• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Hawks vs. Avs GDT

Rate this topic

How about that Brian Campbell? Hehe.

Hawks might have lost to Nashville last playoffs if Campbell didnt come back..

Speaking of which, both he and Boynton(suspension?) werent out there obviously. Hendry, Scott and a 19 year old Nick Leddy were on D. That is bad enough right there.

I don't remember that because I don't keep close tabs on Hawks (unless it's on NBC or Versus), but my guess would be Huet was in net? Much like Turco was in net tonight... Do you remember last year when Hawks were a stacked team before they had to firesale off half of their players that helped them win the cup?

I do.

Almost like the year before when Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson and a few others went bye bye.

Guest Heaten

I do.

Almost like the year before when Hossa, Hudler, Samuelsson and a few others went bye bye.

Lol. Okay :thumbup:

Umm.. yeah, nothing like Chicago. Hawks are a poorly managed team and it's being exploited. I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Hawks get a few injuries and miss the playoffs.

"CORE"

Speaking of which, both he and Boynton(suspension?) werent out there obviously. Hendry, Scott and a 19 year old Nick Leddy were on D. That is bad enough right there.

But wait I thought those guys were good enough to step in for any core members?

But wait I thought those guys were good enough to step in for any core members?

I didnt realize they were replacing Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Campbell.

I love all of the Turco criticism. Did any of you actually watch the whole game? Without him, the hawks dont get a point that game.

Lol. Okay :thumbup:

Umm.. yeah, nothing like Chicago. Hawks are a poorly managed team and it's being exploited. I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Hawks get a few injuries and miss the playoffs.

"CORE"

What are you basing this on? The fired Dale Tallon?

Turco also was absolutely dangled by stuart

Yep, its not like goalies ever get beat or anything.

Guest Heaten

I didnt realize they were replacing Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Campbell.

I love all of the Turco criticism. Did any of you actually watch the whole game? Without him, the hawks dont get a point that game.

More like without refs, the blackhawks don't get a point that game.Ticky tack calls and failed to call high stick or the tripping on Hossa. Game shouldn't even went OT

Edited by Heaten

that wasn't getting beat that was absolute silliness, but give stewart credit, the man is a beast and is going to eb sick on my fantasy team

More like without refs, the blackhawks don't get a point that game.Ticky tack calls and failed to call high stick or the tripping on Hossa. Game shouldn't even went OT

the penalty on winnick was an absolute joke

/

it is also funny how the ravenous homer olczyk reacts

Guest Heaten

From ownership on down. Just not a very classy club overall. Tallon getting fired was probably the best move they made before the firesale... But a Chicago blog said Stan Bowman was responsible for not mailing the qualifying offers. So basically the loss of some players is exclusively on his shoulders. And Versteeg for Stalberg? Seriously? Lol.

Like I said... just a poorly managed club from top to bottom.

Guest Crymson

it is also funny how the ravenous homer olczyk reacts

I think it's very silly and even somewhat obnoxious that they let him call games in which the Hawks or the Penguins are playing. The amount of bias that he has in favor of those teams is enormous.

I wonder what would happen were they ever to play each other in the finals. I imagine his head would separate into two pieces.

The winning goal was terrible. Turco has always had a habit of raising his arms too high, and tonight it burned him for the nth time.

Fortunately for Chicago, the refs were around to help them out.

Yeah, OK. I don't think you know much about the situation with Hudler. Samuelsson went for a whopping $2.5m. Hossa got paid out the arse by Chicago, and I'm sure they'll really enjoy still paying him in nine years.

If you're comparing Tallon to Holland, be prepared to be laughed out the door.

Edited by Crymson

Hope the Hawks got out of Denver alive, luckily they had their private traveling security <_<:blink:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackhawks/post/_/id/4664378/blackhawks-are-ready-for-opening-night

Rock Star Treatment

The Hawks have hired traveling security. Mike Higgins, who works security at the United Center, has been hired on by the team. The Hawks are believed to be the only team in the NHL with traveling security.

Yeah what the hell does that even mean? How have the Hawks proven better than everyone else they're best poised to repeat in recent history? Or even to win the Cup this year? Last time I checked a bomb went off in their lockerroom and only half the team made it out alive.

:lol: Thanks for the guffaws. :thumbup: