• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Stupid schedule... chicago rested last night while wings played a high tempo physical game... dunno how this game will turned out... i havent been confident in osgood since the 2008 cup run to be honest :(

CORE versus stacked team... i'm gonna say wings win but it will be a close one

Edited by mindfly

Historical Record

Road

This is the 2866th Road regular season game played. The Club’s record in the previous 2865 games:

1016 Wins

1389 Losses

425 Ties

1 Regulation Tie

21 Overtime Losses

13 Shootout Losses.

Road Opener

This is the 84th Road Opener played. The Club’s record in the previous 83 games:

25W-42L-15T-0OTL-1SOL.

In their last 10 Road Openers, the Club’s record:

8W-1L-0OTL-1SOL.

This is the 12th Road Opener vs. Chicago. The Club’s record in the previous 11 games:

3W-4L-3T-0OTL-1SOL.

Road Trips This Season

1-game: 10

2-game: 4

3-game: 3

4-game: 1

5-game: 2.

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 1W.

Historical Openers

Road: 1-game losing streak.

Historical Streaks vs. Chicago

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Road: 2-game winning streak.

Last Ten Games

Last Ten Games - Regular Season

Overall: 1W.

Last Ten Games - Historical vs. Chicago

Overall: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL

Road: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL

On This Date

October 9.

This is the 21st game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 20 games:

9W-8L-3T.

This is the 3rd Road Opener played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

0W-2L.

LGW.

Can we maybe have Franzen be scratched for this game. Just saying... October... Chicago.... History is not on our side here.

On another note. Hope Oz has a great game and gets some help in front of him. He could use the confidence builder.

Yeupp. Works both ways. The team has to back him up just like he has to back them up. :thumbup:

Edited by Vladifan

The Wings can win this game for a couple of reasons. 1) Turco 2) The Hawks are going to be tense and hyper beyond belief because of the banner-raising. The pressure is on them.

And the pressure is NOT just on Ozzie for the Wings. The Wings' TEAM as a whole has to come through. And they can.

Lastnight I saw a different edge to our game. An edge that had been missing for awhile, I haven't seen this team as determined since the 2008 season. The Wings looked hungry lastnight and I think that will carry over tonight in Chicago. I personally think the best medicine for this team is having to watch Chicago raise a banner.

I was impressed at they way the Wings played lastnight, it wasn't one of those we got a 4-0 lead lets just sit back, they kept putting pressure on the Ducks. They outshot the Ducks 21-6 in the third period. I know the Ducks bring the best out in the Wings, but so does Chicago. I expect the boys to be ready to send the Chicago fans home upset, AGAIN!! GO WINGS!!

Well.. I wasnt sure if I wanted to make predictions this year because my luck with them has kinda bounced around over the seasons.. but my prediction yesterday was for Ericsson to thrash Perry.. so.. close enough :thumbup:

Prediction for this game:

Wings 4 - Cleary, Franzen, Holmstrom, Rafalski

Hawks 2 - Hossa, Kane

LETS GO WINGS!

Stupid schedule... chicago rested last night while wings played a high tempo physical game... dunno how this game will turned out... i havent been confident in osgood since the 2008 cup run to be honest :(

CORE versus stacked team... i'm gonna say wings win but it will be a close one

Wait you were positive back then? :hehe:

AFTER WIPING UP THE ARTERIAL SPRAY FROM THE DUCKS OFF HIS CREST,....OUR "MAD ASSASSIN" CLIMBS UP TO THE TOP OF THE NEAREST BUILDING IN CHICAGO...AND TUNES IN HIS SCOPE TO ALLOW FOR WINDAGE.....

"THIS ONE IS FOR NOT MEETING US IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR"...KA-CLICK.

Guest mindfly

Wait you were positive back then? :hehe:

Yep.. although i didn't join this board until game 4 or 5 or something of the SC finals that year as you can see

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I like Ozzie and all but there is no way that he should be in net tonight after Jimmy put up a shutout last night. That being said, I really hope Ozzie finds his form and wipes the ice with this minor league team.

This will be a good test to gauge ourselves early in the season. Osgood will be the player to watch but I have faith...

I just want to see how good our 2nd and 3rd lines play. I am hoping that Hudler steps up to the plate like he has done in years past.

And I would love nothing less than to beat ... on their own turf. That would be priceless.