• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

I did not plan on reading too much into this game simply because the Wings have historically not performed well in back to back games, and like I predicted, they look like they are playing tired; namely they are having trouble setting up the good outlet passes, and establishing a presence in the offensive zone. However I am not too worried about this game because like I said they are playing tired.

The good news is that Ozzy has looked pretty dang good this game so lets hope he keeps it up. A couple things that are beginning to annoy me is how Babcock keeps changing the D pairings; they need a dman partner so they can know how one another plays because there are too many instances where their coverage is messed up. The good thing after this game is that the Wings will have a couple days to work on their PP (they have not had a chance to get it good yet so practice will perfect it).

All in all, the Wings are tired but are hanging in there hopefully they can find some more energy in the 3rd and get a W.

Guest Heaten

'Hawks emotions are like game 7 of the SCF and Detroit's emotions are like a preseason warm up. You can tell Hawks are giving everything they got in the tank to not get embarrassed on their home ice after their ceremony banner night. Plus refs are blind, that was a blatant elbow by Keith on Salei.

Hope Wings play with a little more emotion in the 3rd... I know 2 games in less than 24 hours sucks, but they out-skill and out-class the 'Hawks on so many levels.

Edited by Heaten

Because irrational Osgood hate trumps common sense.

And you know the season's begun when my ignore list starts accumulating honorees. :P

Funny you should mention that. I'm doing the same thing. Enough, ahready! :cool:

The win doesn't have to be pretty, it just needs to happen now :P

Ducks lost to the Preds tonight, and the 'Burgh choked it up to the Habs.

I enjoy seeing those two with 0-2 records to start the season.

The win doesn't have to be pretty, it just needs to happen now :P

Ducks lost to the Preds tonight, and the 'Burgh choked it up to the Habs.

I enjoy seeing those two with 0-2 records to start the season.

I wish to see Dats embarrass Turco, as illustrated by your siggy.

Now, please.

Turco... BOOGA!! :scared:

Score's even, Wings have scored first both times. The Hawks may not be the same as last year but we didn't expect them to be easy, especially on a back to back at their home opener, yea? This is still anyone's game--and that's a good comment on the Wings, especially given the situation.