• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/8 GDT: Ducks 0 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

It's just the first game, just the first period, just the Ducks... but this team looks good. The first 10 minutes especially were fantastic.

Would like to see Zetterberg score though. He needs to get his scoring going early this season.

Perry is a ******.

Getzlaf is an abrasive ******.

Too much douchiness on that team. On the bright side my father pulled over Mara when he was on the Whalers and the guy was apparently really respectful. Doubt that is the case now that he is on the Ducks, but oh well.

Guest Crymson

Good period! I might have to eat my words on the erriccson/lidstrom pairing. Has been ok so far.

Ericsson has been responsibly pinching tonight. He's using his reach and his mobility. If he could start using his size, he'd be golden.

Anyone catch what Gatzlaf said? :lol:

Nope but Mickey did :lol:

1st Period Stats

Scoring Summary

ANA

None

DET

05:11 - J Franzen (1) - Assists: V Filppula (1) and The Todd (1)

05:35 - M Modano (1) - Assists: D Cleary (1) and B Stuart (1)

Shots on Goal

ANA: 6

DET: 12

Penalty Summary

09:08 ANA Bobby Ryan High Stick (2 min)

Power Play

ANA: 0 for 0, 00:00

DET: 0 for 1, 02:00

Penalty Kill

ANA: 1 for 1, 02:00

DET: 0 for 0, 00:00

I rewound the DVR to see what Getzlaugh was chirping about, and after repeatedly playing it over and over, I could only make out "... any day of the ******* week. Any day."

Edited by thegerkin

Pavel and Hank are flying out there tonight.

Sadly, because of injuries and what not, we didn't see much of that last year. They were also split up for a long time.

They belong on the same line together, and I think it's fair to say, they haven't had much success in their careers playing apart. At least not as much.

That was a satisfying period. Agreed?

Holla if you hear me.

It's in the lyrics, I swear. :P

Getz is a ******, yes...but if he wanted to play for the Wings? Oh good god, I would abandon my principles in a heartbeat. He's too damn good. :lol:

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pavelec lost consciousness, has been confirmed, and was transported to the hospital. No other news.

Pavel and Hank are flying out there tonight.

Sadly, because of injuries and what not, we didn't see much of that last year. They were also split up for a long time.

They belong on the same line together, and I think it's fair to say, they haven't had much success in their careers playing apart. At least not as much.

I think that's slightly exaggerated, but they definitely belong on the same line...

It's in the lyrics, I swear. :P

Getz is a ******, yes...but if he wanted to play for the Wings? Oh good god, I would abandon my principles in a heartbeat. He's too damn good. :lol:

Me too. In so many ways.

sooo weird watching Modano in the wings uniform... Cleary, Hudler and Modano has got to be by far the best 3rd line in the league... for teams like Hashville that would be a solid 1st line... congrats everyone on the beginning of the season!

Pavelec lost consciousness, has been confirmed, and was transported to the hospital. No other news.

Game is currently 1-1 with 2 minutes left in the first, its good to see that the team is still fighting despite what they had to see, probably doing it just for him.

These are always scary moments and never want to see them. Really hope he is OK