• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/8 GDT: Ducks 0 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

If the NHL wants to focus on things in the game they should start focusing on these baby teams who start playing dirty when they are getting dominated. I am so sick of people going after our guys because they are getting out played. The ONLY play in that game that warranted (maybe) was Z's hit/interference. Everything else was just simply crying.

The refs were also horrible at trying to control what was going on too. The hit from behind on Kronwall from Ryan (no call), The Mustache going after Cleary on a clean hit (no call) and Brookass going after Staurt for ???? Nothing ??

Pisses me off.....

I'm really starting to think there's a problem with the Canadian players in the league. There seems to be a generation of poor sports, cry babies, and cheap shot artists towards the Europeans, lead by Iginla, Crosby, Getzlaf, and Perry. Almost like it's a Canadian vs. European mindset. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the stuff Don Cherry says on Hockey Night in Canada?

Don't forget Shea Weber that guy is a complete ******.

Guest mindfly

My best Mindfly impersonation:

The power play sucked!

It did but it's the first game of the season and they were up 4-0 when ducks decided to goon up big time...and eaves and helm played too so,, who cares. ;)

Scoring Summary

ANA

None

DET

P1 05:11 J Franzen (1), Assists: V Filppula (1) and The Todd (1)

P1 05:35 M Modano (1), Assists: D Cleary (1) and B Stuart (1)

P2 05:29 P Datsyuk (1), Assists: H Zetterberg (1) and B Rafalski (1)

P2 16:55 D Cleary (1), Assist: P Datsyuk (1)

Penalty Summary

ANA (12 penalties for 46 minutes)

1) P1 09:08 B Ryan: Hi-sticking (2 min)

2) P2 13:04 A Sutton (served by D Sexton): Roughing (2 min)

3) P2 13:04 C Perry: Misconduct (10 min)

4) P3 07:41 C Perry: Fighting (5 min major)

5) P3 07:41 R Getzlaf: Slashing (2 min)

6) P3 07:41 R Getzlaf (served by D Sexton): Roughing (2 min)

7) P3 10:07 G Parros (served by D Sexton): Roughing (2 min)

8) P3 10:07 G Parros: Misconduct (10 min)

9) P3 16:23 B Ryan: Interference (2 min)

10) P3 16:23 S Brookbank: Fighting (5 min major)

11) P3 17:01 Bench (served by D Sexton): Too Many Men (2 min)

12) P3 17:36 P Mara: Hooking (2 min)

DET (6 penalties for 26 minutes)

1) P2 13:04 R Salei: Roughing (2 min)

2) P2 13:04 T Holmstrom: Misconduct (10 min)

3) P3 07:41 P Datsyuk: Fighting (5 min major)

4) P3 07:41 H Zetterberg: Roughing (2 min)

5) P3 12:03 T Holmstrom: Hooking (2 min)

6) P3 16:23 B Stuart: Fighting (5 min major)

Power Plays

ANA

5v4: 0-1, 01:56

DET

5v4: 0-5, 07:33

5v3: 0-1, 02:00

Even Strength

ANA

5v5: 0-4, 48:27

4v4: 0-1, 00:04

Total: 0-5, 48:31

DET

5v5: 4-4, 48:27

4v4: 0-1, 00:04

Total: 4-5, 48:31

Goaltender Summary

ANA

J Hiller (L)

TOI: 48:31 EV, 01:56 PP, 09:33 SH, 60:00 TOT

Goals-Shots Against

P1: 2-12, P2: 2-7, P3: 0-24, TOT: 4-43

DET

J Howard (W)

TOI: 48:14 EV, 09:23 PP, 01:56 SH, 59:33 TOT

Goals-Shots Against

P1: 0-6, P2: 0-9, P3: 0-6, TOT: 0-21

Three Stars (by Paul Harris, Hockey Weekly)

1) DET P Datsyuk

2) DET J Howard

3) DET D Cleary

The Wings go 1-0-0, while the Ducks are 0-1-0 in the season. Next meeting for the Wings will be tomorrow at Chicago (0-0-1), while the Ducks will go Nashville (0-0-0) tomorrow as well.

Final Score

ANA: 0

DET: 4

I couldn't believe my eyes, Pavs and Perry. :scared: I'm glad Jimmy gave him the big FU glove to the face. It's really too bad the Ducks had to goon it up... then again thats all they can do because they can't play hockey.

Jimmy with a shut out!!

Modo with 1st!!

Pavs with a Howe hat trick!!

:siren: Good god ladies and gentleman its the Red Wings 2010-11!! :siren:

Soft Euros 1

Enforcing douchebags 0

Enforcing and Perry in no way belong in the same sentence.

Lady Bing winners 1

Spot picking douchebags 0

Perry's like the bully's sidekick, who acts tough because he knows guys who can actually fight have his back. And he'll never pick a fair fight.

That's one we'd win. Hiller is a soft euro.

I think Babcock should go over there and beat up Carlysle for ordering his team to goon it up.

I would walk to Detroit to see that. How many years has he had his boyz play like that? How the hell does he keep his job? He's.an.idiot.

I think he is too busy whining at all the "terrible" calls the refs give his team.

"NO FAIR!"

Did you see him whining at the refs!? But I did my thing by screaming him and getting a cramp in that finger. It's good to vent. :blush:

I'm really starting to think there's a problem with the Canadian players in the league. There seems to be a generation of poor sports, cry babies, and cheap shot artists towards the Europeans, lead by Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry. Almost like it's a Canadian vs. European mindset. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the stuff Don Cherry says on Hockey Night in Canada?

Yes I'm replying to myself :lol:

I keep hearing that hockey in Canada is a rich kid sport. I think we're starting to see that with this current crop of Canadians. Guys like Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry were probably spoiled brats as kids going through hockey and had everything handed to them. They probably think it's the same way in the NHL since they're Canadian, it's "Our Game", and Don Cherry every Saturday night swelled their heads and at the same time made the Europeans look bad.

As a Canadian, I've been really disappointed in how Canadians are acting in the NHL since the retirements of Yzerman, Mario, and Sakic. Canadian behavior lead by Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry seems to get worse every year.

Don't forget Shea Weber that guy is a complete ******.

Why? Because he beat up Lilja after Lilja cheapshotted him.

Seriously guys, the ducks are a rough team, get used to it, a lot of teams are going to play us like that because they can get away with it.

It did but it's the first game of the season and they were up 4-0 when ducks decided to goon up big time...and eaves and helm played too so,, who cares. ;)

Lol, though it was annoying to see them not score with all that 5 on 3 time!

Who was that who took a run at Kronner before the Stuart fight?

Man the Ducks love to goon it up. I think it's gonna be a long season for them.

Bobby Ryan. Guys like that shouldn't be making runs at our guys. We needed Abby and Ericcson tonight. We should add another Abdelkader type player

Why? Because he beat up Lilja after Lilja cheapshotted him.

Seriously guys, the ducks are a rough team, get used to it, a lot of teams are going to play us like that because they can get away with it.

But if they lose, they don't really get away with it.

Yes I'm replying to myself :lol:

I keep hearing that hockey in Canada is a rich kid sport. I think we're starting to see that with this current crop of Canadians. Guys like Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry were probably spoiled brats as kids going through hockey and had everything handed to them. They probably think it's the same way in the NHL since they're Canadian, it's "Our Game", and Don Cherry every Saturday night swelled their heads and at the same time made the Europeans look bad.

As a Canadian, I've been really disappointed in how Canadians are acting in the NHL since the retirements of Yzerman, Mario, and Sakic. Canadian behavior lead by Iginla, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, and Perry seems to get worse every year.

Yeah but you ignore guys like Martin St Louis, Brad Richards, Lecalvier, Doughty etc.

But if they lose, they don't really get away with it.

Yeah but it still shouldn't happen. Your team should have enough balance that when you get in a blow out like that, you have guys to handle it. We've lost to teams like that before so its not unheard of. Thats style of play doesn't automatically equal lose