• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyerberger

Pavel Datsyuk has a Gordie Howe Hattrick

Rate this topic

I've been reserving judgment on proclaiming Datsyuk my favorite player of all time. This might have sealed it. Undisputed most complete player in the game. I'm not gonna bother nitpicking the details of who won or lost. Pavs was more than Perry could handle and that's more than good enough for me.

I honestly believe that if Pavs decided to work on the fighting aspect he would come up with dangle style knockouts that nobody has ever seen before. He's that creative.

Edited by Broken 16

I honestly don't think this is going to become standard practice, but at least he stood up for himself - quite well, I must say. You don't have to start the fight, but you damn sure should finish it.

20101008_coreyperry_paveldatsyuk_446w.jpg

Look at that form! :lol:

esteef

He actually did have surprisingly good form for someone who doesn't fight. Did a great job with balance, protecting himself and giving a few punches of his own. Maybe after practice he and Z have stopped playing keepaway and now they practice fighting. :P

I would like to see Pavel add this fighting element to his game. He will not fight Colton Orr, but punks like Perry when he gets challenged like that.

Way to stick up for yourself Pav !! I hope this rubs off on the rest of the guys.

I wouldn't. well, I guess it depends on what you mean exactly. I love that he stuck up for himself, especially against a douchebag like Perry. But he's to valuable to be dropping the gloves more than once every blue moon. Aside from injury potential, it's going to be a win for the the other team almost every single time to get Dats off the ice for 5 minutes.

Still, awesome to see.

I wouldn't. well, I guess it depends on what you mean exactly. I love that he stuck up for himself, especially against a douchebag like Perry. But he's to valuable to be dropping the gloves more than once every blue moon. Aside from injury potential, it's going to be a win for the the other team almost every single time to get Dats off the ice for 5 minutes.

Still, awesome to see.

Do I want to see Pavel fighting often? Not a chance. Do I think it's nice to have in the toolbox if someone pushes too far? Hell yes.

His form was actually pretty darn good. Wouldn't take much to get him trained up with very good technique.

Well, he has a mixed martial arts guy at his summer camp every year, so maybe he got some pointers from him. Couldn't hurt and you never know when you might need that skill.

Check out the Ducks feed, watch their players on the bench, only 2 or 3 of them are tapping their sticks against the boards........I guess the rest of them are just plain embaressed.

One of the Ducks announcers said something very surprising, but also very true.

"He (Datsyuk) is not a fighter, not that Perry is necessarily either"

Even his own play-by-play team recognizes he is a spot-picking pantywaist

Edited by McAwesome

Seems like Perry fights a Wing every time we play that retard.

Drake

Rafalski

Ericsson

Datsyuk

Your right, let's look at Perry's track record vs Wings.

Drake ---> Perry didn't even take his helmet off.

Rafalski ---> Can't actually remember.

Ericsson ---> Ericsson wins.

Datsyuk ---> Datsyuk wins.

That's 3-0, even if he did win rafalski's fight his still under 500.

I love that he stuck up for himself, especially against a douchebag like Perry. But he's to valuable to be dropping the gloves more than once every blue moon. Aside from injury potential, it's going to be a win for the the other team almost every single time to get Dats off the ice for 5 minutes.

Exactly. Did you see Babcocks quote? Something along the line of "Good for him, but I don't ever want to see Pavel drop the gloves again."

I'm sure Lopeckys broken face and Lilja's broken brain are all I need to say about the dangers of non-fighters fighting.

He actually did have surprisingly good form for someone who doesn't fight. Did a great job with balance, protecting himself and giving a few punches of his own. Maybe after practice he and Z have stopped playing keepaway and now they practice fighting. :P

I think that's a huge part of why he did so well. Most people underestimate the balance it takes to stay on your skates with somebody tugging on your jersey and trying to spin you around. And we know that Pavs has incredible balance. Think of how short fights usually are with guys who don't do it very often.

Rafalski ---> Can't actually remember.

It was during that brawl at the end of Game 6 of their series two years ago. The much bigger, stronger Perry jumped the smaller and fight-inexperienced Rafalski from behind and started pummeling him before he had any chance to react. The same Rafalski that had just returned that night from injury. I wouldn't call it a fight and it reflects as poorly on Perry as any action he's taken in his life.

It was during that brawl at the end of Game 6 of their series two years ago. The much bigger, stronger Perry jumped the smaller and fight-inexperienced Rafalski from behind and started pummeling him before he had any chance to react. The same Rafalski that had just returned that night from injury. I wouldn't call it a fight and it reflects as poorly on Perry as any action he's taken in his life.

wasnt that when rafalski body slammed whoever was fighting him or was that verse a different guy

just curious, did cherry mention this at all this weekend?

wasnt that when rafalski body slammed whoever was fighting him or was that verse a different guy

just curious, did cherry mention this at all this weekend?

No, this time started with Getzlaf kind of pestering Hossa, Hossa gave him a shot and Getz went after him. Perry then jumped Rafalski and pumped him pretty good.

Anyone else notice in the pictures the way Pav seems to be smiling throughout the deal??? I mean, in a fight the two dudes usually look really mean and he's there looking like he's just having fun with the whole thing.

Pavs is great.

From the Ottawa Sun:

quote-He was asked if he remembered the last fight he was in.

Yeah, he said. Fifteen minutes ago. Now after every game you will come and ask me why I dont fight.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/08/15639036.html

Yeah, I couldn't watch HNIC; anyone know what Cherry had to say? I found this site, but our internet is slow this evenning so I can[t see any of these.

http://www.dagens-hockey.se/hockeyclips.html

Edited by T.Low

Yeah, I broke down and watched Cherry too, wondering what he would say. I was happily disappointed that he said nothing. Much better that way.