• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyerberger

Pavel Datsyuk has a Gordie Howe Hattrick

Rate this topic

So with Datsyuk fighting his arch nemesis, that means Hank and Crosby are going at it later this year.

In all seriousness, he fought well, but we can't have him fighting out there. I'd rather see a Downey/Parros scrap like we saw several years ago.

That's why you pay certain players to do the fighting.

So with Datsyuk fighting his arch nemesis, that means Hank and Crosby are going at it later this year.

In all seriousness, he fought well, but we can't have him fighting out there. I'd rather see a Downey/Parros scrap like we saw several years ago.

That's why you pay certain players to do the fighting.

Because staged fights are important.

I'd rather have fights that mean something, thanks.

Pavel :clap:

Because staged fights are important.

I'd rather have fights that mean something, thanks.

Pavel :clap:

I just don't want our star player getting hurt in a fight.

Isn't that important?

If you understood hockey better, then you'd know why those staged fights occur.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I just don't want our star player getting hurt in a fight.

Isn't that important?

Not as important as winning the game.

What did having an enforcer do for the Ducks tonight exactly?

I don't want Datsyuk getting in 10 fights a year, but one here or there isn't the end of the world. Especially when it's not against a veteran fighter.

If you understood hockey better, then you'd know why those staged fights occur.

I'm pretty sure I have played hockey at a fairly high level. I understand fighting, but right now in the NHL it's not a benefit to have an enforcer that can't enforce due to have the instigator rule.

There's not a NHL player worth his salt that is intimated of another player's fist. Do you think Matt Cooke is going to think twice if he has a clean shot on Lidstrom? Really?

Having an enforcer in the line-up just has a pure reactionary effect on the game in my opinion, something that is not the valuable right now in today's game.

Edited by Carman

You think he learned something from Boogard in his offseason camp???

Pavell looked like a seasoned fighter there - holding his own against a much bigger and experienced fighter. That was no hug-fest, it was a blow-for-blow fight!

How freaking' embarrassing for Perry.

Not as important as winning the game.

What did having an enforcer do for the Ducks tonight exactly?

I don't want Datsyuk getting in 10 fights a year, but one here or there isn't the end of the world. Especially when it's not against a veteran fighter.

Well, Datsyuk's fight didn't exactly win the game.

I'm just saying that I'd rather see tough guys fighting tough guys, than see our star player in a fight. Doesn't have to be against someone like Boogaard for him to get hurt.

That's what happens when no hired gun is in the lineup to take care of the dirty work. Now we have Datsyuk doing it instead.

This won't happen against most teams in the league, but against someone like Anaheim, it becomes a problem.

Yeah, and that was pretty bad for Perry.

He's already a known spotpicker, but he didn't come off too well in this fight. You'd think that he'd be able to beat Datsyuk rather convincingly.

A total loser.

Once Dats started throwing punches back it that little weasel I think it suprised the s*** outta him. I'm so glad I only had to tolerate Perry for 2 weeks during the olympics last winter because I really dispise that little prick !!

Well, Datsyuk's fight didn't exactly win the game.

I'm just saying that I'd rather see tough guys fighting tough guys, than see our star player in a fight. Doesn't have to be against someone like Boogaard for him to get hurt.

That's what happens when no hired gun is in the lineup to take care of the dirty work. Now we have Datsyuk doing it instead.

This won't happen against most teams in the league, but against someone like Anaheim, it becomes a problem.

I don't really consider Perry a "tough guy". Has he even won a fight? I just recall a couple fights where he got demolished by Carcillo, Nystrom etc.

Would that enforcer even have an impact whether Datsyuk decided to drop his gloves on Perry?

Perry wouldn't be interested in fighting an enforcer at that point in the game, he would have tried to draw the instigator even if by chance that enforcer was ever on the ice when he was.

Perry will get his revenge on the Wings by going after Hudler next game!

Hudler played in the KHL last year, which has quite a few former NHL enforcers in it.

He might surprise us with a fight or two this year.

Too bad Ericsson went out of this game. He was the only real fighter we'd have, except for Bertuzzi, who was sadly invisible when the going got rough.

You think he learned something from Boogard in his offseason camp???

Pavell looked like a seasoned fighter there - holding his own against a much bigger and experienced fighter. That was no hug-fest, it was a blow-for-blow fight!

How freaking' embarrassing for Perry.

That's what makes this so hysterical to me. Perry is the "enforcer" and Pavs is the finesse guy, but Perry got his taint handed to him. Watching the video of the fight, I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't really consider Perry a "tough guy". Has he even won a fight? I just recall a couple fights where he got demolished by Carcillo, Nystrom etc.

Would that enforcer even have an impact whether Datsyuk decided to drop his gloves on Perry?

Perry wouldn't be interested in fighting an enforcer at that point in the game, he would have tried to draw the instigator even if by chance that enforcer was ever on the ice when he was.

I don't remember the Ducks gooning us up like this when Downey or May were in the lineup.

Usually, tough guys will fight, and things calm down after that. When one team doesn't dress any tough guys and they play a team like the Ducks, naturally the non-fighters are going to get picked on.

I don't remember the Ducks gooning us up like this when Downey or May were in the lineup.

Usually, tough guys will fight, and things calm down after that. When one team doesn't dress any tough guys and they play a team like the Ducks, naturally the non-fighters are going to get picked on.

Perry is the perfect example. He's a spot picker and knows there's no one out there who will lay a beat down on him if he goes after Datsyuk.

There's no one in the lineup he'd have to answer to or else look like a coward.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

That's what makes this so hysterical to me. Perry is the "enforcer" and Pavs is the finesse guy, but Perry got his taint handed to him. Watching the video of the fight, I couldn't stop laughing.

I hope you're joking about Perry being an enforcer.

I'm surprised Getzlaf didn't fight anyone. He acted tough all night, but nothing came out of it.

BTW, this ends any hope of another Lady Byng trophy.

I really don't see having one player diminish the Duck's frustration. It wasn't even Parros going after people.

The only fight that was a mis-match was Stuart on Brookbank, but then again Stuart might not be a "fighter" but he's a big boy and able to defend himself.

Maybe I'm just old school, but I think fighting is an integral part of the game that everyone should be able to answer the bell if the situation is called. Obviously some a lot more often then others, but I never got why one guy should be the only person fighting and that's just his sole duty.