10/9 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

DET.pngGame 2 of 82

Detroit_Red_Wings.jpgVS. Chicago_Blackhawks.jpg

Red Wings 3, Blackhawks 2 Final

Wings spoil Hawks banner night

3410464093_21011e6975_z.jpg

TV/Radio

175px-New_FSN_logo_color.jpg971theticket_200.gifm_c0ede3db37aa47ddb37314035506b0c5.jpgnhl_network_logo_2007.png

Tonight's Stream

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/65010-wcsf-game-4-gdt-sharks-1-at-red-wings-7/page__view__findpost__p__1977374

4515730246_c2f1e25639.jpg

Game Preview:

Hawks to raise Cup banner before hosting Detroit

nhl_logo.png

Tonight's Officials

Forthcoming

riples187e.png

Detroit 1-0-0, 2 pts

Last Game: Defeated ANA 4-0

Chicago 0-0-1, 1 pt

Last Game: Lost to COL 4-3 (OT)

Last DET-CHI Meeting: 4/11, DET 3 at CHI 2 (OT) Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

DET Four tied at 1

CHI Three tied at 1

Assists

DET Seven tied at 1

CHI Tomas Kopecky: 2

Plus/Minus

DET Brian Rafalski: +3

CHI Marian Hossa, Tomas Kopecky: +1

----

DET None

CHI Niklas Hjalmarsson: -3

PIM

DET Tomas Holmstrom: 12

CHI Three tied at 2

riples187g.png

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Stuart-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

CHI.gifProjected CHI Lines

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa

Pisani-Sharp-Kane

Bickell-Bolland-Brouwer

Stalberg-Dowell-Skille

Keith-Seabrook

Leddy-Hjalmarsson

Hendry-Scott

riples187h.png

DET.png Chris Osgood

92996795.jpg.18900.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1263353910

1-0-0, 2.01 GAA, .929 SV%, 0 SO

----

versus.

----

CHI.png Marty Turco

98224208_crop_340x234.jpg?1280536349

0-0-1, 3.78 GAA, .902 SV%, 0 SO

riples187i.png

DET Kris Draper (groin) won't play, Justin Abdelkader (ribs) won't play

----

CHI Brian Campbell (sprained knee) out

Detroit's Next Game

COL.png

10/9, Avalanche at Red Wings; 7:30 PM

Edited by Hockeytown0001

PLEASE Ozzie play good. Taking a 3 point lead after this game in the division would be very cool, versus down one point. It's a long season, but any jump is good.

Yeah. I really think Ozzie is the key to this game. Our team played great tonight, Howard wasn't tested too much but made some saves. Ozzie needs to start his fight for starting job tomorrow night. I wouldn't mind two goalies with 0.00 gaa. :rolleyes:

Glad Kindl is in, sorry that Big E didn't get much of a chance on that top line, but honestly feel a bit safer with Kindl out there. Will he play with Salei or Lids?

Will we be down a bit after the openner, and the Hawks will be more determined, or do we have confidence and momentum?. Those top three Hawk lines still have some force to them. This is going to be a good series this year.

I'm up so I'll post this here instead of making a new thread.

NOTICE

Those registering on my site, we look at everyone's registration and cross check your information on this site or the others that you list. Putting down "I read this on LGW, but don't have an account" won't help much. I pays to post ;) ...that or being in the chat often last season. Due to it being the early stages we have to go off of something to check people's "fandom" (it's kind of a word :P). You would think that just being at LGW alone would be enough, but at this time no. Once things settle, in probably a week, we can be more lenient. So at this time putting nothing sends you to the back of the approval list. Sorry, but that's just how I have to do it for now, plenty of other streams on there though.

Also, tomorrow I may be blacked out of the FSD feed because I live the very close 350+ miles from Chicago :rolleyes:

I'll try to get it, just letting people know.

Edited by drumnj

I hate having important games be the 2nd half of a back to back. But at least we should have some good confidence after tonight's game. Pav gets a regular hat trick this time. Wings 5-3.

Edited by Buppy

I always feel good when we're facing Marty Turco. If Ozzie can play solid I think there's a big chance the Wings can keep riding last night's high and run over the Hawks.

5-3 Wings.

Pavel, Pavel, Hank, Mule, Hudler.

Of course Ozzie is the guy in the spotlight tonight. I'm not even sure why he's playing after how Howie played last night. This is a big game and we all know who is our "big game" goalie is right now.

After seeing us play so well yesterday, I'm still expecting a win here. That said, all Ozzie bashing aside, I remember a big game that Ozzie was in for at this time last year. The Pittsburgh game. Result, 7-6 Penguins OT win. Hat trick from Staal. I wouldn't be one bit suprised to see the Hawks put up 5.

If we win (and I'm confidant we will), 5-3 looks good to me.

If we lose, 5-4 Hawks.

this will be a disappointment after last night's game

Only game two and here come the naysayers...

Will we be down a bit after the openner, and the Hawks will be more determined, or do we have confidence and momentum?. Those top three Hawk lines still have some force to them. This is going to be a good series this year.

Seriously? Thomas Kopecky is on their first line. hahhahhaha

The thing that scares me is that there is no reason the Wings should lose this game. They have the confidence, the skill, the experience and the momentum. It all hinges on Osgood. The rest of the team looked like they were really having fun last night. The lines are clicking, they have confidence individually, and they're all healthy and they look 10x better on the ice than last season.

Osgood is the unknown variable here. A good game will do a lot to restore his reputation. I think with the excitement and the motivation the team has right means they won't be inconsistent like last year. We'll see a lot more winning streaks and less half-ass efforts. Virtually everyone on the Wings has something to prove and we should see it.