• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#101 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

I've been reserving judgment on proclaiming Datsyuk my favorite player of all time. This might have sealed it. Undisputed most complete player in the game. I'm not gonna bother nitpicking the details of who won or lost. Pavs was more than Perry could handle and that's more than good enough for me.

I honestly believe that if Pavs decided to work on the fighting aspect he would come up with dangle style knockouts that nobody has ever seen before. He's that creative.

Edited by Broken 16, 09 October 2010 - 02:06 PM.

#102 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

I honestly don't think this is going to become standard practice, but at least he stood up for himself - quite well, I must say. You don't have to start the fight, but you damn sure should finish it.
Posted Image

#103 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

Look at that form! :lol:

esteef

He actually did have surprisingly good form for someone who doesn't fight. Did a great job with balance, protecting himself and giving a few punches of his own. Maybe after practice he and Z have stopped playing keepaway and now they practice fighting. :P

I would like to see Pavel add this fighting element to his game. He will not fight Colton Orr, but punks like Perry when he gets challenged like that.

Way to stick up for yourself Pav !! I hope this rubs off on the rest of the guys.

I wouldn't. well, I guess it depends on what you mean exactly. I love that he stuck up for himself, especially against a douchebag like Perry. But he's to valuable to be dropping the gloves more than once every blue moon. Aside from injury potential, it's going to be a win for the the other team almost every single time to get Dats off the ice for 5 minutes.

Still, awesome to see.

#104 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

I'm glad he stuck up for himself. I hope he doesn't have to but I think guys will think twice before starting something with him. Anyway, that's all I ask from this team that they stick up for themselves.

#105 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

Perry promised his parents he was going to make it onto TSN's SportsCentre.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#106 sharomyga

sharomyga

He delivers

• Silver Booster
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Corey Perry just became the first guy in NHL history to lose a fight to a four time Lady Byng winner

LOL :clap:
"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
П. Дацюк
"I don't have percentage, alcohol has percentage"
П. Дацюк
-----------
Posted Image
-----------
My website

#107 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

Edited by kook_10, 09 October 2010 - 05:27 PM.

works every time

#108 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

I love it! First Hudlers pic of the season.

Who would have ever thought that Pavel would be in the thick of an enforcer debate?

What a man!

#109 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

The multiple Hudler faces will never stop being funny.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#110 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

Posted Image

I lol'd.

O.o

#111 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:11 AM

I wouldn't. well, I guess it depends on what you mean exactly. I love that he stuck up for himself, especially against a douchebag like Perry. But he's to valuable to be dropping the gloves more than once every blue moon. Aside from injury potential, it's going to be a win for the the other team almost every single time to get Dats off the ice for 5 minutes.

Still, awesome to see.

Do I want to see Pavel fighting often? Not a chance. Do I think it's nice to have in the toolbox if someone pushes too far? Hell yes.

His form was actually pretty darn good. Wouldn't take much to get him trained up with very good technique.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#112 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:22 AM

Well, he has a mixed martial arts guy at his summer camp every year, so maybe he got some pointers from him. Couldn't hurt and you never know when you might need that skill.
Posted Image

#113 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

Check out the Ducks feed, watch their players on the bench, only 2 or 3 of them are tapping their sticks against the boards........I guess the rest of them are just plain embaressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLx_1XGjXN8&feature=player_embedded

One of the Ducks announcers said something very surprising, but also very true.

"He (Datsyuk) is not a fighter, not that Perry is necessarily either"

Even his own play-by-play team recognizes he is a spot-picking pantywaist

Edited by McAwesome, 10 October 2010 - 12:42 AM.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#114 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:00 AM

Seems like Perry fights a Wing every time we play that retard.

Drake
Rafalski
Ericsson
Datsyuk

Your right, let's look at Perry's track record vs Wings.

Drake ---> Perry didn't even take his helmet off.
Rafalski ---> Can't actually remember.
Ericsson ---> Ericsson wins.
Datsyuk ---> Datsyuk wins.

That's 3-0, even if he did win rafalski's fight his still under 500.

#115 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:02 AM

I love that he stuck up for himself, especially against a douchebag like Perry. But he's to valuable to be dropping the gloves more than once every blue moon. Aside from injury potential, it's going to be a win for the the other team almost every single time to get Dats off the ice for 5 minutes.

Exactly. Did you see Babcocks quote? Something along the line of "Good for him, but I don't ever want to see Pavel drop the gloves again."

I'm sure Lopeckys broken face and Lilja's broken brain are all I need to say about the dangers of non-fighters fighting.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#116 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:09 AM

He actually did have surprisingly good form for someone who doesn't fight. Did a great job with balance, protecting himself and giving a few punches of his own. Maybe after practice he and Z have stopped playing keepaway and now they practice fighting. :P

I think that's a huge part of why he did so well. Most people underestimate the balance it takes to stay on your skates with somebody tugging on your jersey and trying to spin you around. And we know that Pavs has incredible balance. Think of how short fights usually are with guys who don't do it very often.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#117 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

Rafalski ---> Can't actually remember.

It was during that brawl at the end of Game 6 of their series two years ago. The much bigger, stronger Perry jumped the smaller and fight-inexperienced Rafalski from behind and started pummeling him before he had any chance to react. The same Rafalski that had just returned that night from injury. I wouldn't call it a fight and it reflects as poorly on Perry as any action he's taken in his life.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#118 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

It was during that brawl at the end of Game 6 of their series two years ago. The much bigger, stronger Perry jumped the smaller and fight-inexperienced Rafalski from behind and started pummeling him before he had any chance to react. The same Rafalski that had just returned that night from injury. I wouldn't call it a fight and it reflects as poorly on Perry as any action he's taken in his life.

wasnt that when rafalski body slammed whoever was fighting him or was that verse a different guy

just curious, did cherry mention this at all this weekend?
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#119 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

wasnt that when rafalski body slammed whoever was fighting him or was that verse a different guy

just curious, did cherry mention this at all this weekend?

No, this time started with Getzlaf kind of pestering Hossa, Hossa gave him a shot and Getz went after him. Perry then jumped Rafalski and pumped him pretty good.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#120 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:11 AM

Anyone else notice in the pictures the way Pav seems to be smiling throughout the deal??? I mean, in a fight the two dudes usually look really mean and he's there looking like he's just having fun with the whole thing.