the american way of making calendars?

Nope. Americans actually start the week on Tuesdays, but when it comes to sports the calender starts on Sunday. This is because Americans love football so much so they consider Sunday day one of the week, so all games (and stats) that occur throughout that week are compared to the Sunday before not after. Somehow this crazy "Sunday being the first day of the week" thing bled into hockey and baseball as well, but in terms of calenders that you buy at Patriot-Aid (a popular American pharmacy found all over here) the week begins on Tuesday.

Hope that helps!

very cool man. I gotta wonder though, as a graphics and photoshop guy, where are you getting the high rez photos of the players and icons? you didnt recreate the logos did you? also just out of curiosity, how many brushes did you use on the red areas of the image?

I'm going to be giving away my secrets. ;)

The background is the same image that I used for last spring's Stanley Cup bracket wallpapers, though this one has been run through a few red filters to get the look I was after (weathered, but detailed). The frost on the bottom is from a collection of free Photoshop brushes you can find online (also run through a few filters). The photos are from a Google image search, but the Wings' official blog usually posts up some fantastic hi-res versions that I alter and store for future use. The logos are gleaned from Wikipedia -- SVG formats open nicely in Illustrator.

The wallpapers are produced in various stages in both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS5.

I'm going to be giving away my secrets. ;)

The background is the same image that I used for last spring's Stanley Cup bracket wallpapers, though this one has been run through a few red filters to get the look I was after (weathered, but detailed). The frost on the bottom is from a collection of free Photoshop brushes you can find online (also run through a few filters). The photos are from a Google image search, but the Wings' official blog usually posts up some fantastic hi-res versions that I alter and store for future use. The logos are gleaned from Wikipedia -- SVG formats open nicely in Illustrator.

The wallpapers are produced in various stages in both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS5.

Ok, thats cool. I guess I didn't expect there to be player images with a resolution like that on the web. I was expecting there to be an inside source or something. Photoshop and Illustrator are great for this stuff. I always thought it would be great if I had an in to do album artwork for bands. Instead my education has gone by the wayside in government contracting. kudos on the calendar definitely. sometimes i fathom i will make my own when its almost the next month and there isn't a new one up :)